What'S Facebook Up To Now?

Xangsamhua

Have just received the following message in my email inbox:

Hello,

Facebook informs you that your account will be limited, we could not verify the details of your account.

For this reason, you must go to the verification page to continue to use our services. Otherwise your account will be restricted / blocked.

Go to your account

In case of limiting or blocking your account please contact The Facebook Team.

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

Is it for real, or a scam?

I'm not aware of any attempts to verify the details of my account.

Why do they need to verify them anyway? (I use Facebook very little.)

If the OP doesn't use it much, why bother at all? I deleted my FB account after I found some strange shit happening when I "appeared" in a comment section of a Thai-language news website and I wasn't even logged on to FB at the time.

All you need to do to delete your account is login and say as much and then DO NOT log in to your account for at least 11 days. Then it will have 'disappeared'. Any social networking site that doesn't have a simple "one-click and your gone" form of account closure is up to no good IMHO.

FYI...I've had my FB account hacked 2 times. It's a pain. I get bogus emails all the time like this. I would delete the email and then go to FB directly to see what's going on.

So are you saying it's definitely bogus?

My wife got a message from them earlier in the year asking her to change her password as her FB account had been hacked. They even indicated the general area (in New South Wales) in which the hacking occurred. It seemed legitimate, so she changed her password.

It's hard to tell these days. Spam messages from PayPal look authentic.

If the OP doesn't use it much, why bother at all? I deleted my FB account after I found some strange shit happening when I "appeared" in a comment section of a Thai-language news website and I wasn't even logged on to FB at the time.

All you need to do to delete your account is login and say as much and then DO NOT log in to your account for at least 11 days. Then it will have 'disappeared'. Any social networking site that doesn't have a simple "one-click and your gone" form of account closure is up to no good IMHO.

I use it to look at photos of the grandchildren, usually after they've had a birthday or been on a trip or something. My wife puts up photos when we've done anything special, too.

Otherwise, I like the sentiments in Ross Gardiner's "You need to get off Facebook" (YouTube - I don't think we're allowed to post the link here).

I'm not saying it's bogus, just saying to be careful. I created a new email address just for FB and a few other sites I worry about. So when I get these emails in my regular account, I know they are bogus. It's a pain, but necessary these days! I get ones for paypal all the time...and they are all bogus.

I have been getting very similar ones regarding my e-mail account , and bank accounts with banks i don't use.

I just move them into spam. If they are genuine i will deal with them then.