Proton Savvy

I need a car within october 23rd. I dont want to spend to much as I am waiting for a Ford Ranger 3,2 in January. Most cant deliver on the spot. Dropped by Proton today, and they can probably find one with auto.

Medium Line AMT, no airbags, no ABS, 439k baht

High Line AMT, airbags, ABS and 15inchers, 469k baht

both have leather, remote/alarm, front powerwindows. both come with film, insurance, and 10% down, 48 terms interest free.

Cheap :)

is it bad?:unsure:

A friend of mine has one since a couple of years and is pretty happy with it, no major problems (but I'll ask her again). Proton has a pretty bad reputation, even in their home country, but I think they've gotten better.

Why not look into the March or Brio as alternatives?

A friend of mine has one since a couple of years and is pretty happy with it, no major problems (but I'll ask her again). Proton has a pretty bad reputation, even in their home country, but I think they've gotten better.

Brio, non available

March, Nissan called today, one white at approx 550k baht pluss finance costs. Thats approx 150k baht more than Proton top model. Q is, is it worth it?

Brio, non available

March, Nissan called today, one white at approx 550k baht pluss finance costs. Thats approx 150k baht more than Proton top model. Q is, is it worth it?

KBB, I think it's worth it... if you have the money to spare that couldn't be used better on something else in your life.

If it could be used better, there's no denying that the deal Proton offer is extremely attractive. They deserve to be making sales. Sadly, i doubt they will.

Have you test driven it yet? The next logical step if you haven't.

Brio, non available

I have had my March m/t 430,000 for a couple of weeks and I have to say it is a great car. lovely to drive, great on petrol, no problems with lack of power once you get used to it, I waited 2 days from ordering. love this car... I also test drove the Savvy last year and thought it was great but it is smaller than the March..

I would much rather task my risks in the second hand market and get something with a better safety rating and better resale. I you only need it for such a short time, why not rent?

Friends of ours have a long term rental Honda Jazz through Budget, waiting till they finish building their house before they buy next year.

Better deal, no worries about servicing etc etc.

OK I like Suzuki..

The top model Swift is 650k, 2nd hand 2010 and a few 2011 models are 100k less, so just a little more then Top model Savvy, only the Swift has:

1.5 VVT engine, ABS, 2 AIRBAG, Sun Power, C Locking, Leather, remote locks, digital air conditioning, Multifunction steering-wheel, CD/MP3, Electric adjustable side mirrors + power fold side mirrors, fog lamps, alloy 17, Park Sensor, so Full Option.

Even a Chery A1 is bigger than the Savvy, ABS, 2 AIRBAG, Leather 429k only manual they have 2 in the showroom near me..

I'm sure a Savvy is fine there are lots about, just very small + NO ABS, N0 2 AIRBAGS, NO LEATHER, on the cheaper models makes them look expensive for what you get ++ have you seen them 2nd hand, lots of top 2010 model Auto for sale from 275 - 300k........ If you are only wanting a new Savvy until end on Jan next year would be cheaper to hire a car, or buy a used one and lose only 30k or so in 4 months time

:yohan: Ive always said its An Area Thing , regarding " Lots About.". I'm on the road everyday.Supan - C.M. -Ubon Rat -Phitts -Supan. Now when i go South,the variety increases 10 fold. I rarely see a Crise,or a Swift , but many Protons. As for Cities they must have shifted many North, Honda have Bucketfuls of White n Silver cluttering up the Forecourts, not that it helps KBB much..In fact Honda Phitsanulok offered me a top end one ,but i aint ready yet..

:yohan: Ive always said its An Area Thing , regarding " Lots About.". I'm on the road everyday.Supan - C.M. -Ubon Rat -Phitts -Supan. Now when i go South,the variety increases 10 fold. I rarely see a Crise,or a Swift , but many Protons. As for Cities they must have shifted many North, Honda have Bucketfuls of White n Silver cluttering up the Forecourts, not that it helps KBB much..In fact Honda Phitsanulok offered me a top end one ,but i aint ready yet..

yeah, Honda Phuket had at least 30 units at each dealer, its just all sold.

My Gf on the phone calling BKK dealers today trying to source one.

the March comes out at 150k more han Savvy, not really worth it, and Savvy comes with the BEST leather :D :D

could also have another March in black, but thats out of the question

second hand, bikes yes, easy to check out what they have been going through, cars no.

3 months rental at 45k baht, its an option on the 24th if nothing else has materialised

yeah, Honda Phuket had at least 30 units at each dealer, its just all sold.

My Gf on the phone calling BKK dealers today trying to source one.

the March comes out at 150k more han Savvy, not really worth it, and Savvy comes with the BEST leather :D :D

could also have another March in black, but thats out of the question

second hand, bikes yes, easy to check out what they have been going through, cars no.

3 months rental at 45k baht, its an option on the 24th if nothing else has materialised

Sounds like your got it sussed, best of luck!

I would go with the car hire unless your wanting to keep the small car for a cheap run around (considerably less fuel than the Ranger!!).

The savvy has good power to weight , good handling, low dashboard, user friendly driver seat positioning. AMT actuator controlled manual transmission hence best fuel economy in its category.

Many savvys in Phuket because it is the cheapest car in town not made in China.

I had 1 Nissan March for about 10 months now. Much more space than the Savey, And better milage per Lt of petrol

Just sold it for 15,000 less than I bought it for 10 months ago and have driven it 20,000 km. 1,500 a month not bad I thought

Last week I drove to several (7) Nissan dealers for a new one. I found every color and model avalable between the dealers.

You just need to get out and do a little leg work to find what you want

I had 1 Nissan March for about 10 months now. Much more space than the Savey, And better milage per Lt of petrol

Just sold it for 15,000 less than I bought it for 10 months ago and have driven it 20,000 km. 1,500 a month not bad I thought

Last week I drove to several (7) Nissan dealers for a new one. I found every color and model avalable between the dealers.

You just need to get out and do a little leg work to find what you want

legwork by phone yesterday to find a City, 22 dealers called, one sourced, red metallic 704k baht, 350km from here

within the same distance, 2 March, one white pearl at 530?k baht, one black out of the question due to color

Savvy, possibly one on monday

These small cars are extremely popular in Phuket due to good purchasing power and start of high season (rentals)

<p>there is a Nissan dealer in khrathom baen near bkk that has LOTS of Marchs instock.. which one do you want?

</p><p>121 หมู่ 5 เศรษฐกิจ ตำบลคลองมะเดื่อ อำเภอกระทุ่มแบน สมุทรสาคร 74110 โทรศัพท์ 034846717-8,0867900800,0867900789<br>โทรสาร 034846719<br>อีเมล [email protected] <br>เวลาทำการ ทำการทุกวัน 08:30-19:00</p>

Gps...13.647697,100.290735

It's on google maps as Siam Nissan T.K.F. Krathum Baen Samut Sakhon 74110 Thailand

Edited by thaicbr

• 1 month later...

well, I did make a depist on a savvy highline atm in white. they had one in the showroom, but as it was manufactored 5 months earlier, i asked for a new one. ok, next week. went back next week, the wite one sold, and new story, white have to wait for reduced floodings, as no supplies presently. week after week x 5 weeks, same story. then, you can have a black one in 3 days. No thank you, I want white or red. Sorry, only black and silver have. I want to cansell, and have my deposit back.

10 days later, today, 5k baht cash back, so despite dishonest or confused sales staff, at least an honest business returning deposit in cash.

as supply of major players cars seem to pick up, proton is no longer on the list

Once I talked with a Malaysian guy and said I want to buy a Proton here in Thailand. He can't help laughing...

Well hes a bit of a Prick then. They might not be a Benz , but for many folks here without a Bloody Big Head , Or Bank Balance, its got them out of the Rain.annoyed.gif

the exact point of a car for my GF, 50 km a day schoolruns, in rain or sun, she doesnt like neither, and no safety riding airblade.

Proton Savvy would have fixed that, at zero down and zero interest for 48 terms

but a black one is out of the question, and I dont like to be fooled around by sales staff

proton used to be utter crap and thats what the malays remember, I see no major issues with todays product line

daewoo used to be even worse, today they are sold as expensive chevys :rolleyes:

I think any car with 4 wheels beats a motorbike these days in LOS (including those motorbike side cars with 3 :) ), I dont even bother driving my bike much these days because of the potholes and people i know suffering from hit and runs after being clipped or worse. Keeps you out of the elements and should provide good fuel economy, Perhaps if i lived and drove in mainly urban areas id warm to the idea of a brio or one of the ultra compacts. Proton might have very well made big gains, i heard many years ago that exported protons were always better than the local ones. 300% duties ensured proton had a market in malaysia, i suppose production refinement and class leading pricing can help still. They used to source their engines from mitsubishi years ago for the sedan. I like the piece of mind that a larger car affords me even if the little vios for example may boast a better crash offset score than an older more substantial vehicle.

either way the savy is light years ahead of the daihatsu mira shopping cart.

while not living in thailand,we had a nasty experience with a brand new proton at a dealership here in Aus 3 weeks ago, proton have been running a big add campaign here, which caught mrs nigs eye, she has been looking for a new car so we popped along to the dealership, wifey picked out a new white saloon, inside lovely leather seats and things engine looked and sounded okay, the paint job under the sills was coated with what I thought was reddish brown mud , not uncommon here in queensland, bent down for a closer look it was rust I put some pressure on it and my fingers went through the sill and it seems all the way along it was the same.I tried to photograph the damage, but the staff stopped me, i dont know whether this is an isolated case, but it certainly put me off protons