Is Today (Oct 3) A Gov'T Holiday?

kirmizi

The title says it all. I went to the Patong Immigration office to do my 90 day report and it was closed. I'm not due until tomorrow so I'm ok for now. I know it's Veg. festival but I didn't know it was a government holiday. Can anyone confirm whether today (Monday) is in fact a holiday? Also, will Immigration be open tomorrow? Thank you.

The main office was open yesterday for my 90 day report. I do understand your concern though as it seems at times there are more holidays here than regular business days. But I have to again compliment The Phuket Immigration as the finest of the 5 different ones I have had to deal with. There are actual,factual smiles on many faces there. ( I get a little rebate every time I write this on TV.) :whistling:

Did you go between 12 and 1 ? Closed for lunch.

No. I know the hours and I checked back several times on Monday. It was definitely closed all day. It was open again on Tuesday and all went fine. I've heard that this particular office sometimes closes for no discernible reason. Anyone planning to use it would be wise to go a day or two ahead of time.

Did you go between 12 and 1 ? Closed for lunch.

No. I know the hours and I checked back several times on Monday. It was definitely closed all day. It was open again on Tuesday and all went fine. I've heard that this particular office sometimes closes for no discernible reason. Anyone planning to use it would be wise to go a day or two ahead of time.

You can go 7 days before or after the date by the way without a problem.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.