Cat Telecom

Has anyone got cat fiber optic cable installed to there house yet?just had the guys round and said they can put in with 500m of cable and wifi box for free if i pay 6 months up front.1500b a month,sounds good to me,just want to know if its quick or not,need to run laptop and i pad from it.

From memory Nod has got the system. I'm getting TOT fibre optic, same price, but they were quicker in response & installation. Should be OK 10 Meg download & 2 Meg upload for Cat.

Good deal Motorcrosser.

We have the CAT engineers come in the restaurant for the wife's cooking and I asked them today.

12 Meg down and 2 Meg up for 1,600 baht a month and they are rolling it out around the island now

Roo if you give me the area you live in I will ask them later today or tomorrow if they have it there yet or when it is due.

We have the CAT engineers come in the restaurant for the wife's cooking and I asked them today.

12 Meg down and 2 Meg up for 1,600 baht a month and they are rolling it out around the island now

Roo if you give me the area you live in I will ask them later today or tomorrow if they have it there yet or when it is due.

Thank you for the offer.

Actually they did come up to see me, it is already down the road from me, so had to run it up hill. We had 8 to 10 connections, they took all my paper work, yes we will be back, that was the end of it.

Couldn't be bothered chasing them, TOT my supplier knocked on the door & offered to do it within 2 days , free cabling , router & one free month trial.

Here is my TOT connection:

Last Result:

Download Speed: 11702 kbps (1462.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 1007 kbps (125.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 23 ms

Thu Oct 06 2011 14:53:47 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

i've had tot adsl at home for the last three years. tot adsl in two offices as well. all things considered, not enough to bother to complain about anything.

one month ago i asked tot to install fiber optic internet at my home, they said "we'll send someone out to check"

one week later, they checked, ok they can do, but they want 4,500 for the install. 4,500? i live 30m from the ring road for christ's sake. i've got a friend that lives way the hell out in the boonies and he got the install from cat for free. anyway, i had a reason to have a more reliable and more high speed line installed so i paid at the nathon office on a friday and they said "we will install for you on monday."

that was more than three weeks ago now. no install. we've called them several times and their response was always the same. "we'll call you when we can install".

i went down to the office two days ago and told them i wanted to cancel, refund please. they immediately called the installer and asked why he hadn't installed and i could hear his response, "i forgot". the office boss said "we can install today" i said no thank you, refund please. he said they couldn't refund that day as they had to call bangkok first.

i left the office with my payment receipt, called bkk tot to complain. still waiting on my refund of 4,500.

i've already cancelled tot internet service to two additional office locations due to this. between my home and two offices that's roughly 4,000 baht per month they've now lost in addition to the loss from install and fiber optic service at my home and those two offices.

i will not recommend tot again.

i've had tot adsl at home for the last three years. tot adsl in two offices as well. all things considered, not enough to bother to complain about anything.

one month ago i asked tot to install fiber optic internet at my home, they said "we'll send someone out to check"

one week later, they checked, ok they can do, but they want 4,500 for the install. 4,500? i live 30m from the ring road for christ's sake. i've got a friend that lives way the hell out in the boonies and he got the install from cat for free. anyway, i had a reason to have a more reliable and more high speed line installed so i paid at the nathon office on a friday and they said "we will install for you on monday."

that was more than three weeks ago now. no install. we've called them several times and their response was always the same. "we'll call you when we can install".

i went down to the office two days ago and told them i wanted to cancel, refund please. they immediately called the installer and asked why he hadn't installed and i could hear his response, "i forgot". the office boss said "we can install today" i said no thank you, refund please. he said they couldn't refund that day as they had to call bangkok first.

i left the office with my payment receipt, called bkk tot to complain. still waiting on my refund of 4,500.

i've already cancelled tot internet service to two additional office locations due to this. between my home and two offices that's roughly 4,000 baht per month they've now lost in addition to the loss from install and fiber optic service at my home and those two offices.

i will not recommend tot again.

Here you go, both can be so slack. Negligence & lack of communication.

went back to tot nathon this morning to try and get my 4,500thb again. "come back monday, manager gone." dropped off company papers to cancel 2 business accts and 1 personal. so still no refund.

drove around the corner to cat to drop off company papers to commence new business fiber optic account in bang rak, "ok free install free router. "

had asked cat two months ago for fiber optic to my home in the north west corner and they said "sorry, cannot. have to put 5km of cable" so i asked again while i was in the office for the business account and lo and behold, they have now and are sending someone out to inspect location and we've been told free install and router for the home as well.

almost forgot, what tot had offered me for fiber optic internet connection was a 10mb DL 1mb UL for 1,499 per month

cat package is 12mb DL 2mb UL for 1,500 per month.

substantial difference.

aaaand still getting the run around from tot. no refund, now 1 month. first they "have to contact bkk" , now it's "waiting for surat office"