Samsung Galaxy Note Availablity In Thailand

thaimite

Does anybody know when the Samsung Galaxy note will be available in Thailand?

My last visit to the country was a week before the S2 was released, and this time I was intending to buy an S2, but I would also like to check out the Galaxy Note first if it is available.

Alhough the specs of the Note look good I am concerned about its size

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it's a future device I think it's difficult to say when it's going to be available.

But if you assume that Samsung is going to treat Thailand the same way it's been doing, then Thailand is going to be one of the first few countries in the world to get their phones first, along with Singapore, Malaysia, and the UK.

I'm waiting for the Nexus Prime. I fear that 5.3" is a bit too much for me.

As it's a future device I think it's difficult to say when it's going to be available.

But if you assume that Samsung is going to treat Thailand the same way it's been doing, then Thailand is going to be one of the first few countries in the world to get their phones first, along with Singapore, Malaysia, and the UK.

I'm waiting for the Nexus Prime. I fear that 5.3" is a bit too much for me.

The Nexus Prime is a nice device too.

The Note is due for release in the UK in Mid November, but I arrive in Thailand in Early November.

I am currently working in the Middle east where phones are horrendously expensive and I also do not want the local ROM hence I will only buy while in Thailand on leave.

It usually takes a few months to localize the product for the Thai market, and the local sub. needs to be willing to make that investment based on a forecasted demand from the channels. Given that they are on a roll with the SGS2 they may not want to erode that market with the Note? I guess I wouldn't expect a localized version until into Q1. There will always be grey-market models available. The SGS3 may announce in Q1 and be available in Q2.

I saw a guy on the BTS with one today, he was playing games.

It was big for a phone but bearable if you value screen size.

No idea where he got it or how much.

Edited by ttakata

I saw a guy on the BTS with one today, he was playing games.

It was big for a phone but bearable if you value screen size.

No idea where he got it or how much.

That was likely a Samsung Galaxy Player, more like an iTouch, so not a phone nor a Note.

Yep, I was tempted to buy one of those. 8,200 baht and the only difference is it has not phone/3G. I really don't understand how the phone/3G hardware can cost 10,000 baht. Hardware wise it's a great device, only thing is I really don't like Samsung's version of Android. Unfortunately there are no 3rd party/AOSP ROMS available for it yet. It's still new though, maybe it'll come.

The Google (Samsung) Nexus Prime sounds like a great phone. It will be very interesting to see if they will price this sub 20K like most other phones.

The Google (Samsung) Nexus Prime sounds like a great phone. It will be very interesting to see if they will price this sub 20K like most other phones.

Should be $199 with a two-year contract with Verizon. ;) And not much use here in Thailand.

Maybe if there is an AT&T version, or possibly a T-Mo model, you could use it here?

According to GSM arena review the note will ship with Android 2.3 (Ginerbread)

I have just read the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

No memory expansion. For me this kills what could be a lovely device.

When I arrive in a few weeks it will be either the S2, or the Note if available and not too large

Edited by thaimite

When I arrive in a few weeks it will be either the S2, or the Note if available and not too large

I agree. There's no good reason not to put an micro SD card slot on it. I'm hoping the Galaxy Note will get an OS upgrade, because I already have 2.3 on my Nexus One (which I still think is a fabulous phone BTW).

The Galaxy note has got the resolution of a decent LCD monitor :-)

I agree. There's no good reason not to put an micro SD card slot on it. I'm hoping the Galaxy Note will get an OS upgrade, because I already have 2.3 on my Nexus One (which I still think is a fabulous phone BTW).

Agreed. It lloks a loevely phone and a 1.4Ghz processor compared to the Galaxy Nexus 1.3GB, but until I get my hands on one and see what it feels like, I am still bending towards the S2. 5.3" is a hefty size and I have bad eyesight and need all the screen area I can get.

Agreed. It lloks a loevely phone and a 1.4Ghz processor compared to the Galaxy Nexus 1.2GB, but until I get my hands on one and see what it feels like, I am still bending towards the S2. 5.3" is a hefty size and I have bad eyesight and need all the screen area I can get.

Edited by thaimite

I have just read the Samsung Galaxy note release date in the Uk has been brought forward to the 1st November and the price cut to 495GBP +VAT.

So hopefully it will be available just after I reach Bangkok and I will not have to wade too long to find one.

Now if only it was a Dual Boot device I am sure people would be storming the shops to get one, and stocks would soon be drained..

All Galaxy SII's can be OV clocked to 1.6 (rooted with supported kernel), at least the international version (not sure about the ones America got), but they all run at 1.2 Ghz stock. Im almost positive there is no such thing as a 1.5Ghz SII model. Also, I doubt you will find the note this weekend, but there will be plenty of SII's

I am arriving at the weekend and hope to find either the Galaxy note or one of the faster 1.5Ghz Galaxy SII models?

All Galaxy SII's can be OV clocked to 1.6 (rooted with http://global.christianpost.cGalaxy S2 LTEsupported kernel), at least the international version (not sure about the ones America got), but they all run at 1.2 Ghz stock. Im almost positive there is no such thing as a 1.5Ghz SII model. Also, I doubt you will find the note this weekend, but there will be plenty of SII's

I am arriving at the weekend and hope to find either the Galaxy note or one of the faster 1.5Ghz Galaxy SII models?

I realise faster S2 models will be hard if not impossible to find but I was referring to something like the Galaxy S2 LTE which is a1.5Ghz model with a slightly larger screen released in Korea last September and now bound for the US.

Over-clocking is an option but not one I would want to do with a new phone.

As far as I can see from the web, the Note is available this weekend in many countries such as the UK and India, but cannot find out any dates for Thailand. I will be in Thailand for a few weeks, so maybe I will get lucky. I really like the look of th note, but am concerned about the overall size and weight.

edit

bad link

Edited by thaimite

I dont know where you plan on using the phone but Thailand has no LTE, the regular S2 has HSPA+ which theoretically gets 21.1 mbps but I have never come close to getting that speed on any network. Im using it right now on ATT in America and i never get more than 5mbps, and in Bangkok its much slower. LTE promises faster but have never used the network.

All Galaxy SII's can be OV clocked to 1.6 (rooted with http://global.christianpost.cGalaxy S2 LTEsupported kernel), at least the international version (not sure about the ones America got), but they all run at 1.2 Ghz stock. Im almost positive there is no such thing as a 1.5Ghz SII model. Also, I doubt you will find the note this weekend, but there will be plenty of SII's

I realise faster S2 models will be hard if not impossible to find but I was referring to something like the Galaxy S2 LTE which is a1.5Ghz model with a slightly larger screen released in Korea last September and now bound for the US.

Over-clocking is an option but not one I would want to do with a new phone.

As far as I can see from the web, the Note is available this weekend in many countries such as the UK and India, but cannot find out any dates for Thailand. I will be in Thailand for a few weeks, so maybe I will get lucky. I really like the look of th note, but am concerned about the overall size and weight.

edit

bad link

I dont know where you plan on using the phone but Thailand has no LTE, the regular S2 has HSPA+ which theoretically gets 21.1 mbps but I have never come close to getting that speed on any network. Im using it right now on ATT in America and i never get more than 5mbps, and in Bangkok its much slower. LTE promises faster but have never used the network.

I would like to buy this LTE Galaxy as well. Not to use in Thailand, but at home (and not because of the LTE). Since it came out in Korea, it there a chance to get it in Bangkok?

Where ist generally the best place to buy mobile phones in Bangkok? Is it really the MBK or the Pantip? Or does anyone of you know other good stores?

Is the MBK the place where they have the phones at first?

And what mobile websites do you rate the best for news about Thai mobile phones (doesn't matter if it is in thai or english or german)?

I'm here until the end of november and I'm interested in either the "nokia lumia 800", the "galaxy nexus" or the "motorola droid razr". But I couldn't find any thai releasedates of these phones.

thanks!