Toilet Paper, To Flush Or Discard

thaifkrlim

I am just surprised JT hasn't come along and offered to do a poll on it. Spray? Wipe and bin or wipe and flush, none of the above?

Spray - then wipe & bin, surely? The small residue, if any, on the paper is easily wrapped inwards leaving no unpleasant sight or smell.

If nothing else this debate reminds me why a 'wai' is a much more hygenic greeting than a handshake.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone please enlighten me?

After one has sprayed the shit out of your ass (so to speak). How do you dry yourself before putting your clothes back on? Or do you just drip dry?.

You'll be dry in a couple of minutes, don't worry about it. :)

After one has sprayed the shit out of your ass (so to speak). How do you dry yourself before putting your clothes back on? Or do you just drip dry?.

It's all behind you. Move on. Can't change the past. Pun? Up to you!My wife accuses me of talking shit all the time on TV. First time I believe anything she has ever told me.

Edited by bunta71

Ever observed a Thai women after returning from their toilet duties? Do you find any such water marks on their clothing?

Secret Asian thing....B)

Its Asia...albeit the nicer part for most so the bum gun is number 1.

Number 2 is the left hand...just be sure to give it a real good wash afterwards.

Apparently some disgusting westerners have a revolting number 3 option......

You mean the one where the hand never touches the arse therefore cannot pass the sh*t onto anyone else, wonder how much sh*t there is left under fingernails when people have finished using method 2??

Food vendors Im sure would be extra careful eh???:whistling:

I wanna know who washes the bum guns after you have used it?

Well, you know the lever on the bum gun, it's not used for scraping the remains from your butt. It's used to open the valve inside the gun, so water can flow. So no need to wash the gun after proper use. :)

Edited by Semper

Number 2 is the left hand...just be sure to give it a real good wash afterwards.

You mean the one where the hand never touches the arse therefore cannot pass the sh*t onto anyone else, wonder how much sh*t there is left under fingernails when people have finished using method 2??

Use an open hand method. Are you suggesting a billion Indians all scratch their bum?

Washing is better -- simple as that. Helps prevent hemorrhoids.

Think a better diet would help more myself?

If you have ever had hemorrhoids I would think you might want to do every little bit to HELP prevent an occurrence.

Or you may prefer pedantry -- and a nasty backside.

Use an open hand method. Are you suggesting a billion Indians all scratch their bum?

Yeah India the hygene capital of the world?? whats deli belly again??? using yer hand sure does make sense eh??? mmmmmmm fancy an Inidan?

Interesting thread, of which I also have my own ideas, opinions, and preferences.

So I thought I'd do a little search, and found this.

http://www.inspectapedia.com/septic/Toilet_Tissue_Test.htm

Bathroom Tissue Lab Test: What Happens to Toilet Paper in the Septic Tank?

InspectAPedia® -

ShareThis

A simple test demonstrates toilet paper break down in the septic tank

Explanation of importance of septic tank settlement time

Does toilet tissue create a problem in the septic tank?

Recommendations for use of recycled-paper toilet tissue versus ultra-soft fluffy toilet paper brands address using recycled paper versus cutting down standing trees

Recommendations for use of biodegradable toilet paper

Why do you use toilet paper when there are perfectly fine bum guns available?

Paper is such a waste.

Bum-guns or bowls, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly afterward.

Yeah and who wash the bowls and the bum guns for the next person?? Disgusting thought, use toilet paper as bum guns and especially bowls do not thoroughly clean and that is just as disgusting a thought as someone using them in the futile effort to clean themselves exclusively with that..

That washing your hands thing is another topic entirely all by itself since there is so seldom anywhere to do it and then even more seldom any soap to do it with.. We carry our own and it's not convenient, but there are many times we need it too and I doubt, in fact know, that few other people do what we do :sick: ..

I feel I have discovered the REAL necessity of the bum gun though and it's due to the spicy Thai food and the need for cool rinsing on the way out since the senses are far too responsive..

A cool blast of water AFTER wiping is a welcome relief..

Edited by WarpSpeed

My local Lotus has no bum guns in their toilets and have only recently installed toilet paper dispensers in the cubicles.

Before that I had to use my one tissues.

and I flush them, if their dunnies clog up it's their own fault.

Yeah India the hygene capital of the world?? whats deli belly again??? using yer hand sure does make sense eh??? mmmmmmm fancy an Inidan?

Do you carry toilet paper around with you wherever you go?

Could be a reason why a lot of people are using packpacks.

After one has sprayed the shit out of your ass (so to speak).

".. out of your ass.."?

Perhaps some spray-gun lessons are in order.

Wallaby wrote that. Pay attention.

Sorry about that -- I'm old!

Not a problem! What was the question?

We do that because there are very few sewerage treatment plants in Thailand and even fewer that can breakdown the non-biodegradability tissue. personally I reckon Thai's are to be commended for separating the issues, no pun or play on words intended!

Thais, along with all other Asians don't use 'toilet paper' and neither do I. Extremely wasteful, unecological and unnecessary.

You ever noticed those hoses beside the bowels? Try using them.

saying that, if you stay at the marriot in bangkok, they DONT have bum guns ....................

Oh, well then. I'll be sure not to ever stay there ... Theu're quite possibly thinking the height of sophistication is to copy the Western model of flushing their customers' shit encrusted 'toilet paper' down into some water bearing facility which will then have to be re-digested through one of the thousands of effluent processors we have, but this country doesn't. You ever seen a Thai/Burmese drainage worker up to their necks in shit picking the 'toilet paper' out so as not to gum up the drainage system? Enjoy your dinner:D