Samsung Galaxy Note Availablity In Thailand

thaimite

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sim Free". Sounds to me like Wifi-only, just like the Galaxy Player, except that's only just over 8,000 baht.

No it means you put your choice of sim in it instead of having to get it on a contract.

Contract? What is that, something used in foreign lands? ;)

when getting my grey market iPhone4S at MBK this past weekend, I also searched for a grey market Galaxy Note (to serve as my secondary phone) but didnt spot one....did any one see one???

Edited by trajan

when getting my grey market iPhone4S at MBK this past weekend, I also searched for a grey market Galaxy Note (to serve as my secondary phone) but didnt spot one....did any one see one???

Now available on ebay from Germany. About $800ish including shipping to the states...not sure about LOS.

my office just called Samsung head office in Thailand...

they said they will start selling the Samsung Galaxy Note starting on Monday (21st Nov) and all Samsung outlets should have it in stock within a week of that launch...

I hope that's true

I will continue using my iPhone4S (as all data, music, movies, books etc. are in that ecosystem for me), but want the Galaxy Note (as a backup phone, plus mini-tablet use on the go ---lugging the larger iPad2 around all the time is not feasible)

Edited by trajan

Had to make a short business trip today to Manila and the MegaMall had the Samsung Note in a few of the shops on the IT floor

Immediately picked one up and it is a great combo of phone and tablet

So easy to upgrade from my S2 using Google - all my contacts, calender events etc were synced in seconds. It also rememberd my purchases so just re-downloaded them.

Swapped the 32gb micro SD and all the music and videos were identified

It fits perfectly into a shirt pocket and with my fat fingers SMS'ing and emailing is much quicker

Not tried the pen functions yet as am still downloading all my S2 apps via the hotel free wifi

Will not say how much it cost other than "a lot!"

BTW had to download the latest Kies (dated Nov 9) for all the drivers to install on the PC

they said they will start selling the Samsung Galaxy Note starting on Monday (21st Nov) and all Samsung outlets should have it in stock within a week of that launch...

I hope that's true

I will continue using my iPhone4S (as all data, music, movies, books etc. are in that ecosystem for me), but want the Galaxy Note (as a backup phone, plus mini-tablet use on the go ---lugging the larger iPad2 around all the time is not feasible)

Using DoubleTwist you can copy all the files in your itunes to your Android device... Costs a couple of $, but it's a good app.

I hope that's true

Using DoubleTwist you can copy all the files in your itunes to your Android device... Costs a couple of $, but it's a good app.

interesting...I'll take a look, but Im do like Apple (and Android both)

Had to make a short business trip today to Manila and the MegaMall had the Samsung Note in a few of the shops on the IT floor

Immediately picked one up and it is a great combo of phone and tablet

So easy to upgrade from my S2 using Google - all my contacts, calender events etc were synced in seconds. It also rememberd my purchases so just re-downloaded them.

Swapped the 32gb micro SD and all the music and videos were identified

It fits perfectly into a shirt pocket and with my fat fingers SMS'ing and emailing is much quicker

Not tried the pen functions yet as am still downloading all my S2 apps via the hotel free wifi

Will not say how much it cost other than "a lot!"

BTW had to download the latest Kies (dated Nov 9) for all the drivers to install on the PC

Let us know if that big battery works for the big screen

I hope that's true

Yeah, that's one of the reasons I don't use that ecosystem.

Did they say anything about the release of Nexus Galaxy in Thailand?

Last I checked DoubleTwist was free ... :)

My secretary have found a MBK shop who sells the Note for 23 000 baht... i'm heading there now to take a look and buy one....

please let us know here :)

Im keen to get one....BTW Samsung Thailand advised my secretary that they will start distributing the Galaxy Note in Bangkok on Monday....Im not sure that is the case, but if it is true, the grey market ones at MBK hopefully will come down in price...

Surely, Bought it from www.thaimobile7.com at 4th floor MBK

Any idea if this is a honest seller? Worried about after sales service and warranty.

The service was excellent. He installed A LOT of programs for free...But no warranty support from Samsung Thailand. He was honest about that when i asked. But there is a warranty card in the box that seems to be for HK buyers. The seller told me to visit his shop if any warranty issues happens later. What its wort, i don't know.

Edited by inventorinthailand

Typical Me Luck.

Back to work the day before the Samsung note goes on sale :angry:

Anyway, I am happy with my SGS II and am now off to check the threads about recommended apps etc. Not sure if I want to root it though just yet

Edited by thaimite