Price Of Flights Are Getting Cheaper !

Boater

London - KL - Phuket - 88 Pound Each way plus taxes, comes to around 376 pounds all in Return ----- Cheapest Deal i Have ever seen

London - BKK , tickets are around 400 - 500 pounds economy on most airlines

Unless you say which airline and which booking agent/search site, and which dates/duration you looked at, these figures are pretty meaningless.

I see nothing at all under GBP500, very little under GBP550 and most above GBP600, but I'm looking for 1-year returns. So I would say prices are slightly higher than they were last year.

airasia are all under 500 Pounds, this is from london to phuket return, also if you book from thailand return, it is 22 K all in

been looking for months for flights at the beginning of April to LHR, cheapest so far has been Aeroflot 31885 on matrix.itasoftware.com.

Actually wanna fly with Qatar but at the moment they are coming in at 40000+, their special offers run out in March so hope they have deals for April.

Edited by beano2274

airasia are all under 500 Pounds, this is from london to phuket return, also if you book from thailand return, it is 22 K all in

I dont think that AirAsia can be compared with a proper airline.

By the time all the extras are added on (food, drinks, baggage insurance) it will cost quite a lot more. And I wonder if they do any more than RyanAir do when a flight goes wrong? (RyanAir do nothing at all: you sort it all out for yourself.)

I'm really only interested in something of Emirates/Qatar standard, or better.

By the time all the extras are added on (food, drinks, baggage insurance) it will cost quite a lot more. And I wonder if they do any more than RyanAir do when a flight goes wrong? (RyanAir do nothing at all: you sort it all out for yourself.)

Also note that Air Asia X uses those A330's and A340's with narrowed seats and aisles so that they can get 9-across seating (3-3-3) in economy (most other carriers will have 8-across seating in a 2-4-2 configuration on A330/340.) Maybe that's okay for petite asian women, but not for me. Regular economy is cramped enough, let alone when Air Asia X pulls a bone-head move like this.

Actually, more than my hips being squeezed, it's that there's not enough shoulder room to let my arms hang naturally. Maybe tolerable (but not comfortable) for a 1 hour domestic flight, but not for an intercontinental flight!

I've just been offered £1570 return business LHR-BKK 15th Dec-8th Jan......whaddya think?

I've just been offered £1570 return business LHR-BKK 15th Dec-8th Jan......whaddya think?

I think you are prepared to spend more than I would on a 14 hour flight. :)

I will put up with regular economy class, and regular quality meals, and regular brands of beer to save GBP1000, but I wont put up with ultra-economy airlines to save another GBP50.

Though that said, for a really peak period flight that price for business class isn't bad, I suppose.

:whistling:

I traveled to the U.S. in July 2010.

I commented then that airline prices always rose in September or October as airlines basically recalculate what they have to charge to make a good profit in the next fiscal year. The fiscal year is October to October, and it's what businesses use to make their annual predictions on profit for the next year.

I also commented that many airlines assume their fuel costs on a 3 months schedule, because they usually purchase the fuel (or at least renew their fuel delivery agreements)on a quarterly schedule. So as nearly every 3 months airline fuel costs rise, that means airline fares normally rise then too.

And then, the holiday season is coming up, a peak traffic period, and the airlines will try to insure they get the most out of that traffic in profits to cover any possible slowdown in air traffic in the next year.

I was rather poo-pooed at that time for not knowing anything about the airlines.

Whatever.

:whistling:

After reading the last part of this I realised I could be misintrepreted.

What I meant to say was that the high passenger numbers may mean that individual fares may drop sightly during the holiday season...because the high passenger volume they get during the holiday season means they can charge slightly less for each fare...but still make a profit on the high passenger volume.

That means packed planes too, of course, and the extra wieght on long haul flights means extra fuel costs.

So for the airlines, it's a a trade-off, and they calculate very carefully to get the numbers right.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

now thats good, who did you get that with in the end?

now thats good, who did you get that with in the end?

With the link you provided. Not booked yet but it leaves 13th I think.

Really I tried economy but the fares are kicking in at £980....too much for economy. I will have to ponder this for a day or two unless anyone can come up with a magical fare.....whistling.gif

After a recent return flight with them, i would always check out the air Egypt website, i managed to get a return flight to the UK with them for about 25k baht which at the time (July/August) was the cheapest i could find, the take off and landing times are excellent, the brief stopover in Cairo was hassle free, the only downside to some might be the fact that they are dry flights