80 Baht Spaghetti

INTJ

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

without a doubt the best itallian restaurant with authentic imported itallian ingredients and a wood stove oven is "cico & pina Big Pizza"

you'll find them in naklua, 5 minutes walk up from dolphin circle and just past the open beer bars...look for the sign "Big Pizza"

they've just opened another restaurant in jomtien :o

they're not 80 baht but are very reasonable and the food is 1st class..

i love itallian food and have eaten all over italy, this place is the best in pattaya, 10 times better than the open italian restaurant on beach road and 50 times better than the italian/pizza place near view talay

once u eat at cicco & pina's u will be a repeat customer..their food is that good :D

Sounds interesting - what region are they from? Are they Neapolitan if they're doing Pizza?

Is there a regional character to the place?

i have passed 80 Baht Spag many times, but never stopped! Thinking if they need to sell cheap food there is going to be no quality to it :D

Cheers :D

Expensive food or drink does not = quality

Only snobbery. :D

Plenty of good cheap food outlet in Pattay giving good quality. :o

Have a nice day

Do you drink chang from 7/11 also? :D

i have passed 80 Baht Spag many times, but never stopped! Thinking if they need to sell cheap food there is going to be no quality to it :D

Expensive food or drink does not = quality

Only snobbery. :D

Plenty of good cheap food outlet in Pattay giving good quality. :o

Have a nice day

Guess I have been eating in the wrong places, always found 30 Baht noodles are made with better quality "materials" than 20 Baht noodles.

Same with Farang food, if it's genuine it's imported (in most cases) = tax = pass on to customer at a fair price?

Where in Pattaya are the quality cheap food outlets - please, not junk food!

"My god, I't's gone up a whole 90 cents, wow"

No Mike, its gone up 30 baht. We don't use dollars and cents here in Thailand. 30 baht is the price of a good meal to the Thai in the street.

I didn't say it was expensive. Nor did I say I wouldn't eat there any more. What I said was "Seems like one hel_l of an increase".

My comment was for any commodity to increase in price 30-50% overnight is out of the ordinary, especially when inflation in Thailand is at a current high of 6%.

"Not exactly a big deal is it?"

Dave, why don't you increase all your drinks by 50% from tonight if its "no big deal", be sure to let us know how you get on.

after all, "People have got to earn a living!!!"

My turn to use the  :o

INTJ.

Hang on!! I can't afford his prices now. :D

I have passed 80 Baht Spag many times, but never stopped! Thinking if they need to sell cheap food there is going to be no quality to it 

Cheers

Like i said its nice cheap food (quality) go and try it before you get on your high horse.

Your words below

Guess I have been eating in the wrong places, always found 30 Baht noodles are made with better quality "materials" than 20 Baht noodles.

Same with Farang food, if it's genuine it's imported (in most cases) = tax = pass on to customer at a fair price?

Well on the other end of the scale.

Matahari or the paradise second road are not expensive restaurants and the food is imported and top quality, its great.

Bruno’s Jomtien is expensive and no real difference in food quality, location, decor service and a more extensive menu, is better but that’s it, so there is two comparisons for you.

Sorry one more difference it’s the Snob factor (very big for Thaïs and falangs)

but I think you will still try and make some sort point to your last comments.

Bon Appetit

Have a nice day. :o

I have passed 80 Baht Spag many times, but never stopped! Thinking if they need to sell cheap food there is going to be no quality to it 

Cheers

Like i said its nice cheap food (quality) go and try it before you get on your high horse.

Your words below

Well on the other end of the scale.

Matahari or the paradise second road are not expensive restaurants and the food is imported and top quality, its great.

Bruno’s Jomtien is expensive and no real difference in food quality, location, decor service and a more extensive menu, is better but that’s it, so there is two comparisons for you.

Sorry one more difference it’s the Snob factor (very big for Thaïs and falangs)

but I think you will still try and make some sort point to your last comments.

Bon Appetit

Have a nice day. :o

Agreed regarding Bruno's and Mata Hari :D

Mata Hari is better value for money although Bruno's is more special (in a way).

Mata Hari is my choice though. :D

"but I think you will still try and make some sort point to your last comments."

Though I am far to "Hi-So" to respond to this - I will anyway.

My initial comment was that I was not attracted to a eating place by price, this you decided was "Snobish"

I'm also not to keen on places that are by the road, hate to sit eating listening to the traffic roar by :o

Agreed regarding Bruno's and Mata Hari :D

Mata Hari is better value for money although Bruno's is more special (in a way).

Mata Hari is my choice though. :D

Have you been there lately since it changed ownership ?

Not quite the same I am afraid.

I did'nt know that it changed owners :o Last time I went was a good 5 months ago. :D

Though I am far to "Hi-So" to respond to this - I will anyway.

My initial comment was that I was not attracted to a eating place by price, this you decided was "Snobish"

I'm also not to keen on places that are by the road, hate to sit eating listening to the traffic roar by :D

I am sorry if you think I was implying your a snob I was not.

But now you come to mention it lets look at what you have said

[quote=CGW

i have passed 80 Baht Spag many times, but never stopped! Thinking if they need to sell cheap food there is going to be no quality to it

Cheers

Opps :o Never been in but you pass comment, opps opps :D

quote=CGW

Opps :D

quote=CGW

Cheers .

quote=CGW

I'm also not to keen on places that are by the road, hate to sit eating listening to the traffic roar by

You also past comment on fast food chains on a thread that was removed.

saying that fast food is crap, this is Thailand man, up to people what they eat.

so Opps one more time.

All sounds pretty snobby to me.

Ps

They do turned up nose reversal operations at the local hospitals

Its cheap and im sure you would benefit from this.

Have a nice day. :D

"Noon Ristorante" on the left hand side of the road as you approach Jomtien is also known as "Spaghetti Bob's"

Simply the original sign, from a distance, appeared to say:

Spaghetti

80B

So there we are then it never cost 80 baht just a Bob :o

nearly as bad as the poppy bar on beach rd ner soi8. that had a refit and a mecong and soda jumped from 25 bt to 85bt  land of smiles my arse. land of scams.

What do you think pays the bills? Fresh air :o

Thats the trouble dave a lot of people who are quite willing to pay 4 or 5 quid for a drink in the UK come to Pattaya and only pay half the price and whinge about it, that is if they have ever been to Pattaya at all.

Bigmike.

Edited by Bigmike

nearly as bad as the poppy bar on beach rd ner soi8. that had a refit and a mecong and soda jumped from 25 bt to 85bt  land of smiles my arse. land of scams.

What do you think pays the bills? Fresh air :o

Thats the trouble dave a lot of people who are quite willing to pay 4 or 5 quid for a drink in the UK come to Pattaya and only pay half the price and whinge about it, that is if they have ever been to Pattaya at all.

Bigmike.

Just like the same guys here who pay 150 baht for a pirated copy of Windows XP and then moan like hel_l about it, Microsoft and Bill Gates!!

Noon produces some of the best Italian food I have ever tasted. Their ravioli is to die for. Price hikes are never good but they will still get my custom.

Ate at Big Pizza in Naklua and it was very good but I don't get up to the 4th Reich much so a Big Pizza in Jomtiem is ideal but where is it boys? Where?

Sounds as though you were just drinking soda before....now at least you`ll get a kick from it and be able to smile. I`ve had some great times there singing along with the band. :o