One Year Ed Visa, No Extensions, No Reporting!

Hi,

I have an Ed visa which I extend every 90 days. I also report every 90 days just like everyone else.

I've done this for almost a year and now I have been given a choice for the next year.

1. Pay a years school fees and continue as I am.

2. Have that visa cancelled and pay for a new one year Ed visa with no 90 day extensions, no reporting, just a one year visa.

I've been offered just a one year Ed visa where I don't need to go to immigration and extend every 90 days (because it's a one year visa) and I don't need to report every 90 days. I don't need to do a thing, for a year, just get a re-entry permit if I want to leave the country.

I have not misunderstood what I've been told. These are the facts.

I've been told this is a new type of visa and I trust my school / agent completely.

Has anyone ever heard of this before?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Ritfor.

There is no such thing. There is a one year extension of stay (which this seems to be) which costs 1,900 baht and requires normal 90 day address reports if you do not leave Thailand. You may misunderstand that it seems. You do need to report your address with a TM.47 form but will not need new TM.7 extensions of stay every 90 days.

Is there a reason that you have to cancel a visa to get a new one? Shouldn't you be able to just extend what you have for one year?

It might require different paperwork, but if the school is qualified for one year extensions I would think it's doable.

"I trust my school / agent completely."

There are some services now that will do your 90 reporting for you as a proxy. there may be some kind of service involved. Either way, a 90 report for your address needs to be made either by you or by one of these services

is this visa the same price as the previous visa?