Laptop Will Not Turn On

craig

My two year old Toshiba has just developed the problem of not turning on. It is plugged in and has the battery on....When I push the start button three green lights come on but the fourth does not come on...and the screen is black. I Unplug it and take the battery out and push the button and it starts...what should I do? Any advise on this? Thanks in advance.

Since it starts without the battery I would suggest same is shagged, run it without (but beware of power failures) or get a new battery.

Amorn do a re-celling service at some branches which will likely be cheaper than a new battery.

Not very helpful, but I'd haul it over to Pantip Plaza or Fortune Town (distant second choice nowadays) and get one of the zillions of laptop battery suppliers to set you up with a new one. Then ask if they can fix the original.

Ask in the opposite order and you'll probably still be buying a new battery and just throwing away the original.

It sounds to me like the battery is shorted out, but I'm a 3 phase guy, not a battery power guy.

I had the same problem, all you need to do is take the battery out then put it back again. Check if it turns on now.

I'd say that you still have a problem, Buzzybee, namely appearing on forums like this and not reading the original posts before replying :rolleyes:

I had a similar problem on my Satellite Pro L450 but it was only occasional not every time. Spoke to the support company and they were aware of the problem and said Toshiba were working on a bios update. After several months the update never appeared and the machine was eventually replaced under warranty.

Not sure now but I think the problem was with version 1.20. Press the F2 key at switch on and check which version you have then check the Toshiba website, search your exact model number for a later version.

Edited by jayceebee

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for your advice...My wife took it into a shop...they said they fixed it...cleaned out the dust that encased the internal organs, repaired a damaged item? and gave back to me with a bill for 800 baht. It worked that evening. The next day the same problem. My wife took it back to the shop.

Later they called and said the computer itself is fine & that I created the problem by shutting off the machine every night and not just putting it to sleep.

I am now tenderly putting it to sleep.

Some other problems persist but I can at least use it.

Thanks all for your advice...My wife took it into a shop...they said they fixed it...cleaned out the dust that encased the internal organs, repaired a damaged item? and gave back to me with a bill for 800 baht. It worked that evening. The next day the same problem. My wife took it back to the shop.

Later they called and said the computer itself is fine & that I created the problem by shutting off the machine every night and not just putting it to sleep.

Well Really, What do you expect, if your going to turn off the computer every time you don't need it. Of all the craziest excuses! Was it a recognised tosh shop or just your local jim will fix it?

And now you have some other problems.:whistling:

Best take it to the tosh shop and let someone who know what they are doing solve the problem!

What a load of b*llocks.

I would avoid that shop in future.

Your Toshiba is just out of warranty. This is a built-in bug, one of many installed by all laptop manufacturers that are carefully set up to manifest within weeks of warranty expiration.

Go buy a new one and stop buggering about with obsolete 2 year-old crap. That's what Toshiba wants you to do.

As pointed out, they are speaking <deleted>. I usually leave laptops on for up to 5 weeks at a time and the only issues I have is premature HD failures.

Now you say 'other problems persist' so you are heading for a disaster if you keep nursing this piece of junk.

Invest in a new one!