Which Visa

Hi all i need some help on which visa i should apply for, i am 52yrs , Australian, and will come to live with my GF , near Ban Knok, Non Udon, Suwannakhuha, Nong Bua Lamphu, i dont really want a retirement visa so what is the next step, i dont want to do visa runs either but if that is what i have to do well i will, so can anyone help with which is the best way to go for living in thailand, i thought about a study visa and learn how to speak thai, which i would do anyway.

cheers

scoop1

Edited by Scoop1

Tourist Visa (no commitment)

Non Immigrant O (other) Marriage

Non Immigrant OA retirement)

Non Immigrant B (work/investment)

Non Immigrant ED (education)

Main options above, marriage well we all know about that.

Retirement get the visa from the Consulate where you live then extend here.

Work have a job before coming.

Investment requires a lot of dosh (money)

Education visa requires a few hours per week learning something.

Remember a multi-entry means a border run every 90 days.

Arrive and get an extension of a Non Immigrant at Immigration in Thailand means no border runs.

Maybe I forgot something, sure others will add or give more information.

Tourist Visa (no commitment)

Non Immigrant O (other) Marriage

Non Immigrant OA retirement)

Non Immigrant B (work/investment)

Non Immigrant ED (education)

Main options above, marriage well we all know about that.

Retirement get the visa from the Consulate where you live then extend here.

Work have a job before coming.

Investment requires a lot of dosh (money)

Education visa requires a few hours per week learning something.

Remember a multi-entry means a border run every 90 days.

Arrive and get an extension of a Non Immigrant at Immigration in Thailand means no border runs.

Maybe I forgot something, sure others will add or give more information.

Tourist visa is only for 3 months is that right? and , Arrive and get an extension of a Non Immigrant at Immigration in Thailand means no border runs. how long does it last for? i am sorry i am a little confused

Tourist visa is valid for a certain length of time depending on how many entries you apply for.

If you receive a Non Immigrant Visa from the consulate in your own country, then before it expires you go to Immigration with the paper work (dependant on what the visa is based upon, marriage, retirement), and receive an extension.

Extensions granted in Thailand by Immigration are 1 year long (no border runs, just report every 90 days to your local Immigration office), some extension are given for 60 or 90 days to check on you, then after everything is okay the one year extension should be granted.

It doesnt matter what Visa you get, everyone has to do something at 90 day intervals, either report or border, there is no way out of that.

With a Retirement its quick easy and reporting can be done by Post it also doesnt rely on your relationship.

Study (ED Visa) requires 4 hrs per week attendance.

Edited by CharlieH

Tourist visa is valid for a certain length of time depending on how many entries you apply for.

If you receive a Non Immigrant Visa from the consulate in your own country, then before it expires you go to Immigration with the paper work (dependant on what the visa is based upon, marriage, retirement), and receive an extension.

Extensions granted in Thailand by Immigration are 1 year long (no border runs, just report every 90 days to your local Immigration office), some extension are given for 60 or 90 days to check on you, then after everything is okay the one year extension should be granted.

so i get non imm visa here in Australia [ how long does that last for ] and then before it expires i apply for an extension? then what happens

It doesnt matter what Visa you get, everyone has to do something at 90 day intervals, either report or border, there is no way out of that.

With a Retirement its quick easy and reporting can be done by Post it also doesnt rely on your relationship.

the retirement visa seems like a lot of information has to be supplied to them , bank acc, and income statements, thats what i was trying to avoid , but as you say its easy, how easy?

If a single entry from Australia then 30 days.

Before it expires you go to Immigration, you then will get an extension (if you have the correct paperwork), this means you no longer have to leave Thailand, just go to your local office and fill out a form every 90days. And then before your extension runs out you renew it at Immigration again, and keep doing this every year.

If you have a multiple entry visa you have to go to the border, leave Thailand, enter another country, then come back into Thailand, this means more expenditure.

If you are on an extension and you wish to leave Thailand, you go to Immigration and buy a re-entry permit, this allows you to leave and come back, keeping your extension valid. If you do not have a re-entry permit and leave, your Non Immigrant extension is no longer valid, and you have to start the whole process again.

the retirement visa seems like a lot of information has to be supplied to them , bank acc, and income statements, thats what i was trying to avoid , but as you say its easy, how easy?

If you have the correct paperwork it can be approved then and there. If you were married and asking for an extension then everything is sent to Bangkok for approval, so more waiting.

All you really need is a letter from your Embassy confirming your income (pensions) and a few other things for an extension at Immigration. To get the original visa read the requirements from your nearest Embassy/Consulate.

If you have the correct paperwork it can be approved then and there. If you were married and asking for an extension then everything is sent to Bangkok for approval, so more waiting.

All you really need is a letter from your Embassy confirming your income (pensions) and a few other things for an extension at Immigration. To get the original visa read the requirements from your nearest Embassy/Consulate.

what if i apply for a non imm visa, and then get an extension for 1 year, what paper work will i need/ sorry to seem so dumb but i just want to get it right, if i get a retirement visa i then cant work, which may be an issue

cheers

Scoop1

Edited by Scoop1

a 1 year extension based on retirement requires:1. 800,000 baht in a bank account in Thailand for at least 2 monthsOR2. an income of 65,000 a month (can be from abroad, in which case you need a letter from your embassy confirming your income)OR3. a combination of money in the bank and yearly income, together totaling at least 800,000.Further you might need proof of address and a letter from your bank confirming the money in your bak and an updated bank book.If you ever want to work, you would need to get a non-B visa from a neighbouring country.

Thank you for answering these qestions. I have had some of the same questions. I want to move to Thailand with my husband but I do not want to get a retirement visa. My family has a job for me there so I wasn't sure which was the best thing to do. Thanks for the info.

Neal