Transferring Ownership Of Jeep

cobby27

i bought a big willy jeep 3 years ago from a guy leaving thailand the same evening so i was unable to transfer ownership

the jeep broke down recently and i decided not to repair it but find a buyer instead which ive done

anybody idea how i can transfer ownership the jeep is registered in phuket i live in samui and the jeep doesnt run?

if the greenbooks in your name you can sign a power of attorney form from the land transport dept and let the buyer do all the transferring himself (if the car is still in the name of the guy who left thailand 3 years ago ,things might be a bit tricky because they may ask for copies of his visa ,passport ,exit stamps etc )

if you didnt bother transferring it when u bought it then technically its still not yours to sell but you may be able to bargain a deal with the staff there

(either you or the buyer may as well get it fixed now -the vehicle will have to be inspected at the department before any transfer can happen anyway )

Edited by wana

going by the book, you can not. sellers passport copy needs valid permit to stay to be able to sell/transfer.

go to a registration fixer, to have them sort the documents/registration. they may be able to for a fee.

jeep must be checked by certified test center or DLT, and must run and be roadworthy before transfer accepted