Where Is It Flooding ?

anon7867763

The flooding map is now showing Highway 7 as being under water, can anyone confirm this ?

http://maps.google.c...e56b7863b0ebfb7

the map you use is out dated better use this 1 and yes it is flooded but not all the way

http://maps.google.fr/maps/ms?msid=203278216882407399461.0004af623e23c9dccde11&msa=0&ll=13.880079,100.654678&spn=0.405955,0.727158

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be arriving at Morchit (Northeastern) bus station. Is it still possible to get from there to Morchit BTS by taxi? (Chatuchak area)?

Right now, yes, it's possible to get from the bus station to the Morchit BTS. I'm guessing it'll be ok for at least the next couple of days, but that's just a guess!

I will be arriving at Morchit (Northeastern) bus station. Is it still possible to get from there to Morchit BTS by taxi? (Chatuchak area)?

Buses bound for the North and Northeast will be re-routed because of floods, the Transport Co announced yesterday.

Northbound buses will depart and arive at the Mor Chit 2 terminal, its still posible to go by taxi if you can find 1 who bring you there cause if they see litle water they stop and say can not pass

Can anyone give me an update on Lad Prao/Suthisan area. I live Vipavadee 16 near Thai Rath and Thai Air.

I am away from BKK but I need to get back for work and family stuff. I am booked to come back Monday, but I can extend 2-3 days. I am worried that I won't get back in taxi if soi floods this weekend.

If the water is at Don Muang and Kasertsart, is my area next? I know that a crystal ball would help!!

Eddy

Eddy, I work at Lat Prao intersection and live on Soi Aree Phaholyothin. I came by taxi today and no problems, no water at all. Saphan Kwai area was dry though the khlong just past the intersection before you get to Chatuchak looked like it was near the top. I don't know about Suthisarn Rd or Lad Prao Rds themselves but Phaoloyothin was OK someways past Lad Prao intersection, although they said yesterday there was some flooding at Major Ratchayothin. The further you go up Phaholyothin or Viapwadee of course the more likely you're going to run into problems.

useful thanks!

I know that klong...it's normally low.

Is there some kind of barrier that is stopping the water which wants to come down from Don Muang? I left BKK 7 days ago because Lad prao was 'due any day'. My neighbour says it is still dry so far.

I too got spooked and left bkk twice. First between 19 to 22 Oct then from 26 till now, all due to scary news. Hotels in Chonburi, where we first fled to were full the second time and therefore we are now in Pattaya.

Time to go back and face the situation in Vibhavadi Road (between Soi 16-20). Will keep suitcase ready though (for the 3rd time).

Good luck to everyone who are still on dry land.

Hi All, just got back from Watcharaphon, at Crystal Park now for lunch and then back to the hotel to try and do some work I guess. thought I would relax a bit and upload some pics. I have made an album on Facebook that shows the route from my house at Narasiri to the Ramintra-Watcharaphon Junction. Those who live there may find it interesting, those who don't may also find it interesting.

Probably my last time in with the car, had a couple scary moments when some big trucks were reeling down the road washing over everyone in their path. A$$holes! But made it out ok. Will take the shuttle truck from now on I guess.

Probably around 40-60 cms of water on W. Road, about 20 in my village.

Access my FB public album of this trip HERE.

Take care everyone! Hope it gets drier soon, I'm tired of all my dreams being flood-themed.... :(

Edited by tominbkk

Phahonyothin Junction with soi 32 (now Sena Nikom Road) is now unusable for sensible drivers, due to the flooding of 32 to a depth of about a meter. Traffic is exiting Soi 30 now, which joins Phaholyothin more or less opposite Major cineplex, to go South. The soi off Soi 32 where Waterford and Sai lom condos are is awash I am told. The flooding of Soi 32 occurred since yesterday midday when it was bone dry. I am in a side road off soi 30 which has a puddle at the entrance bringing the water level in our drains about a foot below the soi surface. The level is increasing in the drain by about 1cm per hour at the moment.

I have returned from Major Rachayothin.

We have a problem.

Water is coming from Rachada-Pisek from the direction of Mae Nam Chao Praya.

This is what happened at Kaset a few days ago. Water started showing up on Ngam Wong Wan and it spread to Phahon Yothin. Dry patches between Kaset and Saphan Mai vanished overnight, and Kaset continued to flood.

Now the water has jumped from above to Sena all the way to Rachayothin. It's still in the pseudo-erotic phase (lapping at the intersection and the road surface is just starting to get wet). But, Rachada-Pisek in front of The Avenue is flooded curb to curb.

All is dry on RP across PY, and PY to Lad Prao is still dry. (Are we all clear on "dry" reports now? When there's water on one side of the street but not the other, sing it from the rooftops! Or, when somebody asks about a specific neighborhood, sound off!)

Now I'm going to make a prediction:

Water will spread and rise but it may not really advance for 24 hours. Friday noon, all bets are off. Saturday is when we might start getting our feet wet at Lad Prao intersection. Surfing will occur sometime between next week and American Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Lad Prao, I haven't been to Chok Chai 4 or Big C Imperal for awhile and I really don't want to go. Can people between Rachada-Pisek and The Mall Bangkapi sound off?

I just got a call from one of my employees that lives at Choke Chai 4 soi 27. She said that there is water creeping in. As best I could tell, filtering out the panic/drama, it is a very small bit slowing coming in. However, it is most definitely there. Hopefully someone in that area can chime in here and confirm.

Just drove up from Hua Hin to Bkk (arrived Bkk 10am) Phetkasem road was fine through to Dao Kanong but was a bit busy at the Bang Kae/Bang Na motorway intersection at Samut Sakhon.

Was meant to be going to our office at Shinawtra 3 building on Vibhawadee Road (near PTT building) but they closed the office at mid day to allow everyone to get out, my boss has just called and said Sarin place opposite SCB plaza have been told to evacuate today?

So instead of driving to the office drove from Dao Kanong to Lat Phro tollway exit at SC Park (Pradit Mautham Road - Kaset Narmawin road), our village here is clear as was the drive over, half the village have evacuated and built walls out the front while the other half play round the pool and are out watering their gardens and washing their cars...

We have built a 1.5m wall out the house and am off to stay in Sukhumviht for the weekend, it's getting close to beer o clock and the water is slowly creeping our way by the looks of it.

Just back from Major Ratchayothin/Ratchada.

Water now present just outside Major. Continuing northwards, flooded from Phahon Yothin Soi 35 onwards. Approx. 40cm deep. Police redirecting northbound small vehicles to turn back or take flyover.

Same time yesterday, flooding started at Soi 39. That's about 500m in 24hrs I reckon.

Also starting to have problems - water on the road but not flooded yet - top of Chok Chai Ruammit (Viphawadee 16) meets Ratchada.

Good luck to all.

Thanks for the pictures of our street Tom. How many days do you think it will be before the water will start to go down, and we can go back? I live 4 km north of you on Watcharapol, and the water is deeper. We're in Prachinburi now at a hotel waitin in out. My son is sick with a bacteria infection in his stomach or intestines so we are all tired trying to take care of him. Take care.

Thanks for the pictures of our street Tom. How many days do you think it will be before the water will start to go down, and we can go back? I live 4 km north of you on Watcharapol, and the water is deeper. We're in Prachinburi now at a hotel waitin in out. My son is sick with a bacteria infection in his stomach or intestines so we are all tired trying to take care of him. Take care.

Sounds like he has (gastro) enteritis. I had that last month.

If I were you, get him to a hospital and get him checked out for Leptospirosis, also.

You give him any meds?

this morning drove from Ayutthaya to Lat Krabang over the re-opened Highway 9/Outer ring road/Kanchanapisek West

Only for trucks, pick-ups and SUV's accessible

Between the entrance at Bang Pa In up to Raam Intra huge amounts of water on the roads especially around the toll gate at Rangsit/Nakhon Nayok..

On the other side, direction Ayutthaya noticed traffic as well same type same circumstances

Funny enough Kanchanapisek direction Ayutthaya was blocked at Ram Intra.... no idea why because I earlier noticed traffic going that direction, must have gone off and up at Ram Intra..

So I will probably go back tomorrow on Highway 1 exit Thanon Asia/Highway 32

Highway 32 is OK for all traffic again, but drive carefully as people still live on some parts and they have wandering dogs.....

Right now, yes, it's possible to get from the bus station to the Morchit BTS. I'm guessing it'll be ok for at least the next couple of days, but that's just a guess!

Thanks much!

this morning drove from Ayutthaya to Lat Krabang over the re-opened Highway 9/Outer ring road/Kanchanapisek West

Only for trucks, pick-ups and SUV's accessible

Between the entrance at Bang Pa In up to Raam Intra huge amounts of water on the roads especially around the toll gate at Rangsit/Nakhon Nayok..

On the other side, direction Ayutthaya noticed traffic as well same type same circumstances

Funny enough Kanchanapisek direction Ayutthaya was blocked at Ram Intra.... no idea why because I earlier noticed traffic going that direction, must have gone off and up at Ram Intra..

So I will probably go back tomorrow on Highway 1 exit Thanon Asia/Highway 32

Highway 32 is OK for all traffic again, but drive carefully as people still live on some parts and they have wandering dogs.....

You mean Kanchanipisek EAST, right? Kanchanapisek south of Ram Inthra is OK? My favorite stretch of highway is the Kanchanapisek from Bang Pa-In to Ram Inthra. It actually resembles an Autobahn and is safe/possible for high speed.

Hi All, just got back from Watcharaphon, at Crystal Park now for lunch and then back to the hotel to try and do some work I guess. thought I would relax a bit and upload some pics. I have made an album on Facebook that shows the route from my house at Narasiri to the Ramintra-Watcharaphon Junction. Those who live there may find it interesting, those who don't may also find it interesting.

Probably my last time in with the car, had a couple scary moments when some big trucks were reeling down the road washing over everyone in their path. A$$holes! But made it out ok. Will take the shuttle truck from now on I guess.

Probably around 40-60 cms of water on W. Road, about 20 in my village.

Access my FB public album of this trip HERE.

Take care everyone! Hope it gets drier soon, I'm tired of all my dreams being flood-themed.... :(

Thanks for the great pics Tom. Now I have a really good idea about what our area looks like . I dread to go see what Noble Geo looks like as I know the village is on low land.

Take care. Let's hope we can go live at home soon.

I hope your son recovers quickly. Let's hope we can go home to Watcharaphon soon. Good luck to you and your family!

BTW - you should take your son to a hospital to be checked for leprositis.

Edited by ohcanuck

Just drove up from Hua Hin to Bkk (arrived Bkk 10am) Phetkasem road was fine through to Dao Kanong but was a bit busy at the Bang Kae/Bang Na motorway intersection at Samut Sakhon.

I am confused. Phetkasem Road does not go to Dao Kanong nor Samut Sakhon. It passes through Phasi Charoen, Bang Khae, Nong Khaem, Om Noi, Om Yai, and so on until Nakornpathom. And it is closed in places according to the street closed thread. There was a meter of water yesterday at the Mall Bang Khae.

Since you were driving from Hua Hin, and Phetkasem Road is an odd route to take from there, is it possible you meant Rama 2 Road (Route 35)?

You mean Kanchanipisek EAST, right? Kanchanapisek south of Ram Inthra is OK? My favorite stretch of highway is the Kanchanapisek from Bang Pa-In to Ram Inthra. It actually resembles an Autobahn and is safe/possible for high speed.

Could be East or West I never looked at the sign carefully enough because by than I have passed it already :rolleyes:

If it were just as smooth as an Autobahn... :D

The part between Ram Intra and Bang Na is no problem at all, the other part is more adventurous...

We have built a 1.5m wall out the house and am off to stay in Sukhumviht for the weekend, it's getting close to beer o clock and the water is slowly creeping our way by the looks of it.

Did they strengthen it properly with steel, or dump a load of earth/sandbags behind it etc? Not trying to wind you up, but if it's a Thai special single skin (more render than brick/block) and the water gets right up, you could have a mini-tsunami headed for the house. Keep the nippers away from it. All the best. ;)

I am confused. Phetkasem Road does not go to Dao Kanong nor Samut Sakhon. It passes through Phasi Charoen, Bang Khae, Nong Khaem, Om Noi, Om Yai, and so on until Nakornpathom. And it is closed in places according to the street closed thread. There was a meter of water yesterday at the Mall Bang Khae.

Since you were driving from Hua Hin, and Phetkasem Road is an odd route to take from there, is it possible you meant Rama 2 Road (Route 35)?

Hi Luckizucchini

Yes my fault you were correct I was on Rama2 this morning and it was clear,

sorry about that my head must still have been in Hua Hin

Cheers and best of luck to everyone

<br />
<br />Thanks for the pictures of our street Tom.  How many days do  you think it will be before the water will start to go down, and we can go back?  I live 4 km north of you on Watcharapol, and the water is deeper.  We're in Prachinburi now at a hotel waitin in out.  My son is sick with a bacteria infection in his stomach or intestines so we are all tired trying to take care of him.  Take care.<br />
<br /><br />I hope your son recovers quickly. Let's hope we can go home to Watcharaphon soon. Good luck to you and your family! <br /><br />BTW - you should take your son to a hospital to be checked for leprositis.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I think you mean Leptospirosis as Leprositis is a citrus disease. Leptospirosis is a bacterial infection that, in this instance, would be from exposure to rat [or other critters] urine whilst standin'/playin' in flood waters.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002352/

My friend got Leptospirosis a few months back from fishing in the flood waters. He didn't go to hospital for about 2 weeks then Thai docs misdiagnosed him for almost 2 weeks b4 they got it right. By that time his kindneys had shut down after passin' blood thru all orifices. A good long dose of antibiotics given intravenously is the only thing that saved his life.

So Staggerlee, you should MOST DEF heed the advice posted and seek medical care for you child tootsweet!

Hi, hope your son is feeling better! Like the others said, be sure to get him checked up, some nasty little buggers in that water I suppose.

Who knows when the water will come down? I'm very much a homebody and this whole thing has been tough, no matter how nice the hotel is. Let's hope that it can start decreasing in a week or so, so we can start drying things out and cleaning up!

And to all other Wacharapholians, take care and stay safe!

Tom, many thanks for the great update always !! and now I know what I could expect ( and not expect ). my moo baan on the Ruam Mit Phatthana and is indeed on the lower end. let's hope for the best !

ohcanuck, my wife called our neighbours and also the property guys. information is very fuzzy, yet soi 8 is hit badly.

staggerlee, don't take any risk in such incident, bring your kid to nearest hospital as soon. good luck !!

I walked towards Rachayothin from Lad Prao intersection within the past hour.

There are some sandbags at Central I hadn't noticed before.

I stopped walking at the last pedestrian overpass prior to Rachada and Major. It's in between Tesco Lotus and the Elephant Bldg.

For the life of me, I couldn't see the water with my naked eye, and it doesn't seem to be visible in any photo, either. So, I assume it's still at Rachayothin, rising and spreading to all four corners.

Jatujak (formerly Bang Khen) post office is in the flooded area. So much for mail delivery. I rather wish I hadn't bought all that crap on ebay.

post-32175-0-68758900-1320314658_thumb.j

post-32175-0-04281600-1320314671_thumb.j