Record-Breaking Events At Phuket Immigration

hkt83100

Today I had a very pleasant experience at the Phuket Immigration office - again. I went there with a friend to do his first application for a retirement-based One-Year-Extension. All forms we prepared at home (downloaded PDFs from the net). Into the office, queuing time was zero. Just handed over the papers, went to do some more copies while the forms were processed. Another five minutes to wait for the signature, that's it. After getting the extension it just took another 5 minutes to get the Re-Entry-Permit, total time 25 minutes.

As usual, it was very helpful to be polite, wear decent clothes, wai your officer, and invest a little smile. I absolutely cannot understand people who have problems with the Phuket Immigration Office.

I never had any problems there either in the few years I was there. I used to appreciate that they were allowed to wear the nice flower shirts and not look so official, it gave it a much more relaxed atmosphere but I'm glad to say it didn't change much afterwards.. Seldom ever had much more then a 15 to 20 minute wait for reporting and always a nice smile and it was always a nice touch to wear a shirt honoring the Thai Royals..

never seen anyone having problems there.. even the 600pounds guy with his classy lady gets treated with respect.

There serious most of the time but they're not racist. Only one that might give some attitude is the lesbian bigshot who has an inferiority complex.. the guys are carebears.

......and it was always a nice touch to wear a shirt honoring the Thai Royals..

Oh yeah, headed out the door right now to get me one of those gold shirts with the Royals insignia on the front pocket......:blink: better yet a PINK one ! Grumpy will look mighty gay in a pink model.

Nothing wrong with gay looking if it gets you your desired result.. No wonder you AV is GrumpyOldMan..

I always had a quick and pleasant visit at phuket immigration.

Except one time, for my first 90 day report. I didn't know exactly where to wait, and one of the officer told me to sit in a corner. 10 minutes later, the same guy, still with a big smile on his face, invites me to sit in front of him. I show him all the necessary papers, he studies them cautiously for 5 minutes, and then tells me while laughing... "Sir, you need go back tomorrow, office close soon hahaha"

I look at the clock showing 3:15 pm, bewildered, and look at him again, he is still cracking up like he just told me the joke of the year.

I try a timid "Poodlen mai?"

"No no no, come back tomorrow sir" with a smile that made me want to punch him in the face.

Not knowing if he wanted to make a farang angry for fun or if he genuinely believed it was a really funny situation, I tried to give him my best fake smile and told him "mai pen rai krap, sawadee krap".

This afternoon, many thais must have spotted a crazy farang cursing loudly in several languages while driving his motorbike back home.

Except one time, for my first 90 day report. I didn't know exactly where to wait, and one of the officer told me to sit in a corner. 10 minutes later, the same guy, still with a big smile on his face, invites me to sit in front of him. I show him all the necessary papers, he studies them cautiously for 5 minutes, and then tells me while laughing... "Sir, you need go back tomorrow, office close soon hahaha"

I look at the clock showing 3:15 pm, bewildered, and look at him again, he is still cracking up like he just told me the joke of the year.

"No no no, come back tomorrow sir" with a smile that made me want to punch him in the face.

Not knowing if he wanted to make a farang angry for fun or if he genuinely believed it was a really funny situation, I tried to give him my best fake smile and told him "mai pen rai krap, sawadee krap".

This afternoon, many thais must have spotted a crazy farang cursing loudly in several languages while driving his motorbike back home.

See there, a pink Royals shirt would've made all the difference!

See there, a pink Royals shirt would've made all the difference!

I know you're saying that in jest but there is merit to it and this is a credible example of when it may have been an advantage..