Got Food Poinsoned

Wrong Turn

I went to a restaurant that I recently discovered. I've eaten there about 4 times. 40 hours ago I had a dinner there and about 45 minutes later felt the burns in my stomach and had a case of the runs for the last 40 hours, only eating 2 small cup 'o noodles because it has sodium and is light.

That's all I've eaten in 40 hours.

What should I do now?

Should I take immodium? Any other medication?

Drink certain things (7 up?)

Keep, *not* eating?

Thanks for any helpful advice.

Dehydration is the big problem. Go to a chemist and ask for electrolytes in powder form and an antibiotic which is specific for food poison, your chemist will know.

You are aware that food poisining bacteria can sit in your gut for several days before becoming active? this means its not necessarily the last place you ate.

Edited by zorro1

Dehydration is the big problem. Go to a chemist and ask for electrolytes in powder form and an antibiotic which is specific for food poison, your chemist will know.

You are aware that food poisining bacteria can sit in your gut for several days before becoming active? this means its not necessarily the last place you ate.

Jimmy the Mook, thanks for the BRAT diet.

zorro1, Yes, I'm dehydrated. I'll go to the pharmacists now and get electrolytes and an anti-biotic and report back what they give me.

Anything else?

Update

Thanks again for the info.

I bought ORS (Oral Rehydration Salts) and am drinking it now with water.

I asked for "anti-biotics for food poinsoning" and she knew no English, and gave me a box of pills. Because I'm allergic to Penicilillin/Amoxy

and I couldn't tell what they pills were I did not buy them.

I also ate chicken noodle soup (at a semi Asia-semi Western) restaurant. I ate about 45 minutes ago, and I feel OK for now.

I may be over this. (Keeping my fingers crossed.)

Rehydrate powder and as much water you can get down your neck.

Charcoal tablets....take 4 immediately and then 2 every 4 hours or so for a period of 24 hours...if this doesnt clear it, then you go to antiboitics, but in your case you appear to be allergic, so do not take ANY antiboitics except under a doctors supervision.

If you are not cleared up in a few days, you really need to go to hosptial

Immodium is not good for you

Thanks for the reply, Soutpeel.

Fortunately, I've turned the corner for the better. It really hit me hard as I had achy bones and all. I'm over it now (I'm pretty sure.)

Thanks for the info and the replies, folks. I appreciate it.