Nakhon Sawan Flooded Today At 1015Am

nong38

Morning Fred, The river is its usual brown and going down but still a good flow, dont bother with bucket and spade, beach not yet available :lol:

Well I don't know where it's coming from the water and brown that is, as it's not from here. Water even less today and clear as a bell. There's an island in the Ping at K.P.Phet fare size normally now it's almost the size of the Isle of white, bit of an exaggeration but what do you expect from the T T A Of K.P.Phet.

What a bummer about the bucket and spade bit. Took them to Pattaya and couldn't use them there either, but that was because the beach there is crap well what's left of it. Hope thing's are improving there. Fred.

When going to Pattaya I find Bang Sarray much better, less crowded, clear seas and no riff raff B)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Fred, The river is its usual brown and going down but still a good flow, dont bother with bucket and spade, beach not yet available :lol:

Well I don't know where it's coming from the water and brown that is, as it's not from here. Water even less today and clear as a bell. There's an island in the Ping at K.P.Phet fare size normally now it's almost the size of the Isle of white, bit of an exaggeration but what do you expect from the T T A Of K.P.Phet.

What a bummer about the bucket and spade bit. Took them to Pattaya and couldn't use them there either, but that was because the beach there is crap well what's left of it. Hope thing's are improving there. Fred.

When going to Pattaya I find Bang Sarray much better, less crowded, clear seas and no riff raff B)

I make you right I lived there well on the outskirt's for over 7 year's until I managed to escape, Dug a tunnel. With a bit of luck they might make a film of it.

But this time my once a year trip was to see friend's that were staying at a 5* place so the daytime's where ok. Picture me and family giving it the big one enjoying all the FREE fresh fruit and drink's that they kept bringing round. Then it was back to reality the hotel hovel to fight our way through the pony tailed, tattooed, cretin's, that you have thoughtfully upgraded to Riff Raff. Of course they the 5* had their own private beach but they didn't take to kindly to me getting at it with my bucket & spade, I was stopped by a very nice attendant at about the 2mt level. Found out later that he only spotted me because of my white knotted hanky that was reflecting in the sun.

I make you right I lived there well on the outskirt's for over 7 year's until I managed to escape, Dug a tunnel. With a bit of luck they might make a film of it.

But this time my once a year trip was to see friend's that were staying at a 5* place so the daytime's where ok. Picture me and family giving it the big one enjoying all the FREE fresh fruit and drink's that they kept bringing round. Then it was back to reality the hotel hovel to fight our way through the pony tailed, tattooed, cretin's, that you have thoughtfully upgraded to Riff Raff. Of course they the 5* had their own private beach but they didn't take to kindly to me getting at it with my bucket & spade, I was stopped by a very nice attendant at about the 2mt level. Found out later that he only spotted me because of my white knotted hanky that was reflecting in the sun.

It might have been your tank top or cardy that gave you away or how high your trousers were rolled up! Where were trying to dig to? That mythical land of Thaksins Palace perhaps? The Nakhon Sawan Dust Bowl or the Wychwood Brewery?

THe DRagon Boats have now gone, last seen heading for Bngkok at a rate of knots, the fair ground and stalls were being packed away today, I have been in deep depression all day the g/f is going to have to take me out for beer, well thats what it says on the prescription :o

Edited by nong38

You can get through the Town over the Bridge and through the Town very easily going North, the Northbound is better than Southbound. When you return watch the Pot Holes , you can take the Right for Chinat, through to Suphanburi but no Big Rigs cant get through as yet, the roads collapsed in 2 places. Cars no Prob. Just done it.jap.gif.

Tank top cardy, give me some credit. If you must know I was wearing my camouflaged short's black trainer's long sock's matching of course + the afore mentioned knotted white hanky. It was a 5* hotel for Buddha sake so I tried to blend in. Don't know where I was trying to dig to but since my escape some year's ago give me a shovel and I'll dig for Blighty. It might be the Irish blood in me.

Hope you enjoyed your pint +++++ I had to fill my proscription last night as well, started with two Tiger's then went on to Sang/S and cold chocolate. Wont do that to often got a bit of a hang over this morning, must have been the chocolate.

T T A K.P.Phet

Edited by fredob43

Tank top cardy, give me some credit. If you must know I was wearing my camouflaged short's black trainer's long sock's matching of course + the afore mentioned knotted white hanky. It was a 5* hotel for Buddha sake so I tried to blend in. Don't know where I was trying to dig to but since my escape some year's ago give me a shovel and I'll dig for Blighty. It might be the Irish blood in me.

Hope you enjoyed your pint +++++ I had to fill my proscription last night as well, started with two Tiger's then went on to Sang/S and cold chocolate. Wont do that to often got a bit of a hang over this morning, must have been the chocolate.

T T A K.P.Phet

The SangSom and soda is OK but I am an Ovaltiney from way back and no morning hangs for me. Chocolate is baaaad for you.

Reports yesterday of some houses down by the river in Pak nam pho that water appeared to have got under the concrete plinth causing the houses shift to a leaning angle and roads being closed.

Good to share a beer with you today Bill, hope you got home ok and did not meet to many independent mototists :D

Reports yesterday of some houses down by the river in Pak nam pho that water appeared to have got under the concrete plinth causing the houses shift to a leaning angle and roads being closed.

Good to share a beer with you today Bill, hope you got home ok and did not meet to many independent mototists :D

About 3 pm this afternoon down at the Paholoythin junction where the route 1 crosses the 117 I became the T in the bone.

I was on my Honda Phantom and the lights turned green and at the other 3 roads the lights were red and traffic was stopped.

We all went forward from my junction but as the bike was lighter I got part way across when a pickup driven by an old lady with probably her sister and a grandson came from nowhere on my left side, drove straight through the red and turned right to go up to the main route 1. Unfortunately I was in the way and got T boned.

I tried to turn right out of the way with the throttle wide open and nearly made it.

Her front bumper hit my left rear footrest and crumpled it (which was where your left leg was an hour before Dave)crunched and broke off the rear crash bar, flattened the rear side pannier and I went flying and ended up a couple of metres from the bike on my back and my helmet took the force of the road at my head and my fat arse took the rest.

Fortunately the is a police box at that junction and they saw it happen. She stopped 20 metres up the road. I picked myself up, switched off the bike engine and stood the bike up.The left handlebar was bent downwards and the cop told me to move the bike just up the road out of the traffic and I started the bike and rode it the 30 or so metres.

I have a gash in my left shin, my right hand and foot hurt but there seems to be no real damage though I suspect tomorrow I will be mainlining pain killers like smarties.

I unbent the handle bars a bit and had to go to the police station in front of the immigration place as did the little old ladies.

I handed my licence to the cops and one took the rego number plus I showed him the photocopy of the green book and insurance as well so that was OK.

The cops asked me how much I wanted for the damage so I did a best guess as I have no idea of the prices but will learn more when I take the bike to my local Honda shop in the morning.

Some more of the old ladies family turned up who were pleasant and sort of helpful and there was another guy as well who may or may not have been part of the family wearing his teachers or civil servant uniform with a lot of medals and shouting the odds.

After a while I got pissed with him and told him to <deleted> off.

I phoned my wife who was talking about somebody coming down to get me and getting the bike fixed in NakWan but I asked to wait until we had sorted the money out or not.

In the end we did and I unbent the handlebar a bit more and rode home albeit slowly.

Just before I left the cop shop the old ladies family were outside and the gobby guy was blethering away full bore and nobody seemed happy with him.

My hand and foot still hurts as does my shin so I think I will pack in for the night and see how I feel tomorrow.

Note to self. Don't have any more free beers with Dave, it hurts too much.

I took some photos with my camera and will look at them in the morning too.

About 3 pm this afternoon down at the Paholoythin junction where the route 1 crosses the 117 I became the T in the bone.

I was on my Honda Phantom and the lights turned green and at the other 3 roads the lights were red and traffic was stopped.

We all went forward from my junction but as the bike was lighter I got part way across when a pickup driven by an old lady with probably her sister and a grandson came from nowhere on my left side, drove straight through the red and turned right to go up to the main route 1. Unfortunately I was in the way and got T boned.

I tried to turn right out of the way with the throttle wide open and nearly made it.

Her front bumper hit my left rear footrest and crumpled it (which was where your left leg was an hour before Dave)crunched and broke off the rear crash bar, flattened the rear side pannier and I went flying and ended up a couple of metres from the bike on my back and my helmet took the force of the road at my head and my fat arse took the rest.

Fortunately the is a police box at that junction and they saw it happen. She stopped 20 metres up the road. I picked myself up, switched off the bike engine and stood the bike up.The left handlebar was bent downwards and the cop told me to move the bike just up the road out of the traffic and I started the bike and rode it the 30 or so metres.

I have a gash in my left shin, my right hand and foot hurt but there seems to be no real damage though I suspect tomorrow I will be mainlining pain killers like smarties.

I unbent the handle bars a bit and had to go to the police station in front of the immigration place as did the little old ladies.

I handed my licence to the cops and one took the rego number plus I showed him the photocopy of the green book and insurance as well so that was OK.

The cops asked me how much I wanted for the damage so I did a best guess as I have no idea of the prices but will learn more when I take the bike to my local Honda shop in the morning.

Some more of the old ladies family turned up who were pleasant and sort of helpful and there was another guy as well who may or may not have been part of the family wearing his teachers or civil servant uniform with a lot of medals and shouting the odds.

I phoned my wife who was talking about somebody coming down to get me and getting the bike fixed in NakWan but I asked to wait until we had sorted the money out or not.

In the end we did and I unbent the handlebar a bit more and rode home albeit slowly.

Just before I left the cop shop the old ladies family were outside and the gobby guy was blethering away full bore and nobody seemed happy with him.

My hand and foot still hurts as does my shin so I think I will pack in for the night and see how I feel tomorrow.

Sorry to hear of your plight bill will give you a ring in the morning to see how you are. It's that N/S the old dear's cant see through the fog.

Sorry to hear of your plight bill will give you a ring in the morning to see how you are. It's that N/S the old dear's cant see through the fog.

Morning Bill, I expect you have some aches and pains right now, I hope the bike makes a good recovery too and the cash in hand is enough to pay for a bad day in Nakhon Sawan. Next time you come round for tea or coffee. I hope you make a quick recovery but at our age its a bit relative! Easy days ahead for you..

In the meantime I will see if I can get a sign put up "BEWARE OLD LADIES WITH WHITE STICKS RUNNING RED LIGHTS IN NAKHON SAWAN"

Thanks mate.

Actually I think that the accident happened because the guide dog had the white stick in its mouth and was also wearing the dark glasses and couldn't see the cars were stopped and the light was red.

The old ladies were nice really and they did have the politeness to apologise but it still hurts in places where I didn't think I even had places.

My vote is for the BiB who saw what happened in front of their eyes and there was nothing said about the farang being in the wrong. They were on my side all the way even explaining to my wife (on my phone) what had happened and what was going on.

As I said we settled on a figure and I went down to the Honda dealer this morning and they looked it over and totted up the list of Honda parts only and that came to about 5K. The other parts IF I can source them should come to another 5K so I will be a little bit down perhaps but not that much.

I have seen on Ebay a nice WW2 BMW bike and sidecar and it wouldn't take too long to put the machine gun mounts back on it, THEN we will see who comes off worst at the traffic lights. :rolleyes:

Edited by billd766

I had an interesting experience yesterday. cycling down the road and suddenly I see a Honda stopped right in the middle of the crossroads, hello hello I thought! As I went past he was on the blower, no indicators anything going, then I as I turned in front of him, he decided to go again no indicators. I stopped right in front of him and got off the bike and slowly walked to the side of the road to let him pass and as he went past I shouted tnuc!!:bah: Roads here are the wild west or is the east?

Was taken today to see the colapsed housing. They, there are more than one, is on the road where you walk along the prom by the riverside to the west of the BKK road bridge, the road has also colapsed nd is barely passable by motorcycle on the riverside, officially the road is closed for about 1/2 km.

Bill I hope you feel a bit better today, take it easy. takes time.

We had own run in with a local from the advanced independent driving acadamy today on the road to Big C, pick up just started to go left and tried to run us into the side of the road, they most shocked at the words I sprayed them with! If only they knew what else was in the vehicle ( I use this term very loosely, looked like no TLC or replacements since aquired) apart from the steering wheel and pedals on the floor!:bah:

Been into Fairyland today and although I dont read thai, where Tesco is there is a sign and on it it says 23rd so I guess thats when they are going to open, otherwise Fairyland is as normal. the floor tiles continue to be laid in Vitteethep and today is generally not to busy, so I expect everyone is looking forward to the King celebrating his birthday so lets hope its a good one, he is a good man, I will raise my glass to him tomorrow please feel fre to join me.

Been for a ride down the 122 NS by pass today and the junction with 3005 southbound has got worse, the ruts are awful and any low slung car is likely to get the bottom ripped off if they choose the wrong path, this is going to have to be closed to repair it. Coming back east on the 3005 there have been more signs of the road east colapsiing on the edge, be cautious if you are using these 2 roads.

Edited by nong38

• 2 weeks later...

I was on te 122 NS by pass today and I think I should warn you I was heading south and just before you reach the bridge over the river, the road becomes a dirt track for about 50ms, so everything going full tilt then emergency braking. Be warned, 20 kph is the most you want to do and if you have a low slunk machine, avoid this road!

I was on te 122 NS by pass today and I think I should warn you I was heading south and just before you reach the bridge over the river, the road becomes a dirt track for about 50ms, so everything going full tilt then emergency braking. Be warned, 20 kph is the most you want to do and if you have a low slunk machine, avoid this road!

Yes I know what you mean It's been like that since they re opened it I think 20kmp is over the top a crawl would be better.

• 2 weeks later...

Today in Fairyland Tesco has re opened, I expect as I speak that fleets of buses are leaving all corners of Thailand heading for Nakhon Sawan, what will they find!!!!!!!!! Well wider shopping isles but with inconvenient supporting pillars to block your way, not the cheapest prices in town and a complete relay of the shop, tour the shop to find what you want ( bring a packed lunch ).

Well there we are the floods seem a long way away now and life is just about back to normal here although there is still a lot of water in the lower lying land where it normally was not and pumping is still being done in some places.

Have a good Christmas to you all and lets hope we have a good new year as well, peaceful, lets hope so.

Edited by nong38

• 1 month later...

Sorry to have to go back to this but it seems that a dam up north has been opened and by all accounts emptied, The water level here in Nakhon Sawan today is well up whilst flooding is reported to the east and north of the city. It seems a sad reflection on whoever is thought to be in control of water release, for every action there is a re action, seems nothing much has been learnt and how far away is the 2012 rainy season?

Edited by nong38

Sorry to have to go back to this but it seems that a dam up north has been opened and by all accounts emptied, The water level here in Nakhon Sawan today is well up whilst flooding is reported to the east and north of the city. It seems a sad reflection on whoever is thought to be in control of water release, for every action there is a re action, seems nothing much has been learnt and how far away is the 2012 rainy season?

No ware near emptied still well over 80% full. It's going to go on for some time as they want to get it down to 45% by early May.

H/M.K.P.P.

No ware near emptied still well over 80% full. It's going to go on for some time as they want to get it down to 45% by early May.

H/M.K.P.P.

Just come back from the river Ping water a bit higher today in two day's you should to get yet more.

I see that Yingluck announced yesterday in her weekly address to the nation that from tomorrow water will 'Start' to be released from all the dams. What is meant by Start I don't know as the Tak dam has been letting it out big time for week's. By the way these plank's of wood are dealing with the problem I think we are in the sh/t big time.

H/M K.P.P.

Just come back from the river Ping water a bit higher today in two day's you should to get yet more.

I see that Yingluck announced yesterday in her weekly address to the nation that from tomorrow water will 'Start' to be released from all the dams. What is meant by Start I don't know as the Tak dam has been letting it out big time for week's. By the way these plank's of wood are dealing with the problem I think we are in the sh/t big time.

H/M K.P.P.

Well in Kan the Srinakarin Dam has been going mostly full pelt (out) for most of last year and this one also, but it was not full in October 2011, and no floods here.

Should you wish to visit some of the Dams that I have been to (just a click away)

http://www.pbase.com/win13/dams

Win