Dave2'S Best Of เชียงใหม่ Photo Thread

keo

Right dave2, let's see the cream of your photo crop.

Anyone else is free to contribute, or if they would like, to try and challenge Dave2's photographic prowess.

I'll kick the thread off with this shot I call... "Tropically post-apocalyptic petrol pump."

post-44385-0-41513500-1318518320_thumb.j

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a couple. You didn't say whether thay had to be CNX topical so........

One is inside a medium sized diesel with a man standing behind the crank and a con rod. The other is a self explanatory Ooppss!

post-104371-0-32324300-1318524028_thumb.

post-104371-0-87629200-1318524054_thumb.

Edited by Dellboy218

One is inside a medium sized diesel with a man standing behind the crank and a con rod. The other is a self explanatory Ooppss!

Actually he did, but i needed google translate to read it Dave2'S Best Of เชียงใหม่ -> Dave2'S Best Of Chiang Mai.

Great pics though!

Nearly forgot the pic, this is just too cold.

post-4090-0-15964200-1318525560_thumb.jp

Actually he did, but i needed google translate to read it Dave2'S Best Of เชียงใหม่ -> Dave2'S Best Of Chiang Mai.

Great pics though!

Oooppss, I should have done the same shouldnt I. Well at least they are a bit different! I only wish I had the camera the other day when I saw a young lad peddaling on his bicycle down a busy road, whilst playing a guitar. Just when you think you cannot be surprised any more.!

Great pics though!

Oooppss, I should have done the same shouldnt I. Well at least they are a bit different! I only wish I had the camera the other day when I saw a young lad peddaling on his bicycle down a busy road, whilst playing a guitar. Just when you think you cannot be surprised any more.!

now that would have made a great shot

Sorry, but I fail to find any of these photos interesting at all :huh:

As Keo said, lets see some of yours. I'm waiting for Dave2 to contribute. Everyone's tastes are different and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.. Some of my better pictures are of children, but we are not allowed to post photos of children on thaivisa. I posted some photos of my lady friends on another forum and a couple men said they were hideous. What I have noticed is the people who are most critical never have anything to offer themselves. I have seen the same thing in art shows. There are artists and there are critics, but I've seldom seen a critic who was an accredited artist.

Nothing is remarkable of this picture of the Ping River until you put it into perspective with recent photos of the same bridge during the flooding.

Chiang_Mai_Ping_River_2.jpg

I was able to capture this plane that had just taken off from the Chaing Mai airport and climbed over Doi Suthep mountain

Doi_Suthep_Mtn_002.jpg

A bit off topic. Ive been to Tiger Kingdom lately and saw their historic pictures of Chiang Mai. Photographs from early 20 century I think.

Where would I find big size photos like that of Chiang Mai? Anyone know?

Could you photograph them yourself and then reprint them? I've done that with a lot of old photos and paintings and the results are quite good. I've repaired old photos for some people when there was no way to scan them. I was able to repair old scratches and tears.

Art_gallery_1.jpg

Art_gallery_2.jpg

Edited by IanForbes

I'm waiting for Dave2 to contribute.

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling Dave2 is an individual and posts his pictures where he thinks they are helpful as opposed to posting alongside others.

This is what makes his style and contribution unique, in my opinion. smile.gif

re ...

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling Dave2 is an individual and posts his pictures where he thinks they are helpful as opposed to posting alongside others.

This is what makes his style and contribution unique, in my opinion.

nahhh im just busy today ... ill post tonight no probem : )

in the meantime enjoy a chiang mai pussy

dave2

post-42592-0-92348300-1318570180_thumb.j

1. After the Rains - CM Forest

2. Nr Wat Palaad - Doi Suthep Forest Temple

3. Along Doi-Pui - A Sunday Stroll

Thanks for those, Drew. We share similar places to enjoy. It's much cooler up there on a hot day and in March the smog is down in the valley.

Doi_Suthep_hill_tribe_village.jpg

Doi_Suthep_cave_4.jpg

Doi_Suthep_cave1.jpg

There are lots of different butterflies up there, but a hand held camera in low light is not the best for sharp photos

Doi_Suthep_trail_022.jpg