Bangkok Area Is Sinking

wantan

Yesterday i had a great ride on my Boxer. I went up the north-east Bangkok area. I came across many flooded streets and noticed that the klongs and rice fields are filled up to absolute maximum level. Even On Nut Road starts sinking. So i guess the next days the whole area will be flooded. Does this mean my bike should stay in the garage the next weeks? What are your experiences in rain saison in Bangkok area and near around Bangkok? I don't like driving flooded streets.

driving on any road you cannot see is a disaster waiting to happen for a motorbike ..........saying that though i still do it when i have to

follow the motorbike taxis if you can ,they usually know their local route so well they know where every pothole is hidden and they can avoid every speedbump blindfolded :)

when it gets very deep ,cut down to walking speeds because if it tips over it might not start again for a few days

What do you mean by OnNut sinking, isn't the water just rising

Bangkok is also sinking several millimetres per year because its is built on a swamp area, like Venezia. If nothing is done, Bangkok has to abandoned within the next decades. So the country is thinking about a huge dam (like the Netherlands have done) - or moving the capital to another place...

Seems strange that you were afraid to ride it as indicated in the other topic HERE, and yesterday you had a great ride.

How convenient. :whistling:

actually it was me that said MY boxer 250 feels unsafe to drive ,wantan has managed to get his running somehow

mine is still in the tiger factory being fixed again............:whistling:

you should stop drinking chang krs1,it seems your Samong dong cant hack the pace at the best of times .........:rolleyes:

From any BMW motorCYCLE,you sit very high in the saddle and it's easy to see ahead and also over many cars.

driving on any road you cannot see is a disaster waiting to happen for a motorbike ..........saying that though i still do it when i have to

follow the motorbike taxis if you can ,they usually know their local route so well they know where every pothole is hidden and they can avoid every speedbump blindfolded :)

when it gets very deep ,cut down to walking speeds because if it tips over it might not start again for a few days

From any BMW motorCYCLE,you sit very high in the saddle and it's easy to see ahead and also over many cars.

how does driving a BMW motorCYCLE help you see a hole in a flooded road ? :unsure:

how does driving a BMW motorCYCLE help you see a hole in a flooded road ? :unsure:

My guess is that what he's TRYING to say is that most GS-style bikes you sit up quite tall which gives you a better view of what's ahead. Certainly not unique to BMW of course. Similar style bikes like the Triumph Tiger, KTM Adventure, Versys, Africa Twin, most dirt bikes, etc etc are just as tall but sitting up high still isn't going to help you spot potholes hidden by muddy brown flood water...

Edited by BigBikeBKK

My guess is that what he's TRYING to say is that most GS-style bikes you sit up quite tall which gives you a better view of what's ahead. Certainly not unique to BMW of course. Similar style bikes like the Triumph Tiger, KTM Adventure, Versys, Africa Twin, most dirt bikes, etc etc are just as tall but sitting up high still isn't going to help you spot potholes hidden by muddy brown flood water...

but this thread was about driving on flooded roads ..........not increased visibility over the top of cars because you drive an extra tall BMW motorCYCLE :)

Sure, if i am driving in my local area i have no problem. If the streets are flooded i take a taxi and leave my bike at home.

My thinking was more about making "longer" tours with my Boxer. I fear that i will not be able touring while the Bangkok area is flooded. I hope the water will soon go away. But the good thing is, the possibilities for doing watersports are incredible at the moment :)

Sure, if i am driving in my local area i have no problem. If the streets are flooded i take a taxi and leave my bike at home.

My thinking was more about making "longer" tours with my Boxer. I fear that i will not be able touring while the Bangkok area is flooded. I hope the water will soon go away. But the good thing is, the possibilities for doing watersports are incredible at the moment :)

you could always trade it in for a jetski :)

Wow, brilliant idea to go for a jetski! Shopping with jetski, if i had one i would try it. Or maybe i could modify my Nouvo into somthing like a James-Bond-Scooter-Jetski, that could switch its style by pressing a button :D

Seems strange that you were afraid to ride it as indicated in the other topic HERE, and yesterday you had a great ride.

actually it was me that said MY boxer 250 feels unsafe to drive ,wantan has managed to get his running somehow

you should stop drinking chang krs1,it seems your Samong dong cant hack the pace at the best of times .........:rolleyes:

Actually it was both of you HERE (post #14),doesn't matter though because your both the same person.

Chang is great.

Edited by KRS1

Actually it was both of you HERE (post #14),doesn't matter though because your both the same person.

Chang is great.

Chang is great stuff but thats beside the point ,youre Delusional so probably best to stop drinking althogether ......:whistling:

Just an offtopic help note: You could link to any post directly. E.g. using Firefox right click on the post number (e.g. #14) in the right upper corner of the post and copy the link address of the post. Much easier than for other members to follow your genius thoughts.

>> Chang is great.

MOUSE is better!

:thumbsup:

Two threads with guys having a dig at each other.laugh.gif You should join the "other" forum.whistling.gif

Yes, already thought about doing it together with KRS1 last night. How is it, "the other forum"? You seem to know more about it. :D

Two threads with guys having a dig at each other.laugh.gif You should join the "other" forum.whistling.gif

Wana-Wantan has already been permanently banned from the "other" forum... :redcard1:

Good riddance I say! :clap2:

BigBikeBkk, you are there too, at "other forum"? Now i wonder no more. Hope you and VocalNeal stay safe. Have fun :emot-kiss:

Is it media panic what is written in Bangkok Post about floods coming to Bangkok? OK, last years i noticed some flooded streets in my area for a few days. But this year some people already seem to stock foodstuff because they fear shortfalls in Bangkok. Should i go and fill up my bikes and petrol cans before the apocalypse is coming?

Hmmm, this flood things are difficult to estimate. At the moment everything still looks normal here in Prawet. :unsure:

Is it media panic what is written in Bangkok Post about floods coming to Bangkok? OK, last years i noticed some flooded streets in my area for a few days. But this year some people already seem to stock foodstuff because they fear shortfalls in Bangkok. Should i go and fill up my bikes and petrol cans before the apocalypse is coming?

Hmmm, this flood things are difficult to estimate. At the moment everything still looks normal here in Prawet. :unsure:

hopefully not this again ............

Nice video. I guess nowadays it wouldn't be so romantic.

Hm, seems as if if have to take my bikes out of the garage. But not for driving. Maybe i have to bring them upstairs into the house the next days. It was a bad idea to fill them up with benzine.