Toilet Paper, To Flush Or Discard

thaifkrlim

almost chocked to death on my lunch, reading while eating...

here in our neck of the middle east, toilets are western, not the hole in floor thing that we had 30 years ago in some places; however, most older people were well trained to put toilet paper in waste bin since turkish ottoman plumbing still is used in jeruslaem and other areas, and sewage backs up. i personally wipe and flush;BUT,

since having been to thailand, and have a thai husband, have completely gotten used to the bumgun revolution; and ladies dont drip dry, even most thai girls here, and filipinas for that matter, carry TP with them, and use to dry up after the washing.. prevents a lot of flora/fauna issues for us girls if 'gunned' properly. especially for 'that time of the month', refreshing. makes me hate using regular toilets at work place...

am moving to farang pub of course; but years ago there was a zillion post thread with same subject matter... worth reading also for comedy hour..

bina

israel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saying that, if you stay at the marriot in bangkok, they DONT have bum guns ....................

Its a cheap hole anyway....Better off at the Peninsula. biggrin.gif

do they have bum guns?

more to the question, do Posh people even use them ?

saying that, if you stay at the marriot in bangkok, they DONT have bum guns ....................

Its a cheap hole anyway....Better off at the Peninsula. biggrin.gif

do they have bum guns?

more to the question, do Posh people even use them ?

Look here for your answer.

We do that because there are very few sewerage treatment plants in Thailand and even fewer that can breakdown the non-biodegradability tissue. personally I reckon Thai's are to be commended for separating the issues, no pun or play on words intended!

Thais, along with all other Asians don't use 'toilet paper' and neither do I. Extremely wasteful, unecological and unnecessary.

You ever noticed those hoses beside the bowels? Try using them.

Yet, your observations will also show that a greater percentage of Asian facilities are vacant of the convenient bum-gun [of any sort].

Water recepticals are more common [and your hand]......

Always used the ol bum gum in Asia and even here in the Middle East. It annoys me when I am back in England and we don't have them, makes perfect sense to me

If you have tried to use one in Northern Europe, then you know why we don't use them! When my parents visit, my dad always love the bum gun, so last year he bought one and installed back in Denmark. But as he told me, if you have ever gone to the bathroom on a -15c January morning, you will know why they are rare! If your toilet seat is 10c warm in the morning, the last thing you want is 3c high pressure tap water sprayed up your behind!

But in the climate here, they are pretty good! I always use it at home, but I think it's a bit disgusting at public toilets, so when I'm out, I stick to paper!

The only problem with public facilities is you almost have to strip naked to clean you ass, and there's no place to hang your shorts. Who wants to come out of a facilities with soaked pants.

Resolved simply, Ian. Wrap them around your head for the interim.;)

Why do you use toilet paper when there are perfectly fine bum guns available?

Because it is so much more difficult to put the bum gun in the pocket afterwards? :rolleyes:

Is that a bum-gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Only just seen this thread, who in their right mind would fold up toilet paper that is covered in shish and then put it in their pocket !!!

NON SEQUITOR!

Where do you get that "right mind" nonsense from? Try to keep it relevant to this forum, please

SC

EDIT: You're not from round these parts, are you?

Edited by StreetCowboy

The only problem with public facilities is you almost have to strip naked to clean you ass, and there's no place to hang your shorts. Who wants to come out of a facilities with soaked pants.

Resolved simply, Ian. Wrap them around your head for the interim.;)

I applaud your inovation Z , that is a useful tecnique that can also keep your head warm when in the colder climates .