Help Needed On My Son Visit To Thailand

hello i currently live in thailand .im here on a non 0 visa '

i have a 17 year old son who says he is coming out for a gap year as he says he needs a break from school

im married to a thai lady the few things i would like to know are

when he comes to thailand will he have to have a certain amount of money in the bank ?

what visa can he apply for at hull ?

and can he enter thailand on his own being aged 17 ? i will be there to meet him at airport

any help would be great

He should be able to get a Non O as he is visiting his Father & Stepmother and she is Thai, he may need a copy of her Tabien Bahn and her ID card , also a supporting letter from her would be good.

I would suggest he or you contact Hull and confirm what they want and explain the situation, they may also want a copy of your marriage certificate to prove the link.

Alternative is for him to apply for a double entry tourist visa, that's good for 6 months and then get another in a neighboring country later.

NO, he doesn't need money in the bank, and he shouldnt have any problems as long as he has an appropriate Visa.

From Hull website:

Category “O”

2)Visiting family working/living in Thailand

Evidence required:

Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship

Letter from relative confirming they are in Thailand together with a copy of page

in their passport showing valid entry visa or a copy of their valid work permit..

A Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa will give him unlimited entries for 12 months. Max stay of 90 days each entry.

From Hull website:

Category “O”

2)Visiting family working/living in Thailand

Evidence required:

Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship

Letter from relative confirming they are in Thailand together with a copy of page

in their passport showing valid entry visa or a copy of their valid work permit..

A Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa will give him unlimited entries for 12 months. Max stay of 90 days each entry.

------------------------------

Lite Beer has it right...as he usually has.

But first you should contact Hull by phone and explain the situation to them...getting the word from the horse's mouth (as the saying goes).

With a Multi Entry Non Imm O visa he will have to do 90 day "border runs"...basically going to the closest border, crossing into that country, then turning around and re-entering Thailand. When he re-enters Thailand they will stamp his passport for another 90 day stay.

Just be sure he has enough space in his passport for that. If he chooses Cambodia for the border run he will get a Cambodian visa put in his passport on entering Cambodia. That visa takes up one page in his passport.

There are companys in Bangkok who do a border run daytrip...everthing included in the price including the Cambodian visa. The one I've used leaves about 6:30 in the morning and returns to Bangkok about 5:30 that same afternoon.

He may even enjoy it...there are usually some young female farangs on those trips. The rest is up to him.

:D

" If he chooses Cambodia for the border run he will get a Cambodian visa put in his passport on entering Cambodia. That visa takes up one page in his passport"

Not true if he uses an E-Visa via the net for Cambodia, but it is true if visiting Laos.

Edited by CharlieH