International School Bangkok

flakes

Hi

Thanks for sending the link...

From their website i understand this schools starts for students in the age 12-18..

My son is too young for that school he just 8 years..

Flakes

There's a British National Curriculum-based international programme in English at Satit Prasarnmit in Soi 23 but I think it's more than Bt250,000 a year.

Hi,

You could try Nantawan International School. It is located on the east side of Bangkok, but quite easy to access.

You can find the website at www.nantawan.ac.th.

It is actually a Trilingual school, the main language being English. The other languages are Chinese and Thai.

Thanks for your post..

But I not plan to have my son start to learn chinese..

i looking more for an european or american programe school..

My son speaks eng thai dutch..

I think a 4 th language will jsut confuse him at this stage..

Flakes.

Hello,

Well i checked their prices and its outraceous..

one year will cost like one million BHT,, reading their fee structure was already annoying for me the way it was set up..

I plan to pay like 250 K tops so i better i forget that one.

Flakes

I dont know what de school fee is now, but my children went to Ruam Rudee International school, and they loved the school

If you don't mind a bit of christian fundamentalism, there is Ramkhamhaeng Advent International School: http://www.rais.ac.th

Otherwise, the price range of 250-250K is the very low end of real international schools in Bangkok. There may be the odd one with school fees below 250,000 for elementary school students, but so far I haven't found one that I would consider for my kids. Stretch your budget to at least 300k, then you have choices.

hi, I have studies at various international school including, Ruamrudee 1993-1997ish, i looked at their fee and it's annoying as well... all those service and other nonsense fees.

I have been to quite a few int schools in Hong Kong and local public schools in EU as a student.

I'll be honest, it's all the same... higher the fee doesnt guarantee better education...

whatever... education??? Most of the teachers level is all like the same i suppose.

Someone stated they liked RIS? prolly their friends?

Yes,

that school seems to be interested in making money like alot of those schools in Thailand are anyways.

yes me too figured out that basicly there is not to much difference in international schools in thailand.There will be expensive int schools that are weak and there will be affordable int schools in thailand that are weak,

For me important to find an affordable int school following the Brittisch or the American curriculum with a nice atmospheer for children.

but that combination seem hard to find...

hi, I have studies at various international school including, Ruamrudee 1993-1997ish, i looked at their olfee and it's annoying as well... all those service and other nonsense fees.

I have been to quite a few int schools in Hong Kong and local public schools in EU as a student.

I'll be honest, it's all the same... higher the fee doesnt guarantee better education...

whatever... education??? Most of the teachers level is all like the same i suppose.

Someone stated they liked RIS? prolly their friends?

Agree with the first statement but not the second.

A child's education all comes down to the teacher in the classroom; a kid going to a poorly run school with a great teacher in the classroom will get a good education and a poor teacher in a great school with every resource at hand will probably not learn much.

In Thailand int. schools there are good and bad teachers just like anywhere. These days you are hard pressed to find a teacher at a proper int. school who is not qualified, tightened WP enforcement over the years had helped this, so the level of qualification is there, but qualifications themselves don't make a great teacher. That requires a love for the profession, professionalism, dedication, creativity etc.

There are plenty of teachers working in Bkk who have these qualities.

Yes i checked that school and yeah seems like a nice place...

However sofar their classes only run till year 3....thats till 8 years..

They might consider adding another year 4 in 2012...

If they make that school till 12 years then that school would be my first choice.

Flakes

Australian International School on Suk Soi 20.

Plan on sending my kids there. About the price range you mention. Small and friendly and quite a few of our friends send their kids there.

Hi Flakes,I have Pm'd you my recommendation, as it does fit with most of your critieria. I dont work for the school, do have a child there and can honestly say this has been a great experience for my son and his education. For the first time in an international school, they care more for my child then they do my dollar, that I have to say is refreshing.It is a little far out on Ramintra 34, but we find it is worth the travel time.thanks

Yes i checked that school and yeah seems like a nice place...

However sofar their classes only run till year 3....thats till 8 years..

They might consider adding another year 4 in 2012...

If they make that school till 12 years then that school would be my first choice.

Flakes

Australian International School on Suk Soi 20.

Plan on sending my kids there. About the price range you mention. Small and friendly and quite a few of our friends send their kids there.

They plan on adding a year level each year as far as I know...so your child will be surfing the wave so to speak.

Friends speak highly of it...

I should maybe resurrect an old thread I had giving advice to parents about the '2nd tier international schools' and how to shop for them- and link here- but a quickie for now:

the quality of teachers at a school depends directly on how much THEY are paid, not how much you are paying the school. Make sure you check that out and that they're getting at least 80-100K a month to start. If not, you'd be just as well off in the better Thai public schools.

I should maybe resurrect an old thread I had giving advice to parents about the '2nd tier international schools' and how to shop for them- and link here- but a quickie for now:

the quality of teachers at a school depends directly on how much THEY are paid, not how much you are paying the school. Make sure you check that out and that they're getting at least 80-100K a month to start. If not, you'd be just as well off in the better Thai public schools.

I know plenty of teachers at top rank int. schools who worked at a less prestigious school for less pay before they moved up. I don't think its fair to say that they gave less of themselves when they were paid less. It seems insulting to think that they would do that.

I would even go so far as to say that the lowest of the low int. schools would offer a better education than a Thai public school, IMHO.

Hi Flakes,I have Pm'd you my recommendation, as it does fit with most of your critieria. I dont work for the school, do have a child there and can honestly say this has been a great experience for my son and his education. For the first time in an international school, they care more for my child then they do my dollar, that I have to say is refreshing.It is a little far out on Ramintra 34, but we find it is worth the travel time.thanks

K-PIS? Lovely name... See the signs for it a lot on the roads we drive.

Sofar my list

RC Int School

Srivikorn School

Rasami Int School

St Marks Int School

St georges

Keerapat Int School

Britisch Columbia Int School

Niva Int School

International Pioneer School

New sathorn Int school.

Australian Int problem is this school is actually for 1 till 7 years basicly my son too old this school, but i like their childfriendly concept

Here my list of schools for my 8 year old son that i plan to visit in Bangkok..

Something else that i need to avoid are extreme high enrollment fees which are money makers anyway.

I not intend paying high enrollment fees so if schools are not flexible with that they will be skipped of my list.

Once i select a school i then plan rent a child friendly apartment unit right in the surrounding of that school , just to avoid any traveling.

Flakes