Pondering Two Things Today.....

dingdongrb

First I took a tuktuk because my car was in the shop. While riding the tuktuk as usual I slump way down so i can get the best look I can at the surroundings and perhaps view more than I would normally get to see when I drive. But like all my other ventures in a tuktuk the freakin roof is so low and the seat sits so high it's difficult to get a good view. While don't they make the tuktuk roofs higher so one can see out?.......Hmmmmmmmm wink.gif

Then later when I get my car and while driving home I notice a farang driving a scooter behind me. I drive pretty fast and he was driving just as fast to keep up. I notice that he has a handkerchief folded triangularly over his mouth and is using it as a mask, I'm sure for the exhaust fumes one encounters while driving a scooter. But I notice he's wearing no helmet. Doesn't he know his cranium is more likely to be shattered all over the payment way before he catches any sort of lung disease? Makes you think he's been living in LOS too long and starting to turn into a Thai...... Hmmmmmmmmmm blink.gif

You know, Andy Rooney has retired from the U.S. TV show "60 Minutes". He used to do TV essays like this, all filmed from his office. Maybe you could apply for the job, supplying an Chiang Mai twist to the essays.

Kudos to the OP's post and to NancyL for her comment. It is these strange things that always amuse me in Thailand. Of course, I'm easily amused. It contrasts so much from things in North America that it is like a breath of fresh air. My 40 year old daughter is very rigid in her ways and when I tell her what goes on in Thailand she gets all upset. I just laugh and tell her that it is precisely that, that I love about Thailand.

Songteaws used to be really short because Thai people used to be really short. The new Songteaws have a higher roof and are much more comfortable.

Are they now big due to the influx on Pizza, KFC and McDonald's etc? biggrin.gif

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

IMO, it is because they eat a lot more meat in Thai dishes than they used to and drink more milk when young.

I can't recall seeing many kids drinking milk - but at the price of two meals I'm not surprised.

I can't remember if the girls in the bars were shorter back in the 80's either? rolleyes.gif

IMO, it is because they eat a lot more meat in Thai dishes than they used to and drink more milk when young.

I can't recall seeing many kids drinking milk - but at the price of two meals I'm not surprised.

I can't remember if the girls in the bars were shorter back in the 80's either? rolleyes.gif

Its easy to tell,,,,, think back..... do you remember seeing more of their eyes or the tops of their heads.

:whistling:

Its easy to tell,,,,, think back..... do you remember seeing more of their eyes or the tops of their heads.

Are you speaking horizontally or vertically? wink.gif

Are you speaking horizontally or vertically? wink.gif

Yes