I'M Thai/Egyptian

Hi, I went through the Topics and couldn't find any straight answer so hopefully someone can help me,

I'm Thai/Egyptian Living in Egypt since 1990, I'm 27 years old married, and have a daughter,i can only speak a little Thai cant read/write, i went to Thailand on 2005 and made Thai passport/ ID and listed in my grandmother's thabain baan, as my mother is Thai died in 2000 (so is my Egyptian father died in 2007) and then went back to finish my university, Now i want to move to bangkok and start to live, work and Learn Thai cause i don't want To Lose The Thai Language, am i exempt from Military by any rules?, as i cant go to military because my wife and child( i am the only one who working :) ) Or is there anyone can help me go through military website of thailand showing the Thai military exemption rules because i cant read Thai, Also if i started to work in Thailand what papers Any company in Thailand needs as a Thai citizen eg. military status paper,... etc

Thank You all for help In Advance

Bill Hegazy

Just realize i joined Thaivisa Forum from 2006 and this is my 1st post :-s

Edited by billydark

"...am i exempt from Military by any rules?"

Eligible for the draft until age 30.

May be exempt if you don't speak Thai.

Employers will probably want to see your military exemption papers showing you have met your obligation.

Samran should be along to give better details.

Terry's answer is the best. You become exempt technically on the first day of they year you turn 30.

When that happens,you got to your district office where the sasadee (conscription officers sit) and they'll give you and exception letter.

You'll be fine as you were out of the country, so effectively not eligible for call up. There is potentially a small fine for reporting late for which you'll get a receipt (max 400 baht), but I only paid 200.

Technically, you'll be enrolled in the army reserve - but in the least needed category should Thailand ever decide to go to war and need every reserve male (and all males are in the reserves till they turn 45)

So sorry Kropotkin, thems are the rules and you play by them, you are doing your duty as much as the rules obligated you.