Acceptable Salary Range For It Field

Dear All,

I need some inputs regarding salary range for software developer (SAP) in thailand. Anyone can share this?. What is the acceptable salary range for this field. As a note, I have 2 years experience in this field already, and I have no idea regarding Thailand country salary range.

And how about tax deduction calculation. Can anyone share this?. For example if you have salary offered in 34.000 baht gross. How much the nett for take home pay?.

I am glad if some one could share their experience.

Regards,

Duren.

If they offered 34k simply say no until they up the offer to at least 150k.

I believe he is asking for realistic expectations. He would need to get on an expat package from an international firm to get 150k+ and with 2 years experience not a chance as those generally go by seniority in the company.

Location (within Thailand), experience, etc will determine the range. Also, competition from Thai nationals will be high and you might note looking at ads they most will specifically state Thai national. However, below is the normal range. For two years would expect the low end of around 36k/month but could request 50k and negotiate.

Software engineer salary ranges

If they offered 34k simply say no until they up the offer to at least 150k.

which they wont do to someone with 2 years experience.

it is very much an employers market right now, and to be honest, with only 2 years experience you offer little more than a thai developer with more or equivalent experience.

unless you are willing to work for peanuts, you are not worth the headaches and red tape

Edited by nocturn

Please PM me if you want some idea of what we pay this kind of experience. I can not discuss our salary levels on this forum. But if you have approached them you should expect to get a local rate. If they approached you abroad it would be different.

I hire a lot of people, including .NET and other developers. So I can give you an idea of what is normal and what is not.

I can tell you that for 2 years of experience you would normally not be a target for an expat position unless you have some very exceptional skills and experience.

FYI, I have a very large number of staff, all Thai, and you can find most kinds of skills and experience in Thailand except for some of the most senior staff, architects and emerging technologies. SAP, while there is huge demand, is not one of those technologies.

Ian