Converting Video Tapes To Dvd'S (Digital) In Ubon

MeMock

I have a about 20 hours of home video footage saved onto 20 mini DV cassettes. Does anyone know someone in Ubon who can convert them into a digital format and burn them onto DVD's as well as saving them to an external hard drive?

If it's like my old Sony, it will play back straight in to your computer, it's digital tape. If you have lost the cameras photo suite disc, you can down load it. As long as you are not using vista. Had big problems with it. Jim

PS still have the old Sony here some where, if I can find the bits your welcome to it. Jim

Edited by jamescollister

Hi Jim,

Thanks a lot for your post. I actually have all the stuff here to do it but I am too lazy/busy to do it myself!

Just figured if I could find someone to do it for a few purple notes then at least it would get done!!

A very kind offer Jim, thank you. Although I am not sure how you would handle all the footage of babies being born, burped, breast fed and bathed. Mmmm not sure what my wife would think of it either!

MeMock sounds like you are after someone to edit all the tapes into movies, rather than just burn them to disc. If you just want to convert them to your computer, no need to watch. If you want them edited and made into a movie or movies, a big job.

I will try and find the number of the guy in Ubon who made my wedding video. He is on the main road just as you enter Warin from the south. Don't think it will be cheap to edit 20 hours of tape. Jim

I had digital tapes copied on to Dvds in Ubon a year ago or so, and just got the location from a friend who did it.

From Chaiangkhun rd, go towards the clock tower, and turn left on the narrow rd just before Sk. The shop is on the left hand corner, possibly a Kodac shop? :D

Edited by bergen

Hi Bergen, going off your directions from memory it is indeed a Kodak shop. I will keep that in mind.

James, any luck in getting that phone number of your man in Warin. It would be handy to tee something up via phone before we go so I don't cart these cassettes half way around the world for nothing.