My Truemove-H Impressions

muratremix

So what is the official top speed of Truemove H?... I have the regular Truemove 3g and can get 4.2mb now...

Also is Truemove H only carried by the old Hutch network? Or doe the whole True cell system offer this ?... If it is just Hutch seems like top speeds will be limited by a smaller network area...

Fastest I have seen on my phone is 2 mb that is only once though it's normally more like 1 mb I have seen 5.5 mb with the sim in a air card connected to laptop so far the signal strength on my phone has never gone above 2 bars so it's a weak signal with a few problems this is in krabi areA

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fastest I have seen on my phone is 2 mb that is only once though it's normally more like 1 mb I have seen 5.5 mb with the sim in a air card connected to laptop so far the signal strength on my phone has never gone above 2 bars so it's a weak signal with a few problems this is in krabi areA

That the speed you get with Truemove H!... Do you get the H logo on the phone in the left corner? (you may not be in a Truemove capable area)

Here is what I get in downtown Chiang Mai at the Wawee near Wat Chedi

(Again this is just with the regular on G3 with Truemove)

IphoneSpped.jpg?psid=1

That the speed you get with Truemove H!... Do you get the H logo on the phone in the left corner? (you may not be in a Truemove capable area)

IphoneSpped.jpg?psid=1

Thats the old trial network ( UMTS ). Pretty good for that trial network. True Move H will have the "H" there clearly and you would get about 8 - 12 MB/s

I see I need a new SIM then, thanks for the info.

Anyone using True H in Chiang Mai? Did you need a new SIM card?

True-H in Chiang Mai has great speeds. No idea about coverage as I don't use it yes (but a friend does, and pretty much it's 4-5 bars everywhere around Suthep, Nimman Area)

The only concern I have here is that:

(1) It seems they have issues with inter-network SMS

(2) There's no information regarding usage outside of coverage. Can you roam to other providers (like to normal True Move networks)

(3) There's also no information about international roaming, which is VITAL for me.

IphoneSpped.jpg?psid=1

I have the true move h sign on my phone and as said only seen 2.2 mb once and that was in the middle of the night after seeing the speeds above I think I will visit the true shop to see what's going on also at the moment it seems you can't tether a iPhone 3G there is no Internet tethering option to set the pan values under the cellist data menu I think this is more an apple update problem though

Edited by taninthai

The only concern I have here is that:

(1) It seems they have issues with inter-network SMS

(2) There's no information regarding usage outside of coverage. Can you roam to other providers (like to normal True Move networks)

(3) There's also no information about international roaming, which is VITAL for me.

(2) coverage, you dont need to roam to other providers. you start with True Move H 3G+ -> True Move 3G -> True Move 2G. in thailand there is no inter-operator roaming.

for example in Sheraton Hua Hin, was on the normal 3G not 3G+. Still was happy.

(3) have checked too. True Move H will only international roam early October (does not matter for me, as i use True Move normal in my iphone ).

When you are outside of Truemove H coverage you would roam on to the Truemove legacy GSM network for voice, text and 2G data. Evidently Truemove H isn't forwarding SMSes when you are off-net? Hopefully they'll fix that. I assume incoming voice calls are being forwarded when Truemove H customer are off-net? Can anyone confirm?

AIS has some roaming agreements with TOT for 3G and TOT 3G customers roam onto AIS for voice only. so there are a fair amount of inter-SP roaming agreements in place.

When you are outside of Truemove H coverage you would roam on to the Truemove legacy GSM network for voice, text and 2G data. Evidently Truemove H isn't forwarding SMSes when you are off-net? Hopefully they'll fix that. I assume incoming voice calls are being forwarded when Truemove H customer are off-net? Can anyone confirm?

AIS has some roaming agreements with TOT for 3G and TOT 3G customers roam onto AIS for voice only. so there are a fair amount of inter-SP roaming agreements in place.

Yes, you roam on the legacy 3G (trial) and 2G networks when H not available. It switches so fast, you do not even notice it ( even mid call ). Interesting, i use the H SIM for data , so not familiar with the forwarding of SMS's.

I switched to the old TOT 3G / AIS SIM last year, on my iphone, and dumped quick smart. When you get outside of the TOT3G boundry, you call drops, and there is sometimes a 5 min or more waiting period until it hands over to AIS 2G network. And then same the other way around. If you live or cross boundaries alot, it really sucks.

Yes, you roam on the legacy 3G (trial) and 2G networks when H not available. It switches so fast, you do not even notice it ( even mid call ). Interesting, i use the H SIM for data , so not familiar with the forwarding of SMS's.

Are you using Truemove H just for data? Or are you using it for voice, text and data? If just data, what is your application?

Can anyone confirm SMS delivery/reception when roaming on the legacy Truemove GSM network? Can anyone confirm receiving voice calls when roaming on the legacy Truemove GSM network? I assume all voice, text, data roaming is included in the plans, where applicable, or pricing is the same on-net/off-net?

Are you using Truemove H just for data? Or are you using it for voice, text and data? If just data, what is your application?

Can anyone confirm SMS delivery/reception when roaming on the legacy Truemove GSM network? Can anyone confirm receiving voice calls when roaming on the legacy Truemove GSM network? I assume all voice, text, data roaming is included in the plans, where applicable, or pricing is the same on-net/off-net?

Well, i did use it for a small stint with the Caspi phone i got for 900 baht with the deal. It could teather to my PC, but throughput was slow. Calls / SMS seemed to work. I still have my normal True Move for my iphone, and have put the H sim in an aircard now to get full through put.

Will migrate my other SIM soon, waiting for iphone 5 first

Edited by skippybangkok

Well, i did use it for a small stint with the Caspi phone i got for 900 baht with the deal. It could teather to my PC, but throughput was slow. Calls / SMS seemed to work. I still have my normal True Move for my iphone, and have put the H sim in an aircard now to get full through put.

Will migrate my other SIM soon, waiting for iphone 5 first

OK, I was looking for more experiences with voice, text and data, including on- and off-net, and nation-wide coverage with roaming; more like a general smartphone application.

With so few customers to date it's hard to get a lot of feedback. Hopefully, as more legacy iPhone customers transition to Truemove H there will be more feedback? The 3G performance appears to be excellent but that could be due to very few customers so far?

FYI, iPhone 3G does not support tethering. (For you who kept asking)

I think I'll refrain from moving to True Move H for a while then. Again, I personally believe that once the real deal starts with 2100MHz, AIS will be number 1 again. I believe that capital-rich company -vs- badly in debt companies perform differently.

Haha.. so much loyalty to AIS here. Don't want to lose my Serenade benefits either.

I think I'll refrain from moving to True Move H for a while then. Again, I personally believe that once the real deal starts with 2100MHz, AIS will be number 1 again. I believe that capital-rich company -vs- badly in debt companies perform differently.

Haha.. so much loyalty to AIS here. Don't want to lose my Serenade benefits either.

Yep that was me strange that I could tether my iPhone 3G on normal true but not on true move h, anyway the misses has been on the phone to true move h this morning asking about slow speeds in the krabi area there answer was iPhone 3 will only get speeds around 3.5mb. And iPhone 4 will get speeds of around 7.2mb I think they talk shit but after 2 years of edge I suppose I have to be happy with 2-3mb

Yep that was me strange that I could tether my iPhone 3G on normal true but not on true move h, anyway the misses has been on the phone to true move h this morning asking about slow speeds in the krabi area there answer was iPhone 3 will only get speeds around 3.5mb. And iPhone 4 will get speeds of around 7.2mb I think they talk shit but after 2 years of edge I suppose I have to be happy with 2-3mb

Sadly Wikipedia supports that view...

"The iPhone 3G introduced support for third-generation UMTS and HSDPA 3.6,[123] but not HSUPA networks, and only the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 support HSDPA 7.2.[124]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone

after having no true move h signal for 3 days its just come back on and these are the speeds great advert for true move h this is in south thailand on iphone 3g

I would not use Prince of Songkla University..... if their trunk is not well looked after , can be the source of slow speed test. Try TV, or other recommended servers.

Someone just notified me that True H trial prepaid cards are now available for those who want to try the new network for 70 baht. I think I'll finally give True H a try :D

When Truemove H launched there was some mention about the lack of an installed pre-paid billing system software package, as part of the Subscriber Management System, and that this issue would be rectified within 60 days.

They really do need pre-paid options, if only to replace those on the legacy Truemove 3G network. Otherwise they are leaving a lot of money on the table, or forcing customers to move to another provider. The ARPU on pre-paid 3G has got to be close to 300 baht/month?

Someone just notified me that True H trial prepaid cards are now available for those who want to try the new network for 70 baht. I think I'll finally give True H a try :D

When Truemove H launched there was some mention about the lack of an installed pre-paid billing system software package, as part of the Subscriber Management System, and that this issue would be rectified within 60 days.

They really do need pre-paid options, if only to replace those on the legacy Truemove 3G network. Otherwise they are leaving a lot of money on the table, or forcing customers to move to another provider. The ARPU on pre-paid 3G has got to be close to 300 baht/month?

Jai Yen Yen. Most operators dont launch prepaid from day one, as there are many technical implications. Have no doubt its on the agenda.

I asked on a local website (Pantip.com) and the True customer service said it will be available within 60 days.

However, if I wish to 'give it a try" I can just subscribe to one of their plans and cancel the subscription at anytime. I will not have to pay the whole month's service fee!!! They will recalculate everything based on the number of days you're on the network plus one extra day. That sounds very AIS-like and it's really fair.

Put those stupid contract locked networks in Australia and the US to shame in terms of fair-ness.

In one of the other Truemove H threads several posters mentioned that there was little required in the form of supporting documentation (no work permit, passport, visa required), and no term on the contract. Some said they had ~ 10 days, then had to pay or the service would be terminated. Anyway, it seems super easy to get a SIM, with little or no commitment required. Maybe this is their way of dealing with the lack of a pre-paid offer.

Still waiting for more first-hand voice, text, and data experiences especially off-net.

^^ I went into True shop and they didn't seem to know anything about the no contract deal.

After looking up for answers on Pantip.com, I found out that the "no-contract" deal was made available at locations where their sales are trying to get customers. Funny enough, it wasn't available at their store at Central World. Couldn't be bother now, as I am still loving AIS. Their HSPA in Bangkok seems to get better day by day. (Or it's me who grew accustomed to it)

Edited by infernalman7

In Chiang Mai, I don't see a "True H" network (when I scan networks from my iPhone 4).

At the same time, 3G is unusually fast today - never seen it pull 800KB/s - that's close to 8Mbit! It seems to be keeping up that speed over the last 5 minutes too.

Maybe I am on H? Anyone see a "True H" network on their iPhone 4?

(from my menu bar, on True 3G Chiang Mai)

post-20814-0-51782000-1318576002_thumb.p