Briton Arrested For 530,000 Baht Bank Robbery In Chiang Mai

george

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are there any details of how he robbed the bank? You gotta be pretty gutsy to do that as a foreigner in Thailand! Was he armed when he did it??

its amazing he got of a thai bank alive after robbing any cash ........even if it is relatively small compared to what might he might have stolen from a uk bank

These farang bank robbers are the strangest criminals here. I don't know how they expect to get away with such a high profile crime being a member of such a tiny minority group

the climate ,the sangsom and beeya chang ,the sex ,the perpettual holiday thing that happens to farangs in thailand must have got too much for him :rolleyes:

Or perhaps the PERCEPTION promulgated on expat forums such as these that they can get away with it. They can't.

Just had confirmation from very reliable sources, that they are indeed NOT the same person. The Samui character has been in jail & transported to Bangkok 2 weeks ago.

These farang bank robbers are the strangest criminals here. I don't know how they expect to get away with such a high profile crime being a member of such a tiny minority group

the climate ,the sangsom and beeya chang ,the sex ,the perpettual holiday thing that happens to farangs in thailand must have got too much for him :rolleyes:

Or perhaps the PERCEPTION promulgated on expat forums such as these that they can get away with it. They can't.

Promulgated, gad, wheres my dictionary. :ermm:

if its the same guy as people think it is ,he has been scamming for years

hes been stealing money from charities and stole a motorbike in koh samui ?

both pictures look like a differnt guy though ,the bank robber looks younger than the charity collection thief ...........

Promulgated, gad, wheres my dictionary. :ermm:

You never lived under a military rejime in Africa, where they rule mostly with promulgated decrees.

No knife or weapon used? No injuries?

He'll be free and deported within a year.

Enjoy your 20 years in the Hilton.

You do realize that Western murderers in Chiang Mai get sentenced to between 2 1/2 to 3 years for murder, right?

Edited by hehehoho

No knife or weapon used? No injuries?

He'll be free and deported within a year.

Enjoy your 20 years in the Hilton.

You do realize that Western murderers in Chiang Mai get sentenced to between 2 1/2 to 3 years for murder, right?

there was a post earlier that said a knife and a gun were both used ,its hard to imagine the thai security guard and staff

just handing over the cash if an empty handed farang just asked for it......... :rolleyes:

It has to be true if someone posted hearsay about it. :rolleyes:

Never heard of a snatch and grab? :huh:

The ways locals count out massive stacks of cash then put them into their handbags at banks here it's surprising it doesn't happen more.

i doubt a 64 year old man was faster than everyone at the bank and able to snatch so many piles of notes before somebody noticed and then escape on his trusty honda click :whistling:

if u helped him on your hi speed cb 250 r maybe he would have got away with it ...........;)

The ways locals count out massive stacks of cash then put them into their handbags at banks here it's surprising it doesn't happen more.

I think you mean smash and grab :lol: snatch and grab is what happens when you get a bird from Nana back to the room :D

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

Stop making excuses and putting the blame else where this guy is just CRIMINAL. People are just wired this way and doesn'r t matter the background or education.

Some fine Thai police investigation here. Maybe his disguise was shaving cream and it melted by the time he got to the teller.

I think you mean smash and grab :lol: snatch and grab is what happens when you get a bird from Nana back to the room :D

Beat me too it, no not the snatch. :cheesy:

A Brit born just a few years after the end of the second world war and named ludwig ? Poor sod never had a chance in life... :rolleyes:

Oh! I cant help but appreciate that comment :-)

But as posted earlier on, you may be surprised how light his sentence will actually be.. it's not drugs!

A Brit born just a few years after the end of the second world war and named ludwig ? Poor sod never had a chance in life... :rolleyes:

Oh! I cant help but appreciate that comment :-)

But as posted earlier on, you may be surprised how light his sentence will actually be.. it's not drugs!

Not that surprising when you know he was born in Hiltrup, Germany. Father probably with British Army of the Rhine

Its <deleted> IDIOT farang like this that are turning the thais feeling against all white foreigners. Just as it has happened in the US,UK,Germany,denmark, etc when "foreigners" commit major crimes. Drugs, muder, robberies. Thanks to blockheads like this guy, visas are are getting harder to obtain,more background checks, and more cost. Get this kind of scum back the which they came. Thailand was wide open and fun place for farang to be when I came here 25 years ago....There should be a farang court with farang expat jurists to decide the fate of J/offs like this guy. Why does it seem like there are so many english and swedes that are committing the crimes here...maybe just impartial reporting, i hope that is the case.

Another news item from 2010 about this gentleman:

Mr. Wynn's accomplice has yet to be identified, however, it is hoped that Mr. Wynn will be able to help police in bringing him to justice too.

How come the guy is still out and about in Chaing Mai after after an arrest in Samui a year ago? Looks like a Wynn Wynn situation for the Thai authorities!

Good one! The victims might have been asking (about his arrest): 'When Wynn?'.