Seeds

MarkMayo

Hi I am looking to grow vegetables in pots during the colder months. Stuff like Brocolli, carrots, beans.

does anyone know where I could buy seeds. i am growing them for personal use and to take photos to put into books for the Thai kids I teach. It makes it more interesting if the photos I take are local. You would be amazed how fast the kids work it out. At my school we also have our rice fields where the kids get muddy planting rice once a year. More fun then any text book.

Thanks for any replies.

Kamtieng flower market, Global house, Small stand in Tesco Hang Dong...

Good luck! I think my soil is very poor, not much does well in it!

I have some butternut squash seeds if you want.

Also have a spaghetti squash, but yet to cut it

David

David

We grow the smaller cucumbers, they develop quite fast and very tasty. Also carrots, broccoli, small chilies, lemongrass and ginger, started as a novelty for my granddaughter but has now become a serious activity.

There's a stall in Warorot Market that sells veggie seeds in small packages. There are several plant and gardening related shops near the area on the ground floor where they have live fish and eels trying to slither out of the buckets.

Be sure to have the pots in full sun. That means a southern exposure.

Edited by NancyL

David

We grow the smaller cucumbers, they develop quite fast and very tasty. Also carrots, broccoli, small chilies, lemongrass and ginger, started as a novelty for my granddaughter but has now become a serious activity.

We have little problem with bugs and insects, our nanny suggested putting the vegetables close to: the chilie bush, the lemongrass and the ginger to stop / reduce the bugs, and it does seem to have worked.

David

We have little problem with bugs and insects, our nanny suggested putting the vegetables close to: the chilie bush, the lemongrass and the ginger to stop / reduce the bugs, and it does seem to have worked.

You have a smart Nanny :)

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Will head out Saturday and find some.

Lets hope the carrots fail as I am known to pull them out of the soil. Brush them off and eat them. Have made myself sick several times doing this. I also do not need a torch at night. Great for the eye sight the old carrot.