What Tyres For A Wave?

rikki

Just got a Honda Wave 110 EFI.

How do people get on with the original IRC tyres?

What is the best replacement tyre for them? It has 17inch wheels

I dont care how long they last, but I want some tyres good for rain and dry roads

Up to 600baht each

Recommendations please

I have Michelin and they are good. The size is 2.75

Buy the ones which are one size larger than the normal back tire on your bike, FOR BOTH FRONT AND BACK TIRES!!

Do not let the tire shop put smaller tires on the front than the back.

Repeat to them, Only Michelin, and look at the tires while they are being installed.

Someone here might know where to buy Michelin Pilot Sporty tires. I hear they are available somewhere in Naklua, but do not know where.

I use IRC NR58 on my Honda Dream.

Good grip. Good in the wet. Certainly more grip than the crappy stock tyres on my CBR150.

The last rear NR58 I bought was THB 570 with a new inner tube and fitting.

They are available in the correct sizes for your Wave.

I get about 10,000 km from a rear changing when they get to about 2mm tread minimum. Fronts last about 13K.

"2.75" does not define a tire size.

"One size larger" is also fairly meaningless. Tires have different aspect ratios & crown heights.

You recommend subbing out the manufacturers' recommended front tire size ...

What are your credentials for making this bold assertion? Is it that "you have Michelin" and "they are good"?

Buy the ones which are one size larger than the normal back tire on your bike, FOR BOTH FRONT AND BACK TIRES!!

Repeat to them, Only Michelin, and look at the tires while they are being installed.

Someone here might know where to buy Michelin Pilot Sporty tires. I hear they are available somewhere in Naklua, but do not know where.

Edited by Obb

"2.75" does not define a tire size.

"One size larger" is also fairly meaningless. Tires have different aspect ratios & crown heights.

You recommend subbing out the manufacturers' recommended front tire size ...

What are your credentials for making this bold assertion? Is it that "you have Michelin" and "they are good"?

So rather than bitching about what he said.. what's your advice then?

My implied advice for those bright enough to see it:

1) For the OP: Consider other sources of advice for your tire decision.

2) For (many, many) TV posters: If you know little about something, don't pretend otherwise ...

Obb

Edited by Obb

I had michelins on my last scooter(not sporty),I was told they were good, and I never had a problem.

But the sporty- was told they were good too, but I find the back slides too easily on my DTracker

I guess that increasing the width of the back tyre without doing the same on the front makes the front easier to wash out.

Though that was always a problem with the cbr150 iirc

I'll have a look at the irc nr58

Mr. Obb .. with a grand total of..... 20 posts!!!

I had my front tire slide out every week with IRC, and only every 5th week with the Michelin tires, so I think they are pretty dam_n good! :-)

Tire Size

Michelin M35

2.75 - 17 (17 is the Standard Wheel Size for Waves)

You are going to be very popular here with your Ph.D. in tire technology and no answer to the OP's question, and deriding others responses based on preferences.