Whats Going On With Ais

phazey

Anyone else getting an error message when trying to send an email to MMS capable phones ??

Been getting this the past 3 days:

[email protected]

to me

More options  9:33 am (1½ hours ago)

????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sorry for your inconvenience. The system is under renovation.

I cannot answer your specific question but AIS are, in my experience, extremely responsive via the phone, 1175 press 2 for English or via email, [email protected] . I always get timely and detailed answers to my quesitons via email, and over the phone, reps usually solve my problem in a minute or two.

Edited by lomatopo

Anyone else getting an error message when trying to send an email to MMS capable phones ??

[email protected]

to me

More options   9:33 am (1½ hours ago)

I cannot answer your specific question but AIS are, in my experience, extremely responsive via the phone, 1175 press 2 for English or via email, [email protected] . I always get timely and detailed answers to my quesitons via email, and over the phone, reps usually solve my problem in a minute or two.

*bump*

I've been able to try with two different AIs phones, and three different email addresses. Gmail gets the error, hotmail and yahoo get nothing back - with no message reaching the phone....

Could you possibly describe, in a bit more detail, what it is that you are trying to do?

It sounds as though you are tring to send an email from a PC-based application to an AIS or 1-2-Call mobile phone? Does that email have attachments, or is it text only? How are you addressing the email message? Is the target mobile phone capable of receiving MMS'es? Has the mobile phone been configured for MMS?

I am a 1-2-Call pre-paid customer. I have received MMS'es, but only from other mobile phones. I can send MMSes to an email address from my phone.

Have you contacted AIS?

[email protected]

to me

More options  9:33 am (1½ hours ago)

As of 9.30 am today I am still having problems here in CM.

Could you possibly describe, in a bit more detail, what it is that you are trying to do?

It sounds as though you are tring to send an email from a PC-based application to an AIS or 1-2-Call mobile phone? Does that email have attachments, or is it text only? How are you addressing the email message? Is the target mobile phone capable of receiving MMS'es? Has the mobile phone been configured for MMS?

I am a 1-2-Call pre-paid customer. I have received MMS'es, but only from other mobile phones. I can send MMSes to an email address from my phone.

Have you contacted AIS?

I send email and sometimes pictures (from my gmail account) to [email protected] - this is my wifes phone. I have been using the service for 2 or so years without any hiccup like this before.

My wife is able to email me from her phone without problems...

I cant contact AIs as i am outcountry - and trying to explain to the missus what to do will only complicate matters.

Still not working thismorning :o

I send email and sometimes pictures (from my gmail account) to [email protected] - this is my wifes phone. I have been using the service for 2 or so years without any hiccup like this before.

My wife is able to email me from her phone without problems...

I cant contact AIs as i am outcountry - and trying to explain to the missus what to do will only complicate matters.

Still not working thismorning :o

Well, I did not you could do this! When did it stop working for you? AIS/1-2-Call used offer a free web-based SMS service where you could go to the mobilelife website and initiate an SMS to an AIS/1-2-Call mobile phone. however this service was inactivated sometime in the last six months.

I just tried to send an email to my 1-2-Call pre-paid mobile phone, using the addressing scheme you mentioned. I got a reply from [email protected], that said "Sorry for the inconvenience. The system is under renovation". Note there were strange ascii characters too in the email, which are probably representative of Thai letters?

You can contact them via email (in English), even from outside the country, at [email protected]

They are, in my experience, extremely responsive and helpful. I was having difficulty accessing my voicemail from Germany recently. I sent an email and got a reply in 15 minutes with detailed instructions that allowed me to successfully access my voicemail. Drop them an email, and let us know what they say.

Note that you can use Yahoo! Messenger with Voice to send free SMS'es to 1-2-Call or DTAC pre-paid mobile phones. The SMS recipient can also reply (a local Thai number) to Yahoo! Messenger. I've verified this works and there is a longish thread here in this forum on that capability.

Edited by lomatopo

From AIS:

GSM Advance customer

Subject: MMS E-mailing

Thank you very much for your e-mail. It is our pleasure to serve and provide you the following information in order to fulfil your queries:

We would like to inform you that MMS E-mailing is under construction; therefore, an access to the service and sending result are not guaranteed. And the re-launch of the mentioned service still not schedule yet. Your understanding would be appreciated.

So......<deleted> does that mean ?

It's been in beta for years, and now they pull the plug ???

From AIS:

GSM Advance customer

Thank you very much for your e-mail. It is our pleasure to serve and provide you the following information in order to fulfil your queries:

We would like to inform you that MMS E-mailing is under construction; therefore, an access to the service and sending result are not guaranteed. And the re-launch of the mentioned service still not schedule yet. Your understanding would be appreciated.

This is very dissapointing.

The service was very reliable and I used it very regularly.

Obviously the incoming messages are processed free of charge but the outgoing MMS E-mailning messages from AIS mobiles use call time and bring in revenues.

Any idea if it is only temporary or.....

From AIS:

GSM Advance customer

[ramble]

I am not certain but I think one challenge in implementing such a system is recovering and/or generating incremental revenue. As the sender of the email you do not pay for sending the SMS (discounting the incremental cost of your computer, software, internet access and ISP fees). As a recipient of your SMS on my 1-2-Call pre-paid SIM/mobile phone I do not pay to receive your SMS. A veritable free-for-all! Of course it costs money to set-up and manage an e-mail/SMS gateway. And revenue is indeed generated when I reply to your message. And if competitors offer the same service then you might be forced to follow suit. Another thing to consider is that someone might have been flooding AIS/1-2-Call customers with SMSes snet via bulk emailers (gee, I wonder who would want to do such a -cough DTAC cough - Orange -cough thing?) so AIS shut it down. Personally I would be willing to pay (deduct the same fee used for me sending an SMS from my balance) for being able to receive SMS'es sent via email, if I had some control (password issued to friends/family?) over who could send me SMS'es via email.

[/ramble]

From AIS:

GSM Advance customer

[ramble]

I am not certain but I think one challenge in implementing such a system is recovering and/or generating incremental revenue. As the sender of the email you do not pay for sending the SMS (discounting the incremental cost of your computer, software, internet access and ISP fees). As a recipient of your SMS on my 1-2-Call pre-paid SIM/mobile phone I do not pay to receive your SMS. A veritable free-for-all! Of course it costs money to set-up and manage an e-mail/SMS gateway. And revenue is indeed generated when I reply to your message. And if competitors offer the same service then you might be forced to follow suit. Another thing to consider is that someone might have been flooding AIS/1-2-Call customers with SMSes snet via bulk emailers (gee, I wonder who would want to do such a -cough DTAC cough - Orange -cough thing?) so AIS shut it down. Personally I would be willing to pay (deduct the same fee used for me sending an SMS from my balance) for being able to receive SMS'es sent via email, if I had some control (password issued to friends/family?) over who could send me SMS'es via email.

[/ramble]

You are charged for receiving emails onto the phone as they require a GPRS connection to be made - and 1tbt per minute billing is applied.

You are charged for receiving emails onto the phone as they require a GPRS connection to be made - and 1tbt per minute billing is applied.

Sorry, I was referring to recieving just a plain, vanilla, non-email/GPRS SMS into my phone when sent via the email gateway. (I pay three baht to send an intra-Thailand SMS from my 1-2-Call pre-paid SIM/Phone.)