Idiots On The Road

kenny999

All joking aside, yes, some people drive like morons, whether they are farang or local, oblivious or aggressive.... What can be done about it? Or more specifically, what can us ThaiVisa motoring section members do about it? Big fat nothing (except being mindful of our own driving, of course). So that's why people are having a laugh, your complaints are valid and most of us agree, but it's just the way it is.

I understand you're in Phuket? (you should put that in your profile, it helps others understand your local driving style). Then yes, either people drive agonizingly slow (it's an island, where do you wanna go so fast?) or like complete lunatics. I'll freely admit I was one of the former when I used to live there and had a motorcycle (never had to check the rear view mirrors, nobody would ever catch up to me), but a couple of spills taught a good lesson. Let's hope that can apply to others too.

it might be boring to the speed freaks on here but I prefer to be considerate and drive in a manner that will keep me and my family safe!!

Not to pick a bone here but this is subjective to you. Not everyone who drives faster or what you might consider more wreckless is necessarily putting anyone else's live's in danger that's just YOUR personal perception.

My biggest job while driving is constantly thinking for and avoiding many drivers driving well below or even at the speed limit and doing so with complete blinders on (or in many cases phones in their hands) and in their own oblivious world and they are far more dangerous in my professional opinion.

Yes joking aside it would not matter where I lived I would still drive carefully not always slowly but always mindful of others, personally I get no pleasure out of pissing other motorists off, but of course I understand their is the minority that have no thought for their own safety or the safety of others that is entirely up to them. it might be boring to the speed freaks on here but I prefer to be considerate and drive in a manner that will keep me and my family safe!!

Stay in the left <deleted> lane then, Nothing worse than some self righteous asshol_e driving slowly in the right hand lane, those people are the cause of accidents.

that's the parking/motorcycle/buffalo/playing children lane?

All joking aside, yes, some people drive like morons, whether they are farang or local, oblivious or aggressive.... What can be done about it? Or more specifically, what can us ThaiVisa motoring section members do about it? Big fat nothing (except being mindful of our own driving, of course). So that's why people are having a laugh, your complaints are valid and most of us agree, but it's just the way it is.

I understand you're in Phuket? (you should put that in your profile, it helps others understand your local driving style). Then yes, either people drive agonizingly slow (it's an island, where do you wanna go so fast?) or like complete lunatics. I'll freely admit I was one of the former when I used to live there and had a motorcycle (never had to check the rear view mirrors, nobody would ever catch up to me), but a couple of spills taught a good lesson. Let's hope that can apply to others too.

it might be boring to the speed freaks on here but I prefer to be considerate and drive in a manner that will keep me and my family safe!!

Not to pick a bone here but this is subjective to you. Not everyone who drives faster or what you might consider more wreckless is necessarily putting anyone else's live's in danger that's just YOUR personal perception.

My biggest job while driving is constantly thinking for and avoiding many drivers driving well below or even at the speed limit and doing so with complete blinders on (or in many cases phones in their hands) and in their own oblivious world and they are far more dangerous in my professional opinion.

True not every one that drives faster is a problem, not every one that drives slower is a problem, after many many years in the Emergency services I can assure you reckless driving will end up eventually causing a serious accident involving just your self or others around you, yes their are the people here who drive far too slowly but how is that a problem unless you become impatient and make the wrong decision by over taking recklessly, if I come up behind some one that is driving very slowly I just wait until it is safe to pass them, losing patience can be a killer along with speed and reckless driving my opinion as a professional emergency vehicle driver for over 20 years!!

Yes joking aside it would not matter where I lived I would still drive carefully not always slowly but always mindful of others, personally I get no pleasure out of pissing other motorists off, but of course I understand their is the minority that have no thought for their own safety or the safety of others that is entirely up to them. it might be boring to the speed freaks on here but I prefer to be considerate and drive in a manner that will keep me and my family safe!!

Stay in the left <deleted> lane then, Nothing worse than some self righteous asshol_e driving slowly in the right hand lane, those people are the cause of accidents.

This would be you then!!! lol :violin:

wow children play in this lane amazing Thailand lol

hum hum hum waiting for the reply, I hope it's funny!!!

Edited by kenny999

Come on people nearly 9 mins and no one has come up with some thing funny, i'm starting to get bored!!!:D

Come on people nearly 9 mins and no one has come up with some thing funny, i'm starting to get bored!!!:D

I was not trying to be funny, actually, just saying that trying to stick to the left lane is often futile :)

I was not trying to be funny, actually, just saying that trying to stick to the left lane is often futile :)

Well their you go then you are funny without realizing it...

I have a feeling spoonman is going to come back with some thing hilarious, can't wait lol

Edited by kenny999