60 Days Tourist Visa Question (Exact Lenght)

Hello,

I have a question regarding the 60 days tourist visa.

On arrival, they stamp you for 60 days - I was in Thailand (Phuket) last year and the gave me a stamp 25th feb - 25th apr which is obviously less than 60 days but I didn't care about it back then as my flight back was earlier anyways.

Now I'm coming to Thailand again and noticed that my stay will be 91 days, I misscalculated and planned it to be 90 days (60 days and 30 days extension).

I will arrive on oct 26th and my flight out is on jan 24th so I will overstay by one day - unless they will just stamp me for oct 26th - jan 26th again?

So what are they actually doing (this is BKK btw)?

- stamping for 60 days and the guy who stamped me last time was just too lazy to calculate

- or just adding 3 months to the arrival date, e.g. arrival oct 26th means stamp until jan 26th?

if I only get a oct 26th - jan 23th stamp, can I avoid the overstay by spending a night at the airport hotel (if there is one)?

The day of arrival is counted as day one, so you should be stamped in until the 24th December, a 30 day extension should take you until the 23rd January,but not sure is the extension will start on the 24th or the 25th, so departing on the 24th could give you a one day overstay,but could be 2 days, having read threads on here a one day overstay is not charged for, but an overstay stamp will be given. a 2 day overstay will cost 1000baht.

Do you arrive on the 26th for sure as most flights from Europe arrive next day,just a simple observation.

the 25th Feb - 25th April is 60 days

Edited by steve187

I don't think there is cause for concern because the 24th and 25th of December is a weekend, so if you pop up at Immigration on Monday Dec 26th, they shouldn't charge you for the "overstay." While I cannot say for certain, when I have had to report to Immigration for an extension, if my "stamp out" date is on a weekend or national holiday, and I show up the next business day, I have never been charged for an overstay.