Thaksin Arrives In Turkey

Jai Dee

PRIME MINISTER THAKSIN SHINNAWAT ARRIVES IN TURKEY ON OFFICIAL VISIT

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinnawat has arrived in Turkey on his first official trip to the country to strengthen bilateral relations, especially boosting cooperation on economic issues, tourism, and security.

Prime Minister Thaksin and his delegation traveled from Nairobi, Kenya, to Esenboga airport in Angara, Turkey at 4.30 PM yesterday, welcomed by Turkish Commerce and Industry Minister and diplomats from the Thai embassy. The premier went to the Chamber of Commerce to have dinner with representatives from the private sector there. Prime Minister Thaksin will deliver a speech and listen to reports about Turkey’s industrial sector during the meeting.

Prime Minister Thaksin has gave an interview on this visit earlier, saying that the visit is aimed at boosting good relations between the two countries. He said that Turkey wants to study economic development from Thailand. He said that the two countries will cooperate on tourism industry. He said that Turkey will allow Thai private sector invest in hotel and restaurant business, and it will cooperate and exchange information with Thailand on security and anti-terrorism.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 11 November 2005

It must of been a heavy night last night. I thought the first paragraph read:

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinnawat has arrived in Turkey on his first official trip to the country to strengthen bilateral relations, especially boosting cooperation on economic issues, tourism, and security.

I'm obviously still recovering.

It must of been a heavy night last night. I thought the first paragraph read:

I'm obviously still recovering.

You must have had a bad night!!!! :o

I always thought Taksin was a Turkey.