Idiots On The Road

kenny999

Today I encountered some farang idiots behaving as if they were in a racing car disguised as a pick-up, fortunately they did not force any one off the road or cause an accident in their idiotic swerving in and out of the traffic, passenger waving his hand out of the window giving the v sign when people were rightly annoyed, I thought I had left all the idiots behind me when I left the UK, lets hope they only kill them selves and not any one else!!!

Edited by kenny999

If the driver had a smoke in his hand hanging it out the window it might have been me, was the pick-up black ?

both pick-ups were black and looked like they were racing each other, did not notice a smoke only the 2 finger of the passenger...

If the driver had a smoke in his hand hanging it out the window it might have been me, was the pick-up black ?

both pick-ups were black and looked like they were racing each other, did not notice a smoke only the 2 finger of the passenger...

Does sound like normal driving here Ken. ;)

Does sound like normal driving here Ken. ;)

Sadly you are right but only from a minority, my gf and daughter got a bit scared because these idiots nearly collided with a car whilst trying to get past a big bus..

If you drive like this with only one hand on the wheel god help other road users!!

One hand is fine, it gets sketchy when I need to steer with my knee as Iam also on the phone.

If you drive like this with only one hand on the wheel god help other road users!!

One hand is fine, it gets sketchy when I need to steer with my knee as Iam also on the phone.

Irresponsible reply to a very serious subject!!

I find it only really starts getting sketchy when eating a fillet of fish with one hand and replying to TV posts on the cellphone with the other ;)

on a more serious note we get these types of idiots on samui near every full moon, it seems they think driving like a local i.e. underpassing and going to wrong way down one way streets is the way it is meant to be. I have told more then one that they will be in the hospital before they get off the island if they continue doing what they are doing, some actually slowed down.

on a more serious note we get these types of idiots on samui near every full moon, it seems they think driving like a local i.e. underpassing and going to wrong way down one way streets is the way it is meant to be. I have told more then one that they will be in the hospital before they get off the island if they continue doing what they are doing, some actually slowed down.

Remember that farangs come from a land where police cameras rule. Come here and let their hair down cos lack of any police presence in any form. :)

Remember that farangs come from a land where police cameras rule. Come here and let their hair down cos lack of any police presence in any form. :)

I too come from a land where police cameras rule but I still do not find it necessary to behave like a complete and utter pri*k just because this is Thailand!!

Edited by kenny999

I too come from a land where police cameras rule but I still do not find it necessary to behave like a complete and utter pri*k just because this is Thailand!!

But they will, cos they can :rolleyes:. Same as the ladies they come for, they can do more here than in their farang land near for free. :)

There is virtually no police presence, do what you like. Where l live 5 to a bike, no crash hats and any police you might see don't give a shit cos the snooker hall awaits. :D

But they will, cos they can :rolleyes:. Same as the ladies they come for, they can do more here than in their farang land near for free. :)

There is virtually no police presence, do what you like. Where l live 5 to a bike, no crash hats and any police you might see don't give a shit cos the snooker hall awaits. :D

Yep all very true!!

Time to close this thread as the I am very funny people are surfacing!!

Edited by kenny999

probably Transam or Moonrivers tuning their race chips. :rolleyes:

Sorry but my op did not contain any humor!! idiots like these might be the cause of killing you one day or innocent others!!! :annoyed:

They would never catch me as I own the one of the fast street driven diesels in Thailand. :jap:

Take a chill pill life is to short to get on line and post every time you see someone driving like a idiot.

Yeah do that, they're missing you in the rain-check thread. :bah:

Nah think I will give a rain check on that idea!! :lol:

Great, then I won't complain on an anonymous forum about you or the guy who cut in front of me this morning. ;)

Yeah do that, they're missing you in the rain-check thread. :bah:

Nah think I will give a rain check on that idea!! :lol:

Great, then I won't complain on an anonymous forum about you or the guy who cut in front of me this morning. ;)

Ah bless you okay/

All joking aside, yes, some people drive like morons, whether they are farang or local, oblivious or aggressive.... What can be done about it? Or more specifically, what can us ThaiVisa motoring section members do about it? Big fat nothing (except being mindful of our own driving, of course). So that's why people are having a laugh, your complaints are valid and most of us agree, but it's just the way it is.

I understand you're in Phuket? (you should put that in your profile, it helps others understand your local driving style). Then yes, either people drive agonizingly slow (it's an island, where do you wanna go so fast?) or like complete lunatics. I'll freely admit I was one of the former when I used to live there and had a motorcycle (never had to check the rear view mirrors, nobody would ever catch up to me), but a couple of spills taught a good lesson. Let's hope that can apply to others too.

All joking aside, yes, some people drive like morons, whether they are farang or local, oblivious or aggressive.... What can be done about it? Or more specifically, what can us ThaiVisa motoring section members do about it? Big fat nothing (except being mindful of our own driving, of course). So that's why people are having a laugh, your complaints are valid and most of us agree, but it's just the way it is.

I understand you're in Phuket? (you should put that in your profile, it helps others understand your local driving style). Then yes, either people drive agonizingly slow (it's an island, where do you wanna go so fast?) or like complete lunatics. I'll freely admit I was one of the former when I used to live there and had a motorcycle (never had to check the rear view mirrors, nobody would ever catch up to me), but a couple of spills taught a good lesson. Let's hope that can apply to others too.

Yes joking aside it would not matter where I lived I would still drive carefully not always slowly but always mindful of others, personally I get no pleasure out of pissing other motorists off, but of course I understand their is the minority that have no thought for their own safety or the safety of others that is entirely up to them. it might be boring to the speed freaks on here but I prefer to be considerate and drive in a manner that will keep me and my family safe!!

Yes joking aside it would not matter where I lived I would still drive carefully not always slowly but always mindful of others, personally I get no pleasure out of pissing other motorists off, but of course I understand their is the minority that have no thought for their own safety or the safety of others that is entirely up to them. it might be boring to the speed freaks on here but I prefer to be considerate and drive in a manner that will keep me and my family safe!!

Stay in the left <deleted> lane then, Nothing worse than some self righteous asshol_e driving slowly in the right hand lane, those people are the cause of accidents.

Edited by Spoonman