Riding In The Rain

arnoldjr

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Love riding in the rain as long as I can see.Last month got caught in no less than 10 times in heavy downpours. Only thing that sucks is wet feet, everything else dries pretty quick in the wind. :)

i have no choice,when going back home it is raining i have to go,i am using factory tires of Honda CBR 150,it is not good at all during the rain,especially on the white lines.i need to change at least rear tire.what you can sugesst and where i can change it.cause my local dealer doesn't have anything only motorbikes. and i falt down in parking of my appartment there were water, there is very flat and i can not even start riding there.crazy sitaution.

Sure I do. Everyone must, if only to get home from time to time.

But I will intentionally set out in rain if it's not heavy, with rain gear. But for local drives only, and depending on mood. Weekends with it raining and likelihood of more = no.

riding on tghe white lines are always dangerous, rain or n ot... They are slippery!!!

Riding in the rain is peaceful... I often choose my bike when i go to my girlfriend, even when it rains!! No matter how hard it comes down!!! That said, on the highways it gets a bit hairy as some cars dont care to much about bikers...

as already mentioned it depends on a few things

type of road - general condition

how busy - other road users driving potential to rear end you

how heavy the rain is

visability both from me and to me

if all the above is reasonable then I may take the risk, getting wet doesn't bother me.

no problems about riding in the rain, got very wet last night riding home from Silom, stopping at the traffic lights at the Rama 4 / Asok Montri intersection underneath the flyover, when it really pours the rain can disperse from the overhead quick enough and when the traffic is moving it all slops over the side, right by the motorcycles sitting at the lights!

Sure, why not? Many hours in the rain, both cold and warm. I avoid it if I can, but don't let it stop me. Christ, I used to live in Alaska where you either ignore the weather and go about your business or hibernate. Never was much of a hibernater. I always keep a rain suit on board. \Sometimes I use it and sometimes I don't.

Again coming from England it doesn't bother me at all.

back home i was taking my ZX6R to work instead of my car, i just can't handle congestion.

I'd rather spend 30 mins more in bed and travel to work in waterproofs than wake up early to sit in tail backs.

Doing so used to give me a reason not to talk to my girlfriend at the weekends as all my spare time would be spent cleaning the bike :D

Rain, hail or shine!

I will rarely change my plans because of rain.

Sometimes tempted to take the car if it's raining in the morning, then I think about the fact that the traffic will be even worse, and jump on the bike or work from home till it clears.

Cheers.

I see many saying it doesnt bother them ?

Riding in heavy rain is just stupid, Many drivers not slowing down, Many cant see due to the average wiper will not keeping the heavy rain off a window, Large and deep pools of water on the main roads with people hitting them at a 100KLM/H coming the oppsite direction. Your vision is poor at best and you can move at a snails pace.

Riding in Thailands heavy rains has nothing to do with riding in the rain back home.

Riding in heavy rain is just stupid, Many drivers not slowing down, Many cant see due to the average wiper will not keeping the heavy rain off a window, Large and deep pools of water on the main roads with people hitting them at a 100KLM/H coming the oppsite direction. Your vision is poor at best and you can move at a snails pace.

Riding in Thailands heavy rains has nothing to do with riding in the rain back home.

I don't ride in the rain out of choice, unless of course i get caught in it.

I too have ridden in England in the wet on many occassions, so now i can choose not to, after all, riding my bike is a pleasure, but riding in the rain/wet is not!

Ride safe

Chris

I don't ride in the rain out of choice, unless of course i get caught in it.

I too have ridden in England in the wet on many occassions, so now i can choose not to, after all, riding my bike is a pleasure, but riding in the rain/wet is not!

Ride safe

Chris

Totally agree - if caught in real heavy stuff I just get on with it, hope the cars can see me and the puddles aren't hiding massive holes in the road.

If it's real heavy before I leave and looks like it's gonna last a while - I reluctantly take the car. I can't ride how I want to ride in heavy rain.

Years ago I rode from Ranong to Samut Prakan in a day in pouring rain all the way. Waterproofs failed after a bit, but was able to cruise at 120 on a 150 Phantom in the outside lane as all the pick-ups slowed right down or pulled over. I thought to meself, what's the point of 'em having those big 4x4s..?

Rain just cleans your bike...

Years ago I rode from Ranong to Samut Prakan in a day in pouring rain all the way. Waterproofs failed after a bit, but was able to cruise at 120 on a 150 Phantom in the outside lane as all the pick-ups slowed right down or pulled over. I thought to meself, what's the point of 'em having those big 4x4s..?

Crusing at 120 on a Phantom? In rain? Ha ha ha :jap:

Prefer riding in rain to riding at night. The problems arise with the vehicle drivers who have no concept that they should slow down due to increased stopping distances and reduced visability................... winkers.

Really!?

Well how comes my bike looks like I've ridden through a swamp after I ride through rain?

Cos you just rode through a swamp?!

Nah, I found that rain and the city cleaned most of my bike (not the rims or undercarriage), but in BKK it had to be big rain, as the normal showers just took the crap form the air and cover my bike with it. But out in the country I know what you mean - my Steed got muddy and my feet got dirty, too (and I wasn't dirt-riding)!

Came back from Hua HIn last time under the rain.. It felt actually nice. Cruising around 100km/h, the weather was cool and the rain last all the way to Bangkok. I was wearing a waterproof shirt underneath my jacket, so only my pants, hands and boots were wet. I believe as long as your chest is dry, it is not horrible to ride under the rain, and you feel cold is your chest is wet.

I ride under the rain very often, and I don't like it much in the city, but on the long road it does not bother me much.

Ride careful folks