U.S. arrests man in connection with plot to kill Saudi ambassador

News_Editor

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To hell with them all I say. If Saudi want Iran out of the way, let them both bash it out, just leave the rest of us out of it.[/size][/size][/color]

Not on American soil. I can't get behind assassination plots. However, I would favor helping the Iranian rebel movement IF I thought it would help and not backfire, but I'm not convinced of that.

Most importantly, I do not want young American men sent to their death for the sake of whomever "us" is.

Let me get this straight. If it was definitely proven Iran was really an immediate existential threat to Israel, among America's best allies in the world, you would support a complete isolationist policy from America? What about Japan? What about Taiwan? What about Australia? Do you get the concept of ALLIES?

It depends on several things to include exactly who "us" is. Iran is not a threat to the US. We don't need allies who perpetuate war for reasons that most of the rest of us Americans don't really care about.

Edited by Pakboong

It depends on several things to include exactly who "us" is. Iran is not a threat to the US. We don't need allies who perpetuate war for reasons that most of the rest of us Americans don't really care about.

Speak for yourself! A consistent majority of Americans are decidedly PRO Israel.

Don't bother replying that's because they are brainwashed by Zionist controlled media as we all know that song and dance already.

Next ...

Edited by Jingthing

Most importantly, I do not want young American men sent to their death for the sake of whomever "us" is.

Let me get this straight. If it was definitely proven Iran was really an immediate existential threat to Israel, among America's best allies in the world, you would support a complete isolationist policy from America? What about Japan? What about Taiwan? What about Australia? Do you get the concept of ALLIES?

Jingthing

Israel is not among America's best allies in the world. It is a one way program. America is Israel's best ally, full stop. And yes, I agree with Pakboong, US servicemen should not be sent to fight in other peoples wars any more. Israel have had more than enough weapons from the US, let them bash it out for themselves, and supposing they win, lets see how good the cosy relationship with Saudi is then between the Israeli's.

A consistent number of Americans are Pro Israeli because they are misinformed of the entire situation.

Next....

Edited by GentlemanJim

A consistent number of Americans are Pro Israeli because they are misinformed of the entire situation.

By "misinformed" you mean they don't agree with you. You can't run from the reality, America and Americans by and large support Israel. I get that you don't like it or accept it, but that's the way it is. I also dispute the idea that Iran isn't ALSO an enemy of America, as well as Israel, as well as a potential threat to Europe.

Edited by Jingthing

Whoa, there boys... I think we are straying into treacherous waters (and I am not talking about the BKK flood here).

This topic is about a plot in the US against a Saudi diplomat.

It's hard to separate Israel from the equation, but the thread will come along where you can discuss the hypotheticals.

Whoa, there boys... I think we are straying into treacherous waters (and I am not talking about the BKK flood here).

This topic is about a plot in the US against a Saudi diplomat.

It's hard to separate Israel from the equation, but the thread will come along where you can discuss the hypotheticals.

Is it possible to delete the posts that you do not want us to respond to? It gets confusing when there are posts that are apparently off-topic, but we are not sure which ones they are. :wai:

No, UG, it's not. The topic is beginning to move in a direction which directly involves Israel. That is not a part of the topic. Neither are the number of Jews in the US Military.

Posters do not have the right to use a quote from a previous post as justification for continuing to take a thread further off-topic.

Information and opinions may outweigh the off-topic portion in many posts.

For example, if someone posts a link and makes a quote, a thread may not divert it's attention to the political leanings of the source.

Post on the topic in the OP and don't endlessly quote others in a post--which will eventually run afoul of the rules.