No Parking At Suvarnabhumi

bubba

The LONG TIME PARKING SPACE is full too?

I parked my car there more times and was always smiling,

Parking for 10.000 or 20.000 cars? or more cars and only used from not even 100 in normal times.laugh.gif

That is now full, sure?

With free shuttle Bus from Parking to and from arrival-departure.

Cheap also.

Edited by ALFREDO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can private cars get through to the drop off area at departures?

private cars and most pattaya taxis look exactly the same so there would be no way to stop a normal car dropping off in the normal way.

the only problem is collecting an arriving passenger as it seems all short term and long term car parks are full. so if picking up you need to use a taxi as described in my earlier post

I have certainly driven into the drop off area when dropping people off.

Was that recently?

Yes, private cars can drop off passengers. I've done it many times myself. As you approach the terminal, you will see a sign directing taxis to keep left and private cars to keep right. There are drop off zones and luggage trolleys there.

Can private cars get through to the drop off area at departures?

private cars and most pattaya taxis look exactly the same so there would be no way to stop a normal car dropping off in the normal way.

the only problem is collecting an arriving passenger as it seems all short term and long term car parks are full. so if picking up you need to use a taxi as described in my earlier post

Arrange to meet arriving passenger at a certain gate number at the top at departures then just drive round in circles... or take someone with you, get dropped off, go inside meet arrival then call person driving round in circles to come get you - job done.

JH

Does anyone know if there are still problems parking at Suvarnabhum? I am due to go there later today.

Thanks

I flew in yesterday afternoon and was most surprised to see cars parked 3 abreast out Arrivals ! My driver had to pick us up in the 4 lane leaving only 1 free for passing cars.

With all these cars parked up around BKK it makes one wonder if there are far too many cars not required by people and a few thousands could be taken off the roads.

With all these cars parked up around BKK it makes one wonder if there are far too many cars not required by people and a few thousands could be taken off the roads.

I must say that the commute to the office has been no longer than 20 minutes each way since they reintroduced the tolls and the other half of drivers who hadn't put their wheels in 'storage' are off the expressways and making a jam somewhere else down below.

The parking garages at the apartment and at work seem to be thinning out as the floods recede. I will be doing some business out Suvarnabhumi-way tomorrow so I will do a check on short and long term parking and post.

Any news about short term parking - is it possible to park now

I parked this evening short term parking with no problems level 5, airport very quiet, through immigration in 5 minutes, check in the same.

Best to call the airport information service to get updates on parking, I called my agent to do it for me.

^Were there still lots of cars parked up due to flooding or was it more like business as usual?

Approach road didn't look too bad, I could't see over into long term outside parking, I went straight to level 5 pulled in and it looked busy but that's probably normal,

I never had to go to the roof level or down another level, so I would guess all is ok with covered parking @ 250 Baht per 7 to 24 Hours, for my 3 day trip is much more convenient and much cheaper than getting a Taxi to and from Pattaya.

750 Baht for 3 days covered parking right next to the terminal has to be a bargain. at London Heathrow it would have cost over 7,000 Baht !!!!!! ohmy.gif

^I agree Banzai, that's what I always do, and it's much safer driving yourself and you can use your child seats.

I'll be flying out on 17th for a couple of weeks so am hoping the car parking will be back to normal, even if I have to park on any floor in the short term building.

Came back today, 3 people in front of me in Immigration.

Went to get my car and pay the 750 Baht, the guy took the ticket but no money, " Free " he said.

3 days covered parking in an international airport terminal car park for free, Incredible, they must be still giving free parking due to floods, straight out of the airport onto a great road and back in Pattaya in no time at all.

In the morning I paid 1,200 Baht to get to Tokyo Narita airport from downtown Tokyo, by bus !! blink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Drove my car to short time parking yesterday morning and the place was filled to the rim with cars and pick ups. Had to drive to top floor (6th) to park. When I came back in late afternoon to collect my car I had to push a pick up out the way in order to get my car out. Still no fee.

What about that open parking space next to the covered parking? I noticed it was 1/2 full, but everybody wants to parked covered off course, but if I knew what was coming I would had chosen that, but are not sure its assailable from short time parking road?

Hope the fee's are soon back, I rather pay so I can park easy & fast, suspect that app. 1/2 of the vehicles owners are non fliers and its for fliers after all. :angry:

Drove my car to short time parking yesterday morning and the place was filled to the rim with cars and pick ups. Had to drive to top floor (6th) to park. When I came back in late afternoon to collect my car I had to push a pick up out the way in order to get my car out. Still no fee.

What about that open parking space next to the covered parking? I noticed it was 1/2 full, but everybody wants to parked covered off course, but if I knew what was coming I would had chosen that, but are not sure its assailable from short time parking road?

Hope the fee's are soon back, I rather pay so I can park easy & fast, suspect that app. 1/2 of the vehicles owners are non fliers and its for fliers after all. :angry:

Exactly what I observed last week when I had to pick up an arriving friend. Many of the cars were so covered in dust that they looked like they had been there since the impending floods in mid-October. I had to resort to Thai-style double parking on the sixth floor, and all the rest of the floors were completely packed, with even the entire aisles all double-parked already. I've resorted to taking a taxi, as there is no assurance you will find any covered parking at all now, and I don't want to leave my car out in the uncovered lot.

After you bear right to the short term parking, there is another fork in the road, left to 1st floor parking, right to 5th floor parking. If you take the left there you end up in the open air parking. Lot's quicker if just picking someone up.

After you bear right to the short term parking, there is another fork in the road, left to 1st floor parking, right to 5th floor parking. If you take the left there you end up in the open air parking. Lot's quicker if just picking someone up.

OK thanks for that. I will go flying on the 3rd Jan for a 1 day trip so I will properly use that unless the fees are back and us fliers can park easily again.whistling.gif