True Internet Very Slow

Well, at my uncle's house in Nontaburi, I didn't get any Internet signals at all for two days. Must be the weather and the floods causing all that...

At my parent's house at Samut Prakan it's okay though...

Yeah it must be the floods. Makes me realise i need an extra satelite internetconnection for my business in case the mainline will be disrupted.

Yes I have noticed this over the past two weeks or so.

Not only that but I keep getting disconnected every 10 minutes or so.

Me too, the router loses the adsl signal twice each hour or so.

Where are you located?

Well, at my uncle's house in Nontaburi, I didn't get any Internet signals at all for two days. Must be the weather and the floods causing all that...

At my parent's house at Samut Prakan it's okay though...

Yeah it must be the floods. Makes me realise i need an extra satelite internetconnection for my business in case the mainline will be disrupted.

Yes I have noticed this over the past two weeks or so.

Not only that but I keep getting disconnected every 10 minutes or so.

Me too, the router loses the adsl signal twice each hour or so.

Where are you located?

There's an ongoing thread about this issue RIGHT HERE.

Note: The thread is in Thai, so have someone translate it for you. Those experiencing frequent disconnects or connection dropouts whilst using ZyXEL modem/router (supplied by True) are advised to call 1686. This problem has affected a large number of users in many areas. No one seems to know what's causing it... :( But interestingly, those using True ZyXEL devices seem to be having the most problems. BTW, I doubt flood waters have anything to do with it since the problem began in late September.

Indeed it is total mess - bandwidth is up and down like a yo-yo today here in Bangkok.

It has been going on for over week with no end in sight. To make matters worse, none of their proxies seem to be working either. I can't even load a 4 minute clip on YouTube without it buffering forever, let alone, download from file hosting sites.

To put it simply, the service has gone to sh!t. Time to switch providers me thinks.

Edited by Supernova

I am connected at normal speed to Bangkok server but no WWW bandwidth and can not even load speedtest.net - but local web sites appear to be fine.

Last Result:

Download Speed: 7160 kbps (895 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 506 kbps (63.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 35 ms

Sat Oct 08 2011 13:16:31 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

Indeed it is total mess - bandwidth is up and down like a yo-yo today here in Bangkok.

agreed. on cable 20/2 i get spikes from 0 to 20 on multi threaded download, it basically does not work at all.

on ADSL 8Mb connection it isnt much better.

here is a graph of the connections. the lower but more consistent is the dsl 8mb connection. the big spikes are the cable 20mb connection. either way, <deleted>, but cable is barely useable

post-111790-0-33560600-1318055862_thumb.

There's an ongoing thread about this issue RIGHT HERE.

Note: The thread is in Thai, so have someone translate it for you. Those experiencing frequent disconnects or connection dropouts whilst using ZyXEL modem/router (supplied by True) are advised to call 1686. This problem has affected a large number of users in many areas. No one seems to know what's causing it... :( But interestingly, those using True ZyXEL devices seem to be having the most problems. BTW, I doubt flood waters have anything to do with it since the problem began in late September.

I tried to call TRUE but their customer supportline seems to be disconnected, i constantly get a busy signal.

So i tried to open a webchat with them.... There is/are 87 people ahead of you. Please wait... LOL

An official announcement from True Online regarding ZyXEL issues I had posted earlier.

เรียนผู้ใช้บริการ

อัลตร้า ไฮสปีด อินเทอร์เน็ต จากทรูออนไลน์

ทรูออนไลน์ ขอเรียนให้ลูกค้าทุกท่านที่ประสบปัญหาการใช้งานผ่านเร้าเตอร์ไซเซล รุ่น P-660HW-T1 v2 (4port with WiFi 11g 54M) และ P-660w-T1v2 (1 port WiFi) ว่าทางทรูออนไลน์รับทราบปัญหาที่เกิดขึ้นตั้งแต่ต้น และได้ตรวจสอบสาเหตุร่วมกับทางไซเซลอย่างไม่ได้นิ่งนอนใจ ซึ่งในขณะนี้เราได้ตรวจพบสาเหตุและอยู่ในระหว่างการดำเนินการแก้ไขปัญหาดังกล่าว และเราคาดหมายว่าจะสามารถแก้ไขปัญหาได้ในเร็วๆ นี้

ทรูออนไลน์ขอแสดงความรับผิดชอบกับเหตุการณ์นี้โดยการเปลี่ยน เร้าเตอร์ไซเซล รุ่น P-660HW-T1 v2 (4port with WiFi 11g 54M) และ P-660w-T1v2 (1 port WiFi) เป็นเร้าท์เตอร์รุ่นอื่นๆ ที่รองรับการใช้งานให้แก่ลูกค้าทุกท่านที่ประสบปัญหาการไม่สามารถใช้งานได้

ช่องทางที่ลูกค้าสามารถติดต่อขอเปลี่ยนเร้าท์เตอร์ 2 รุ่นดังกล่าว ได้แก่ TrueOnline Care Center 1686, facebook ของ TrueOnline, True Care Chat และปุ่ม "ติดต่อเรา" บน www.trueonline.com เพียงแจ้งชื่อ หมายเลข ADSL และหมายเลขติดต่อกลับ ซึ่งทรูออนไลน์จะพยายามดำเนินการในลูกค้าทุกรายตามลำดับ

ท้ายสุดนี้ ทรูออนไลน์ต้องขออภัยในความไม่สะดวกที่เกิดขึ้น เราขอให้สัญญาว่าจะดูแลลูกค้าทุกท่านจนถึงที่สุด และจะแก้ปัญหานี้อย่างสุดความสามารถ เราจะแจ้งความคืบหน้าให้ท่านได้ทราบเป็นระยะจนกว่าปัญหานี้จะสิ้นสุดและขอขอบคุณสำหรับความไว้วางใจในบริการของเราด้วยดีเสมอมา

Ultra hi-speed Internet จากทรู ออนไลน์

Since there's no English version, here's a translated one :P

TrueOnline is aware of the problems customers have been experiencing with our ZyXEL products (P-660HW-T1 v2 (4port with WiFi 11g 54M) and P-660w-T1v2 (1 port WiFi)). We have been working closely with ZyXEL to resolve the issue.

TrueOnline takes full responsibility for what has happened and will be issuing new modem/routers to all customers who have had problems with the aforementioned devices.

Customers can apply for a replacement modem/router by contacting TrueOnline Care Center 1686, visiting our Facebook page, True Care Chat, or www.trueonline.com website. Please provide your name, ADSL phone number, and your contact details so that we may contact you.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited by Supernova

Thanks for the translation. I got hold on a TRUE customer rep. and my zyxel router is scheduled to be replaced by a Nlink 1 port wifi router early next week.

However, i don't understand why all Zyxel routers have "problems". The firmware has to be updated manually so there's no way all Zyxel routers are bricked. I think something bigger is going on and they are just trying to win some time by replacing a few routers.

Since there's no English version, here's a translated one :P

TrueOnline is aware of the problems customers have been experiencing with our ZyXEL products (P-660HW-T1 v2 (4port with WiFi 11g 54M) and P-660w-T1v2 (1 port WiFi)). We have been working closely with ZyXEL to resolve the issue.

TrueOnline takes full responsibility for what has happened and will be issuing new modem/routers to all customers who have had problems with the aforementioned devices.

Customers can apply for a replacement modem/router by contacting TrueOnline Care Center 1686, visiting our Facebook page, True Care Chat, or www.trueonline.com website. Please provide your name, ADSL phone number, and your contact details so that we may contact you.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Just call "Milton" True's expert of all things that are bad, may be bad, or are about to go bad.

Personally I think it's a ASN ghost getting back at a company who's only objective in life is to take your money with as little service as possible.

Wonder why I switched providers?

Good luck cause I'm sure it's a "water problem", yea sure it is!

I am not using that type of router (TP-Link) so does not explain the loss of international circuit bandwidth.

Yep, international bandwidth is almost non-existent. I can't connect to many sites outside Thailand, let alone Google.

BTW, I also use TP-LINK.

the notice is full of croc. Tested on 4 other modems/routers the problem is with True itself.

Past 2 days been a crawl in speeds , cant totally load pages.

Today its totally dead , disconnects every 1min

The bandwidth issues have been going on for quite some time now. However, past 2-3 days has been the worst I've seen it get. Haven't experienced any disconnects though.

BTW, things are starting to work again... I wonder how long it'll last. :rolleyes:

Ditto here... No Zyxel equipment in my house... But my True cable internet has been very bad the past few days...and getting bad the past few weeks.... Noticeably different from before....

It got to the point where I've switched over to my backup True DSL/HuaWei modem set-up, which seems to be running better and at least reasonably normal.

fine for 20mins and now back to square 1

Indeed. :angry:

Bandwidth comes and goes every few minutes. I've managed to "preload" some YouTube videos while I got the chance, gonna sit back and enjoy them now. Hopefully, things will be back up when I'm done watching these...

Hard to tell what to make of this... though the cable seems to be somewhat better tonight than earlier in the day....

Measured from about 6:45 to 7:15 pm today.

True Cable 10 Mbps no proxy, measured by DSL Reports L.A. server

post-58284-0-33372000-1318077366_thumb.j

post-58284-0-80531000-1318077365_thumb.j

True Cable 10 Mbps, True proxy, measured by SpeedTest.net L.A. server

post-58284-0-86837500-1318077367_thumb.j

post-58284-0-91525000-1318077366_thumb.j

True Cable 10 Mbps Witopia CA proxy, measured by DSL Reports L.A. server

post-58284-0-32212100-1318077368_thumb.j

post-58284-0-17731700-1318077370_thumb.j

True Cable 10 Mbps Witopia CA proxy, measured by SpeedTest.net L.A. server

post-58284-0-02102700-1318077369_thumb.j

post-58284-0-71210800-1318077369_thumb.j