My Kingdom For A Cobbler.

up2you2

In the land of flip flops I'm really wondering if there can so much a genuine professional cobbler on this island.

I'm not talking heel bars here, but someone who really knows what they are doing, professional and takes pride in their work.

For good repairs I always went to a cobbler who had a shop in Phuket Town on a one way soi from Phang Nga to Ratsada Rd. It is many years since I have been there so not sure if he is still there. I have had my work boots repaired by him which needed to be a good job as I was working on offshore drilling rigs at the time.

I have size 15 feet, so I am always using the services of the guy under the pedestrian footbridge at the access road to Rajabaht University. Most highly recommended. The couple near Tops daily in Samkong also do a good job and are reasonably priced.

I have now had 3 pairs of shoes made at Friendship Leather on Sawatdirak Rd, Patong. I recently took 2 pairs back to be re-heeled and a new rubber sole protector put on over the leather soles and am very pleased with their work. Staff are a pleasure and you can also see shoes being made out in the workshop at the rear.