Carlsberg Now Selling Bottled Beer In Thailand

webfact

All you guys complaining about rice and chemicals:

Wikipedia:

" Phuket Beer and Federbrau are the only Thai beers brewed according to the German purification laws or Reinheitsgebot;"

Phuket is probably the best beer in Thailand, but it's expensive and fairly hard to get hold of.

Federbrau (made by Chang) is cheaper than Heineken and sometimes even Singha, tastes a lot better and is available in many places

About 32 baht for a small can or bottle in TOPS, Big C Extra etc.

Big ones only in Family Mart (54baht) or 7-Eleven (65 baht).

But then again I drink Archa which they managed to push up from 30 baht a bottle to 39 baht in convenience stores mad.gif.

What Phuket beer, Federbrau, Heinekin, and Carlsbad have in common is green bottles and a frequently skunky taste that comes from the beer being spoiled by being light-struck . It's that skunky taste that many people think is the hallmark of "good" beers. Put Leo in a green bottles and it would be just as excellent as Carlsberg.

wait.... what???

You'll notice that Heinekin tastes a lot different from a keg or from cans than from bottles. The green bottles giving the beer insufficient protection from light is the reason why. The green bottles are evidently good for marketing though.

If they sterilize in bottle/can (which is outdated technology since I was born) the can is much easier to heat up and cool down quickly so it does not get that much of "dead-mouse" taste. Just an idea on it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Never tasted or heard of any "excellent" chinese beer. The Asahi used to be quite good, but then changed for the worse. The price of a can of Asahi is now almost the same as Singha, which would mean it is made here.

Never heard of any "excellent" French beer, either.

Looking forward to drinking Carlsberg again."

Tsingtao Beer has a pleasant aroma and a well-balanced taste

Tsingtao is produced with spring water from Laoshan, a mountain area famous throughout China for the purity of its water. Tsingtao ingredients include the highest quality hops, as well as the finest yeast and barley imported from Australia and Canada.

Try that one ... I used to drink gallons of it when in Hong Kong :burp:

Alcohol Content: 3.8% alcohol by weight, 4.8% alcohol by volume

Calorie Content: 157 calories per 12-ounce serving

Fat Content: 0 gm.

Original Gravity:

11.0 degrees Plato

Tsingtao is crap. I don't know where you copied that marketing text from, but I was in China for 6 months and it was terrible. The Tsingtao Draft was drinkable, Harbin was better. But good beer in China? No. Unless it is imported.

Snow Beer was actually worse than Tsingtao.

Second that. Tsingtao is total cr#p. I lived 5 years in China, i find Chinese beers to be watery with low alcohol contain (they have beers even 1.8 alc.vol.). I could only drink Heineken or S.Miguel.