No Parking At Suvarnabhumi

bubba

I had an early flight today, so knowing that many people would be headed to one of the few elevated car parks in the area (Suvarnabhumi), I drove out last night to put my car there and then stay somewhere nearby.

All car parks at Suvarnabhumi were full. There were perhaps 200 cars queuing outside, and I actually joined the queue for a while last night, but nothing was moving after about 30 minutes. As I drove away, I could see the barriers had actually been placed at the entrances.

So...if you have a flight out, don't plan on driving out and leaving your car at the airport.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is indeed a problem, I'm meeting someone there Saturday PM, really need to park whilst waiting for him.

Grrrr.

As I drove on the airport access highway, I saw about 50 cars parked in the emergency lanes about 2 km out. Looked to me like these were people who were waiting for someone to arrive. I suppose that would be an option for you.

The long term car-parks are nearly empty, but they are not cheap enough for the transfer hassle.

There is an independent carpark at Lat Krabang, but I cannot get proper directions from anybody. Fleets of taxis available for transfer.

The problem is people in the area parking their cars as a protection against the promised floods. My client's office issued an instruction that overnight parking would be restricted to one car per employee but this was issued after the car park has filled up with the visitors parking levels full and lots of cars without parking permit stickers as well.

Now you may ask who is going to pay several hundreds of baht to leave their car safely high and dry at the airport parking? I would think that most airport employees, their families, wives, husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends are taking advantage and who says they are paying anyway?

As far as I know, parking in/at the Suvarnabuhmi parking(s) is free

Is this because of the flooding? That would explain why it's suddenly crowded with non-fliers cars.

Otherwise the covered parking is pretty expensive for 24-hours.

I first noticed that short-term parking was free on 1 October and it has been free ever since. No idea why it was free then, but it's no doubt free now because of the floods, just like at all Centrals, Don Muang airport, etc.

This is a bit of a joke.

I have a flight on Sunday night and have no where to leave my car!

I hade planned on leaving the car parked at the airport for the 2 days I am out of the country but that plan just went out the window!

My sister in laws house is flooded, so no chance I am leaving it there.

Also had to pick up my sister on the 21st, looks like hell for everyone else trying to go about there normal business.

Fair enough if your area is flooded, but I think some people in non flooded areas are just cashing in on the free parking.

This is indeed a problem, I'm meeting someone there Saturday PM, really need to park whilst waiting for him.

Grrrr.

Fookin major ballache, My mother lands at 11.00pm Saturday night. I will be seriously pissed if I have to drive into BKK (I live Pattaya) to park at a train station and catch a train to pick her up.

Just found out they are offering free parking at other Shopping centers, now they are all filling up.

Looks like anywhere in Bangkok going to be a nightmare.

Farken hell my timing on my visa running out could not be better.

Wonder if immigration will offer extensions because of the floods?

We were at the airport last night, around midnight to pick someone up. Parking was pretty crammed but no real problem finding somewhere to park at that time of night, but I wouldn't leave my car there long term. Free too.

We were at the airport last night, around midnight to pick someone up. Parking was pretty crammed but no real problem finding somewhere to park at that time of night, but I wouldn't leave my car there long term. Free too.

Yeah I was there at midnight as well, I ended up taking a Taxi down and seeing how crammed the parking was I am glad I did as there would be no way in hell could I turn my pick-up in there.

Yeah I was there at midnight as well, I ended up taking a Taxi down and seeing how crammed the parking was I am glad I did as there would be no way in hell could I turn my pick-up in there.

It was certainly pretty tight, I don't have a small car (Ranger 4x4) and a fair bit of wriggling was required at times. There were also quite a few vehicles parked on the road outside the ground floor carpark entrances too, so for short term (pick up or drop off) parking that's a practical solution too.

Agree with Spoonman though, if you can avoid driving to the airport, do so.

No real relief as of when I left today. Still jam packed.

Really sux for me, as I pay monthly and there was no waiver of the fee for this month. So, I paid 2k for parking that is free, and can't even find a space to park in with all the freeloaders. Amazing Thailand.

Have to fly again Monday night, and am thinking I might have to pay to park in long term parking because there is no parking that i paid for in the garage. Just infuriating.

And apparently it all comes down to the current concessionaire screwing AOT out of the revenue before getting their contract terminated with the installation of the new set of AOT "directors".

Back at the airport Monday night about 2245. Access road to the 5th floor entrances to the garages completely closed. Both the outdoor lots looked full.

I went into garage 3 and managed to find a spot in the drive lane. My guess is the same cars I blocked in will still be there in 24 hours when I get back.

I noticed that there were still loads of cars parked on the roadway between the hotel and garage.

I would not advise driving for a flight if you can avoid it. If you must, come early.

anybody picked up at airport recently as in today or yeterday, have to pick up friends monday, flooding seems to be getting worse so i guess airport car park will remain full, just would like to know is short stay open and any chance of parking for hour or so.

Came back from a flight today and, unbelievably, things have gotten even worse. Garages completely shut down and most of the roadways have cars double and triple parked. Appears the locals are now using the entranceway to the arrivals area for a carpark as well.

Taxi, bus, or dropoff is the only sensible solution.

anybody picked up at airport recently as in today or yeterday, have to pick up friends monday, flooding seems to be getting worse so i guess airport car park will remain full, just would like to know is short stay open and any chance of parking for hour or so.

the easy answer is take a taxi there and pay for him to wait while you get your friends then call him to pick you up for the return trip at say door 3 at departure level.

no headache with parking thats the taxi drivers problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Forget parking at Swampy, as soon as people heard the water was coming form the north they parked the furthest away they could possible get, with transportation back into the city.

I was there about 10 days ago, the road up to Departures was being used as a car park for those who wanted to park there.