Indonesian Market

WtFugarwe

I have lived in Indonesia for the past 3 years, have enjoyed a great deal of their cuisine, all the dishes are made readily from ingredients found in Thailand. From beef rendang, to nasi goreng, mie goreng, bakso soup I make them all. I enjoy Thai food with the same enthusiasm. If your willing to spend some time in the kitchen, it is not that difficult to make all the required ingredients from scratch.quote. Just Google indonesian food, loads of great help available. Hope this helps some. name='kalbo123' timestamp='1318469967' post='4761910']

I order my Indonesian products online in Holland, works great!

Nothing available here, think Thai's don't like Indonesian food!

Sound great. I've never had any real Indonesian food before. How about you some Indonesian food like nasi goreng and I'll make you some Chicken Biryani (Indian Style with basmati) or other thing you may like and we swap the dish! :whistling:

I have lived in Indonesia for the past 3 years, have enjoyed a great deal of their cuisine, all the dishes are made readily from ingredients found in Thailand. From beef rendang, to nasi goreng, mie goreng, bakso soup I make them all. I enjoy Thai food with the same enthusiasm. If your willing to spend some time in the kitchen, it is not that difficult to make all the required ingredients from scratch.quote. Just Google indonesian food, loads of great help available. Hope this helps some. name='kalbo123' timestamp='1318469967' post='4761910']

They do when there is no Thai food available. ;) Then after two meals Western-Chinese becomes so boring they'll actively dislike it. Then suddenly Indo/Malay or even Indian food comes into the picture. ;)

It is surprising that Thais are not familiar with tempeh, it would be such a great ingredient in Thai dishes. Besides... it is healthy, cheap, filling... I am sure they'd love it.

@winnie: in general Thai friends love foreign food, but Indofood seemed to be forgotten here. Several Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian restaurants, but no toko Indonesia...blink.gif

How to make tempeh:

http://www.makethebe...sys-tempeh.html

http://blogonsite.co...make-tempe.html

Suddenly I crave for a crusty tempeh-sandwich... thanks-a-lot.

Edited by Femme

A friend of mine in Sansai makes tempeh. Anyone interested PM me and I will try to get it.

Next week I'm off again to Yogya where I will live from tempeh, soto ayam and do not forget emping. I always carry emping with me to Thailand and last time brought the seeds of the trees. Not a single one germinated. Will bring more seeds this time and hope to have an "emping" tree at the farm in the future.

Cheers

R'tje

Tempeh is sold at Ban Suan Pak, the health food store located in a small compound of shops roughly half-way between the President Hotel and the US Consulate. You can find it in the freezer, a package of 150 grams for 35 baht.