Riding In The Rain

arnoldjr

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Love riding in the rain as long as I can see.Last month got caught in no less than 10 times in heavy downpours. Only thing that sucks is wet feet, everything else dries pretty quick in the wind. :)

I always tie a couple of plastic bags around my feet; makes me look like a tool but it keeps my feet dry :D

Love riding in the rain as long as I can see.Last month got caught in no less than 10 times in heavy downpours. Only thing that sucks is wet feet, everything else dries pretty quick in the wind. :)

I always tie a couple of plastic bags around my feet; makes me look like a tool but it keeps my feet dry :D

I think i'll keep a couple 7-11 bags and rubber bands under the seat from now on !

Good god my shoes stink.

Sure I do. Everyone must, if only to get home from time to time.

But I will intentionally set out in rain if it's not heavy, with rain gear. But for local drives only, and depending on mood. Weekends with it raining and likelihood of more = no.

So ...... what kind of rain Gear ? and where did you buy it. I just started riding here a few months ago and the only rain gear I could find are the cheap plastic rain jackets, I found at big C. I got the largest "fit all" size and it's still too small and useless for me and I am not a big person. Any recommendations ? I live in Pattaya and tried a few dealers, they have nothing.

But I will intentionally set out in rain if it's not heavy, with rain gear. But for local drives only, and depending on mood. Weekends with it raining and likelihood of more = no.

So ...... what kind of rain Gear ? and where did you buy it. I just started riding here a few months ago and the only rain gear I could find are the cheap plastic rain jackets, I found at big C. I got the largest "fit all" size and it's still too small and useless for me and I am not a big person. Any recommendations ? I live in Pattaya and tried a few dealers, they have nothing.

look on Mocyc. com a company called 320. they have some decent rain gear for 800b. if your not to big then the XL will do. I'm fairly large so 2Xl.

Paulin.... I have a Goretex shell I brought from the USA and I put that on over my riding jacket on longer runs, or just wear the shell around town. Had to do a lot of rain riding in the past few months in CM and at least the top of me stayed dry. Put some diving anti-fog drops on your visor, both sides as well to keep it from fogging up.

And I agree that riding in the rain does not clean your bike! Just one short run and the slime coat takes over.

Who needs rain gear? I just waterproof all my gear, camera, phone, etc. and hit the road. Its warm enough here and you'll be dry 20 min after it stops raining, at any reasonable speed.

Did you ever have a smell at yourself after doing that? At least BKK rain is horrible and clothes smells like s**t after.

Who needs rain gear? I just waterproof all my gear, camera, phone, etc. and hit the road. Its warm enough here and you'll be dry 20 min after it stops raining, at any reasonable speed.

Did you ever have a smell at yourself after doing that? At least BKK rain is horrible and clothes smells like s**t after.

Did you ever smell yourself after riding in full gear anytime in Thailand? First thing I do after any ride is take a shower and put some clean clothes on. Not sure why you would walk around in what you rode in all day. But hey, whatever floats your boat. :bah:

we are lucky down in the south- the rain smells like freshly brewed mint tea... If you taste the rain it tastes like after eights...!!!

If I get wet, well then i get wet... If it smells, i just appologize and blame the rain... When i ride in the rai the final stop is usually a place where i have some dry clothes...

Same here- I occasionally put on rain gear, but usually it just makes me sweat like a pig which is worse than getting wet from rain IMO. It's pretty rare for rain to last more than 20 minutes here so usually, if you just power through it you'll find the sun on the other side. B)

Paulin.... I have a Goretex shell I brought from the USA and I put that on over my riding jacket on longer runs, or just wear the shell around town. Had to do a lot of rain riding in the past few months in CM and at least the top of me stayed dry. Put some diving anti-fog drops on your visor, both sides as well to keep it from fogging up.

And I agree that riding in the rain does not clean your bike! Just one short run and the slime coat takes over.

ok, Thanks for the info. Seems the Bic C plastic, made in China, rain coat is the favorite of the Thai's. I'll have to keep looking for some better stuff or wait until my next trip to the States to get some quality stuff.

Edited by paulian

look on Mocyc. com a company called 320. they have some decent rain gear for 800b. if your not to big then the XL will do. I'm fairly large so 2Xl.

Thanks for the info, good sight !

Sure if I have a choice I won't ride in the rain, but I'm often caught away from home so I keep a rainsuit in the scooter and just ride a little slower.

I have better than stock tires and feel no lack of traction so I ride about 80% as fast usual in the dry.

Of course its a NE135 scooter so I never go that fast in the dry anyway.

Only hidden potholes in the puddles are my concern riding in BKK.

Otherwise I welcome the reduced traffic and cooling rain.

Sometimes I don't wear my rain coat because the rain is washing away all the sweat from my regular mesh jacket.

I just ride with my visor half up since I'm not riding fast enough to warrant it all the way down.

As long as your groin remains dry, you'll completely dry out. Once your groin gets wet, it stays wet. This happened when I arrived in KL in 2008 for Sepang, much to the amusement of the hotel lobby guests as I was checking in.