Second Hand Speaker Cables In Bangkok

CarlBkk

Hi guys, I'm stuck abroad for a while and importing my hi-fi from Thailand back to UK soon. I just wonder if Mr Balance (or anyone else) have any top notch speaker or interconnects for sale. He usually does..so has anyone been there recently? Prices are pretty reasonable for the cables he used to sell, despite the exchange rate.

I'm thinking along the lines of MIT, Siltech etc. Also wonder if he has any interesting speakers in: Sonus Fabers, Ushers, Martin Logans perhaps?

Any noseyness would be great :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Carl if you're back in the UK why not buy in the UK, I know a guy in Preston who makes excellent interconnects at very reasonable prices, PM me if you want further info. By the way, I was in piyanas the other day, amongst other things they had a 1m pair of XLR terminated interconnects... can't remember the brand but they were from the US... 66,000thb! I nearly fell on the floor!

Carl if you're back in the UK why not buy in the UK, I know a guy in Preston who makes excellent interconnects at very reasonable prices, PM me if you want further info. By the way, I was in piyanas the other day, amongst other things they had a 1m pair of XLR terminated interconnects... can't remember the brand but they were from the US... 66,000thb! I nearly fell on the floor!

66,000 baht is cheap compared to Nordost Odin 1 metre XLR interconnect. Its price is only $16,000 :huh:. The Nordost Valhalla 1 metre XLR interconnect is comparison cheap at only $4,500 :whistling:.

IMO the Nordost products are the most over-rated there are in the HiFi trade, but still a lot o people spend that kind of money. I actually find the Nordost cables and interconnect too brightly sounding for my taste and I do not think they sound good.

http://www.audiofederation.com/dealership/prices/nordost/index.htm

66,000 baht is cheap compared to Nordost Odin 1 metre XLR interconnect. Its price is only $16,000 :huh:. The Nordost Valhalla 1 metre XLR interconnect is comparison cheap at only $4,500 :whistling:.

IMO the Nordost products are the most over-rated there are in the HiFi trade, but still a lot o people spend that kind of money. I actually find the Nordost cables and interconnect too brightly sounding for my taste and I do not think they sound good.

http://www.audiofede...rdost/index.htm

Are there people today believing in monster cables?

I thought,that this fad is passe?

Apparently yes.

I have participated in a number of blind tests over the years and good quality cables make a difference, but they do not have to be very expensive to do that.

I think,that cables should be strong enough not to introduce audible clicks and they should not be expensive at all.If you have opportunity have a look inside of

speaker boxes - what is inside between components?and you can glance all earphones and headphones,somehow they were never offered with thick connecting wires.

there is a fad however - silver connectors between portable source and headphone amp. - more then a thou/pc sometime - and people buy.(custom made)

You can get good idea about this subject if you look on laboratory electronic measurement equipment and its accessories.However our ears can be more sensitive,

then apparatuses so I do not say that these fads are without merit.My ears? - not golden,rather silver.I have no illusion.But I like good staff and I tend to spend sometime.

Some audio enthusiasts call this urge - poison;and we have to hide new toy - so wife do not discover it(another one this? - you have six already!buy me diamond ring instead)

cheers!

http://www.audiofede...rdost/index.htm

Are there people today believing in monster cables?

I thought,that this fad is passe?

Maybe not in the brand Monster Cables but from one look at Audio Advisor's catalog (http://www.audioadvisor.com) one can tell that the general concept is still hot. At least half the pages in the each month's catalog are typically devoted to magic wires, each one with higher prices than the last and each one with a few words of flowery mumbo jumbo explaining why they are such a good value.

Edited by OriginalPoster