Can Anybody Recommend A Good Hotel?

ExpatOilWorker

I have always stayed at one of the larger hotels (Royal Place and Royal Twins) just across second road from The Royal Plaza Shopping Center, but over the years these hotels are more and more run down and the staff is really not that friendly.

Can anybody recommend a reasonable hotel in the +/-1,000 baht range within walking distance from Walking-Street? Basically anywhere south of The Central Department store.

Welcome Plaza on Second Road?

can second that. Its the third hotel next to where you mentioned. All 3 are identical inside except welcome as around half price 800bht low season, big balconies and ask for a 5-8th floor for some sea view.

Its old though but best value location/price

the dynasty in soi 13 has 1100bht rooms with wifi and not so run down

Edited by zorro1

The Grand Hotel, Soi 14 Walking Street. A hundred metres from Walking Street.

prices from 1168 Baht.

1300 Baht for Superior room + breakfast on one link I found.

Differing reviews about this place. Try googling it or look here >>>

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/grand_hotel_pattaya.html?type=1&site_id=1410012&url=http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/grand_hotel_pattaya.html&tag=4570550f-41c5-463a-8d64-90a0cc28f896&gclid=CPKt4JiI0qsCFaFLpgodmisLUA

there all dives they just want your money

Where would you recommend then for about 1000 THB a night ?

As another poster has mentioned, Agoda is very good; I have used it a lot recently in many countries. Plus it has a map facility that helps you pinpoint the location.

There are a load of hotels on Soi 13 Beach Rd arounf 1000 THB a night. You could arrive, walk down the Soi and take your pick.

Simon

Gents,

Thanks for the suggestions and to summarize here is what we got so far:

The Grand Hotel: Looks really nice, modern and clean. Amazing location. Will try it next time in town. (1,300 baht)

Pattaya Bay Resort: Looks nice and great location, will check it out. (1,000 baht)

Siam Guest House: Great location next to the Villa shopping complex. (500 baht)

Dynasty Inn: Will check it out, but the location might be a bit gay'ish. (1,280 baht)

Diamond Beach Hotel: Look a bit run down, but will check it out. (1,150 baht)

Welcome Plaza: Cheaper and even more run down than the Royal Palace hotel I am trying to get away from. (800 baht, but not even worth that!)