Actually, What Did Happen To The 'Pickle King'?

chaoyang

I tried to interject the subject in an ongoing thread and was rightfully ignored, so I thought I should do it the correct way and start a thread of my own.

What be came of the "Pickle King"? I met him only once, but noticed his obsessive posts for years. Last time I looked at soc.culture.thai he was still at it.

At one time he was making very serious, slanderous comments about the falafel lady, then got into a 10-year-long slanging match with some photographer. As I recall it got serious enough that the police were involved -- all about internet comments.

For those who may not have had the "pleasure" of knowing this guy, his products were at one time on sale in the supermarkets, other locales and from his house.

His behavior became legendary in the early days of the internet in Chang Mai.

• Like 1

As far as I can remember there was more than one pickle King in Chiang Mai.

Think they were actually Bob the pickle Kings.

There was the American Bob the pickle King from New York, that was back in the early to mid 90s and at the same time, the English Bob the pickle King.

Do not know what happened to them, they just seemed to fade away and disappeared off the scene.

For some reason they were all called Bob. I thought that the present Sausage King was originally, Bob the sausage King.

Edited by Beetlejuice

There was the American Bob the pickle King from New York, that was back in the early to mid 90s and at the same time, the English Bob the pickle King.

Do not know what happened to them, they just seemed to fade away and disappeared off the scene.

For some reason they were all called Bob. I thought that the present Sausage King was originally, Bob the sausage King.

The one I'm thinking of was in the mid-90s and was American.

I do not know about the 'Piclke' 'Bob's' but there was a great 'Sausage Bob' who supplied many bars and Rimping a few yeras ago. He also traded under the title 'Tower Bridge' if I remeber correctly. I would think therefore there must be two different 'Bob's', but then again 'Bob's your'e uncle' as Bob would say!

The one I'm thinking of was in the mid-90s and was American.

Yes, I remember him. A long time ago he once bought a freezer from me that I had up for sale. Tallish, thin guy.

I am wondering if he`s still alive because during the early 90s Bob must have been in his late 50s or early 60s in those days. I can remember he had a young child, think it was a boy?

He used to produce New York style pickles, and the English Bob the pickle King produced similar but English style of course.

Interestng that someone mentioned the Towerbridge meat products are made by Bob the Sausage King. So it now appears we have 2 Sausage Kings in Chiang mai. But I sure the Towerbridge guy is the original Sausage King. I remember he was around 20 odd years ago. Again even this Bob must be gettin on in years.

Very dill-igent report, thanks.

I would think therefore there must be two different 'Bob's', but then again 'Bob's your'e uncle' as Bob would say!

If you're Bob don't give my Bob the bob that your Bob owes my Bob, my Bob's gonna give your Bob a bob on your Bob's bob!

As my Grandmother oft used to say...... :rolleyes:

Yeah, the ' Pickle King' had a war with me on SCT for a few years. I was named 'Ajarn' then. We fought about his racist remarks about the Falafel Lady. I also had a tussle with the photog, who talked way too much crap about everything I though... Anyway the photog is here as a fisherman ;) He doesn't want to continue it here, and that makes me happy :)

The Pickle King, well I hope he got what he was always asking for.... A thrashin :D

I would think therefore there must be two different 'Bob's', but then again 'Bob's your'e uncle' as Bob would say!

If you're Bob don't give my Bob the bob that your Bob owes my Bob, my Bob's gonna give your Bob a bob on your Bob's bob!

As my Grandmother oft used to say...... :rolleyes:

As your Grandmother never said; should it now be 5 Pence (not new)

rather than 'Bob' a Job?

More seriously' is 'Susage Bob' AKA 'Tower Bridge' still around.

Yeah, the ' Pickle King' had a war with me on SCT for a few years. I was named 'Ajarn' then. We fought about his racist remarks about the Falafel Lady. .....

The Pickle King, well I hope he got what he was always asking for.... A thrashin :D

Not that SCT, and usenet as a whole, was not already in decline, but the Pickle King did cause SCT to die slightly prematurely and without any dignity when it actually had a little life to go. I hope he gets his just deserts somewhere and may they be as dilled as his personality. Although considering the terminal mundaneness of Thai Visa, even the withering final years of SCT compares favorably.

Yes, Sausage Bob is still around.

I'm not sure where he's working from now, but I understand that he can be found in the Big C food court (the original one on superhighway), chatting with some other guys, around noon on many days.

Edited by uptheos

Yes, Sausage Bob is still around.

I'm not sure where he's working from now, but I understand that he can be found in the Big C food court (the original one on superhighway), chatting with some other guys, around noon on many days.

Yup. American Bob the former self-styled "pickle king" is still alive, but nobody cares.......