Liv 52 - Liver Protection Medicine

Aquarius83

Go to an Indian neighborhood or where there is a large concentration of Indians. The shops that service Indians are most likely to have some stock. As this is not a classified as a drug, but is registered as a "natural" food supplement, it falls outside the standard pharmacovigilance framework.

Now that I have helped you throw away your money, I do wish to offer my opinion that the product is all but useless. The reduction of alcohol, high fat intake and redmeat will achieve the desired results. Although the Indian manufacturers make claims of efficacy, I have yet to read any clinical studies that support the claims made in some jurisdictions. Note too that the product is marketed as "Livercare" in some markets and the claims made are not the same as those found on Indian based websites.

Go to an Indian neighborhood or where there is a large concentration of Indians. The shops that service Indians are most likely to have some stock. As this is not a classified as a drug, but is registered as a "natural" food supplement, it falls outside the standard pharmacovigilance framework.

Now that I have helped you throw away your money, I do wish to offer my opinion that the product is all but useless. The reduction of alcohol, high fat intake and redmeat will achieve the desired results. Although the Indian manufacturers make claims of efficacy, I have yet to read any clinical studies that support the claims made in some jurisdictions. Note too that the product is marketed as "Livercare" in some markets and the claims made are not the same as those found on Indian based websites.

Hmm. thanks for the tip. Maybe i go to walk around in Pratunam.

I know a lots of bodybuilders who say that Liv 52 has really work for them when they have a high stress on their liver. And they have took liver tests with and without it, otherwise under same circumstances.

Should be more helpful than Milk Thistle (Silymarin).

You can buy also milk thistle. It's very, very good.

Many people say that Liv 52 would be better.

But anyway, where can i buy Milk thistle?

What i found in some Pharmacy the Silymarin dosage was so low that should eat the tablets with spoon like cereals and it would cost like hell.

Edit: Could you please put the price and dosage what you have?

Edited by Aquarius83

You can buy also milk thistle. It's very, very good.

Many people say that Liv 52 would be better.

But anyway, where can i buy Milk thistle?

What i found in some Pharmacy the Silymarin dosage was so low that should eat the tablets with spoon like cereals and it would cost like hell.

Edit: Could you please put the price and dosage what you have?

Actually the local Pharmacist said he haves Silymarin (Samarin 140mg) and the price is 45b for 10tabs. He usually gives very good prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Liv 52 is actually a herb called picroriza kurroa. . Contrary to another respondent's criticism, this herb has been well-tested and is effective. I have used it and also, milk thistle. Blood tests before and after showed that it worked. I am currently looking for Liv 52 in E. Europe. if you know someone in America you can get it from Swansons in a formula called Liver Essentials. -S.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know a lots of bodybuilders who say that Liv 52 has really work for them when they have a high stress on their liver. And they have took liver tests with and without it, otherwise under same circumstances.

The way you've worded this one could be misled to believe that bodybuilding causes stress on the liver. The only time a bodybuilder will "have a high stress on their liver" is through the consumption of oral anabolic steroids or other oral supporting drugs and some injectable drugs.

Only fools take these to gain muscle. Once they are discontinued the muscle will soon disappear. It's a heavy price to pay - trading liver health for temporary muscle gain.

The way you've worded this one could be misled to believe that bodybuilding causes stress on the liver. The only time a bodybuilder will "have a high stress on their liver" is through the consumption of oral anabolic steroids or other oral supporting drugs and some injectable drugs.

Only fools take these to gain muscle. Once they are discontinued the muscle will soon disappear. It's a heavy price to pay - trading liver health for temporary muscle gain.

I have to disagree, the muscle does not disappear. I dont say its a smart thing to do. I have done it twice in my life and i must say the muscle did not go away. Its not something you should do often that is for sure.

I have to disagree, the muscle does not disappear. I dont say its a smart thing to do. I have done it twice in my life and i must say the muscle did not go away. Its not something you should do often that is for sure.

It does worse than disappear - the steroid user will more often than not end up with a messed up hormonal system with lower natural production of testosterone. Most users will end up with less muscle and more fat. Perhaps bodyweight could stay the same, but percentages of fat and muscle will be different due to lower natural test production.

Obviously this will depend on the level of steroid use i.e. How much you used, what you used, how long you used them, how much you relied on them and whether or not you undertook aggressive PCT after you stopped (most steroid users don't).

Please be aware that in the context of this thread I'm mainly referring to oral anabolic steroids which put heavy stress on the liver.

Edited by tropo

It does worse than disappear - the steroid user will more often than not end up with a messed up hormonal system with lower natural production of testosterone. Most users will end up with less muscle and more fat. Perhaps bodyweight could stay the same, but percentages of fat and muscle will be different due to lower natural test production.

Obviously this will depend on the level of steroid use i.e. How much you used, what you used, how long you used them, how much you relied on them and whether or not you undertook aggressive PCT after you stopped (most steroid users don't).

Please be aware that in the context of this thread I'm mainly referring to oral anabolic steroids which put heavy stress the liver.

I have to agree here most of the time orals are not a good idea. There are some exceptions but that is too much to go into.