Samsung Galaxy Note Availablity In Thailand

thaimite

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SGH-i777 is the AT&T version of the SGS2. (There is also an i727, "Skyrocket" version.)

The T989 is the T-Mo version of the SGS2.

These are really service provider model numbers, that is to say AT&T tells Samsung the model number is SGH-i777.

Not sure what a "real" SGS2 is? For Thailand purposes I'd say these two versions are perhaps not the best choices? Both carry additional hardware, and are a bit "thicker".

Apologies for straying so far off-topic.

Edited by lomatopo

Picked up my Samsung Note today at fashion Island Ram Intra, sold out at most places including the Samsung shop. Luckily found one at Welcom Baht 22900 same as all the shops in that mall. What an amazing phone it is so light and the screen size is fantastic. Even with a screen protector the pen works great.

Picked up my Samsung Note today at fashion Island Ram Intra, sold out at most places including the Samsung shop. Luckily found one at Welcom Baht 22900 same as all the shops in that mall. What an amazing phone it is so light and the screen size is fantastic. Even with a screen protector the pen works great.

I wouldn't use it as my daily phone - it is just too much of a brick.

But as a travel phone it seems perfect. Can leave my iPad at home and travel lighter and smaller. Still great display size for serious surfing and reading. And i like the stylus a lot too.

• 2 weeks later...

Just someone bought for me a Samsung Galaxy Nexus in BKK today. I looked all over Chiang mai but not available here.

shops like TG phone shop and Jaymart shop seems to have it in stock.

Price seems to be 19,900 baht.

Hope to receive it here in Chiang mai shortly.

Regards,Hans

But as a travel phone it seems perfect. Can leave my iPad at home and travel lighter and smaller. Still great display size for serious surfing and reading. And i like the stylus a lot too.

more than 20% more expensive than in Europe.

But Thailand seems to be a COMMUNIST country with fixed prices and no price-competition at all, all shops charge same standard price.

luckily I still travel to my European home country once or twice per yer, where I can get all those Gadgets at reasonable rates and not pay over the top as I would have to in Thailand (as well as Malaysia, SG, Indonesia......)

Edited by siam2007

You mad?

But Thailand seems to be a COMMUNIST country with fixed prices and no price-competition at all, all shops charge same standard price.

luckily I still travel to my European home country once or twice per yer, where I can get all those Gadgets at reasonable rates and not pay over the top as I would have to in Thailand (as well as Malaysia, SG, Indonesia......)

Actually most mobile phones here are similar or cheaper priced than in Europe.

But it is true, there is a monopoly which imposes fixed prices almost everywhere.

You can get some discounts in trash shops as in MBK, but then often these are returned wares or grey imports from Hongkong. I would not buy there to save 1000 Baht or so - warranty issues an dealers suddenly cannot speak English if you have problems.

I was quoted 21900 today in Tukcom Pattaya.

The shitty thing is that my HTC wildfire is very hard to sell, 2 shops said no thanks, Thais don't like HTC I was told, one shop will pay 4000 bath for it if I buy the Note.

I will check more options in 2012.

The phone I will admit is interesting and fun to play with and while I'm tempted to switch over because I love reading alot on my phone and the screen size is perfect for that but I really don't feel like changing over as specs wise there isn't much to change over to. I'm going to wait longer until either HTC, Samsung, etc do something better with battery life. On that note I want to see further about the Android 4.0 experience first to. Until then nothing interesting enough will move me from my HTC Desire HD.

I was quoted 21900 today in Tukcom Pattaya.

The shitty thing is that my HTC wildfire is very hard to sell, 2 shops said no thanks, Thais don't like HTC I was told, one shop will pay 4000 bath for it if I buy the Note.

I will check more options in 2012.

4000 sound good for a used Wildfire. I wouldn't pay that much.

The phone I will admit is interesting and fun to play with and while I'm tempted to switch over because I love reading alot on my phone and the screen size is perfect for that but I really don't feel like changing over as specs wise there isn't much to change over to. I'm going to wait longer until either HTC, Samsung, etc do something better with battery life. On that note I want to see further about the Android 4.0 experience first to. Until then nothing interesting enough will move me from my HTC Desire HD.

Keep a watch for any new announcements at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that starts around 10 January in Las Vegas. When Samsung introduced the Note a few months ago, they described it as a new "family" to their lineup. There may be more models coming.

Keep a watch for any new announcements at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) that starts around 10 January in Las Vegas. When Samsung introduced the Note a few months ago, they described it as a new "family" to their lineup. There may be more models coming.

MWC mobile world congress is where they should announce the galaxy s3 and the note 2 February 28 it starts

MWC mobile world congress is where they should announce the galaxy s3 and the note 2 February 28 it starts

Do you guys think its worth waiting for the 4.0 version compared to the 2.3 version on sale now? I don't know much about smart phones but the note got me interested again.

http://news.yahoo.com/ces-2012-preview-5-inch-samsung-galaxy-note-212410861.html

Do you guys think its worth waiting for the 4.0 version compared to the 2.3 version on sale now? I don't know much about smart phones but the note got me interested again.

http://news.yahoo.co...-212410861.html

Sure it is,only problem is that when version 4.0 is available it will probably worth waiting for 4.5 and after that 5.0 and then 5.3 and..................

Point is that technology changes so fast that waiting is the same as missing out.

[sure it is,only problem is that when version 4.0 is available it will probably worth waiting for 4.5 and after that 5.0 and then 5.3 and..................

Point is that technology changes so fast that waiting is the same as missing out.

OK thanks.

On below link they state that the "old" note will have updates available later this year, so if I understand this correct I can go buy one now and then later get the ice cream sandwich OS installed, am I correct?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5281/samsung-galaxy-note-gets-icsbased-cyanogenmod-9-build

[sure it is,only problem is that when version 4.0 is available it will probably worth waiting for 4.5 and after that 5.0 and then 5.3 and..................

OK thanks.

On below link they state that the "old" note will have updates available later this year, so if I understand this correct I can go buy one now and then later get the ice cream sandwich OS installed, am I correct?

http://www.anandtech...ogenmod-9-build

You are correct

OK just bought one for 21900 in tukcom pattaya with no warranty, that will cost 2000 bath more I was told. Got rid of my wildfire in the deal (4000 bath) and got to keep the 2gb mini sd card that was in the W.F.

First impression; its a big phone man, will take some time getting used to but I think OK in the long run, so much easier to tap messages and so on.

Screen is just awesome and navigation quite easy, so think I won't regret it.

The HTC W.F. was very hard to sell, I tried most phone shops in tukcom and big C North pattaya, I was offered 3000 in big C, cash money and walk away. Most shops said no thanks, not interested.

Now I just hope that the missing warranty don't come back and bite my arse, but never had any problems with mobile's before.