2Month Extension On Non O Marriage Visa

Was supposed to go to Vientiane and get a single entry non O visa but because of the floods it may not be possible.

I am currently on a 15day visa extempt stay(Cambo boarder run) and an agent told me that I could instead of going to get the visa from Laos, get a two month extension stay based on marriage from immigration.

What documents do you need for this at the immigration? He said I could do it myself but I would have a sure chance of getting it trough him? Experiences in getting this extension?

Thanx!

That's the 60-day extension of stay for visiting Thai wife under paragraph 2.24 of Thai Police Order 777/2551 and Immigration Bureau Order 305/2551. You need your passport and copy, photograph, application form, 1,900 Baht, marriage certificate and copy, wife with her ID card and house registration and copies.

When can the application for the 2 month extension be made? At the earliest ? At the latest?

And can the application be made at any immigration office?

Thank you.

Immigration Office and I believe its within 7 days of expiry of current permission to stay.

Recently i've seen mention of a 60 day extension based on marriage and am hoping someone can clarify this for me. I've been married to a Thai lady for 25 years and spent much of that time here (we have 2 children the eldest 18)

I have been on various visas over the last 25 years (tourist, non-b, non-o etc) and am currently on a retirement visa which expires in early November. Unfortunately I will not have the income required for this (or the married visa) until December.

So, my question is can I go to immigration (Bangkok or local office) and get a 2 month extension based on marriage and then return to the non-o. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

When can the application for the 2 month extension be made? At the earliest ? At the latest?

And can the application be made at any immigration office?

Thank you.

You got permission to stay for only 15 days. Apply anytime before it expires. Best not wait until the last day. Apply at any immigration office. The 60 days will be added onto the current permission to stay.

• 3 weeks later...